F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT iDrive Installation Guide
ARMA SPEED

03-10-2016, 04:06 AM   #67
Bmwespendn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320DT E91 Msport 2011

I have just installed my CIC Prof. I had an Cic busniess from before.
The blue, Pink and the black plug cable does not fit into the new HU. What sould i do and where can i buy it? Can i scrape of the connectors and custom fit it?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 06:18 AM   #68
Bmwespendn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Can u help me?

Here is some pics, the screen cable does not fit :/ What sould i do? And where can i buy a new one? Its a diffrent connector.
The Gps and radio connector i custom fited, i just pulled off the connector, so now it fit. But not the screen cable :/
Name:  sdfdf.jpg
Views: 8935
Size:  218.5 KB
Name:  erererr.jpg
Views: 9702
Size:  254.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 02:47 PM   #69
peikko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwespendn View Post
I have just installed my CIC Prof. I had an Cic busniess from before.
The blue, Pink and the black plug cable does not fit into the new HU. What sould i do and where can i buy it? Can i scrape of the connectors and custom fit it?
Interestingly I went from CIC Business to NBT and all the cables fitted except the screen (the USB fitted but didn't do anything as it went to the combox).

Have you upgraded the screen or are you using the screen that came with the CIC Business?

The screen's have different cables and I don't think they have the same wiring configuration.

The below might work but you are best to ask the guy first:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-F10-F2...m=261457587974
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 03:03 PM   #70
peikko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Here is some pics, the screen cable does not fit :/ What sould i do? And where can i buy a new one? Its a diffrent connector.
The Gps and radio connector i custom fited, i just pulled off the connector, so now it fit. But not the screen cable :/
Attachment 1379550
Attachment 1379551
Vad fan norrman Just noticed in your picture the back of your business HU that the blue and black plastic connection pieces are missing

If they are still fixed to the cables then they wont fit onto the professional unit..

When I took the GPS (blue) off it got stuck and I pulled it loose and I was left with bare metal like in your picture. However I managed to get it back on to the pin on the back of the stereo..

I can show you a picture of the rear of my CIC business if it will explain it better..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #71
Bmwespendn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Haha 😂 They have been gone all the time. And the wiring to the new cic i needed to take apart the connectors 😳😆

Yes show me a pic 😌👍
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 01:19 PM   #72
peikko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi,

Picture of CIC business, I was working on my car earlier and stripped the black connector off my NBT and have no radio signal now! I did fix it back on but it must have come loose when putting the NBT back into the dash and I cannot be bothered opening it to fix. It is easily done as the connectors dont always release well....

Sorry about poor photo quality but HTC M8s cameras suck.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #73
Bmwespendn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Okay. I ordered a new cable for the screen All wil fit now.
Do you know wich koding i sould use?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 04:13 PM   #74
palumbo77
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw f31

Hello, I'm retrofitting an nbt from a entrynav.
What I have to change???
I have Nbt unit, display, touch idrive and ecu and video wire.
What i have to do??
Buy an emulator??
I have a combox on my F31 want I have to do??
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 05:54 PM   #75
peikko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by palumbo77 View Post
Hello, I'm retrofitting an nbt from a entrynav.
What I have to change???
I have Nbt unit, display, touch idrive and ecu and video wire.
What i have to do??
Buy an emulator??
I have a combox on my F31 want I have to do??
Knightsabres original guide is really good, read his guide carefully.

You will need an Emulator Cable as this tricks the car into thinking that VIN for the HU and car match. Otherwise the FSC codes for the original car won't work. If you are super rich you can always buy the FSC codes though

In entrynav with combox the cabling for the Bluetooth, usb (in the centre console in my case), mic and MOST go to the combox.

You can re-route the Bluetooth and USB or replace the cables / antenna (will cost about £40). I didn't bother re-routing them as it involves lots of trim removal etc from the boot. It was easier to replace them and if you need to return the car to stock it is far easier.

The MOST cable has to be terminated at the Combox (you can buy a terminating loop) or your NBT & Dash won't work together.

The mics you have to re-wire and this involves cutting cables and running wires to the mics from the Headunit. There are four wires in total that need to be run (2 wires each for both passenger and driver mics). Search for Kitster on the forum and he has a guide on OEM connectors and a wiring diagram for the quadlock. It is best to joint into the emulator cabling in case you wish to return the vehicle to stock.

You will also need a OBD2 Ethernet cable (so that you can code the unit into the car) and a laptop. I wont go into coding as I am useless!!
Appreciate 1
fe7565528.50
      03-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #76
peikko
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Okay. I ordered a new cable for the screen All wil fit now.
Do you know wich koding i sould use?
Kul, lycka till! Söka efter kodning uppgifter, pröva att söka efter Kitster i forum han förklarade kodning åt mig. Eller man kan alltid köpa fjärrkodning på ebay.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 04:49 AM   #77
Bmwespendn
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peikko View Post
Kul, lycka till! Söka efter kodning uppgifter, pröva att söka efter Kitster i forum han förklarade kodning åt mig. Eller man kan alltid köpa fjärrkodning på ebay.
Ja Skal sende han en melding 👍😎
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 05:00 AM   #78
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Sport Line 320ded

Need help after retrofit.

Hello all, I just did my NBT retrofit from huentry to my F30 04.2012. Everything is working fine except some strange thing : when I take an exit from an highway, for 2-3 seconds navi will show that the car is still on the highway, and after that it reposition the car on the exit I take. Does anyone have this strange situation? Or any idea to fix it?
I want to mention that everything else is working OK , the car has OEM GPS antenna, the ICM, DSC, FEM modules were coded after retrofit, with 609 option, but I can't find an fix for my problem.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #79
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_bml View Post
Hello all, I just did my NBT retrofit from huentry to my F30 04.2012. Everything is working fine except some strange thing : when I take an exit from an highway, for 2-3 seconds navi will show that the car is still on the highway, and after that it reposition the car on the exit I take. Does anyone have this strange situation? Or any idea to fix it?
I want to mention that everything else is working OK , the car has OEM GPS antenna, the ICM, DSC, FEM modules were coded after retrofit, with 609 option, but I can't find an fix for my problem.
Thank you.
For the GPS antenna, did you use an aftermarket one and where did you place it?
      04-13-2016, 02:03 PM   #80
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Sport Line 320ded

I didn't use an aftermarket GPS antenna, car already had it, since it had hu_entry nav from factory ( business navigation, the one with 6" display).
So I don't think is from GPS antenna. Another strange thing is that this evening I saw an F10 with factory CIC witch make the exact same thing, on exit from the highway, the car is moveing forward on highway for almost 2 secconds and then came to the right way. So maybe my NBT doesn't have a problem with that.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 03:48 AM   #81
xenos
Rep
Drives: bmw 116i

Question Questions Again

Hi to all, I have retrofitted a NBT unit on my F20 and works fine. The only problem is that I didn't have Bluetooth installed and I currently want to add it, since NBT can provide this functionality.
I understand that I need the following hardware:

*BT antenna with Fakra plug (such as this one

*BT Mic with wiring (such as this one

Some questions:

1) I see BT antennas from 7 eur to 33 eur
Does it make sense to buy the 'expensive' one?

2) About the mic installation, I see at emtronica's product that:
"310 cm cable" ==> will this be enough length?
"note that quadlock pin-outs for mic in each system is different, so you should change before installing microphone" ==> can you tell me where this mic will be connected at NBT back side? Will I have to change the connectors? And will a possible fault of mine create problem to the nbt, the mic or the car?

3) Having in mind that I do not currently have any mic in my car, I do not have the default casing at car's roof (above and left side at driver's seat), where could I install it? I thought to put it at center top dome but I am thinking how hard could the wiring be there. Any advise on this?

Last edited by xenos; 06-23-2016 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: wrong number
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #82
Moto-XXX
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2013 335iA Touring M-sport

Awesome guide, thank you very much.
I have a couple of questions (and probably more to come):

1. My F31 (F186514 manufactured 2013/02) does not have navi or a combox but is does have the simple Bluetooth handsfree, will this retrofit still work and how will the installation differ?
Possibly relevant options my car have:
507 PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC)
6AA BMW TELESERVICES
6AB CONTROL TELESERVICES
6NH HANDS-FREE FACILITY W. USB INTERFAC
8SC COUNTRY SPEC. RELEASE OF TELESERVICE

2. What parts are needed?
Available kits seem to generally contain "Navigation and entertainment computer NBT with HDD", 8,8 monitor, and iDrive controller. My understanding is that I need an "emulator cable" and a GPS antenna as well but what else?

EDIT:
I found the answers to most of my questions in this thread where someone did a retrofit in a car with similar options as mine: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1131072

Last edited by Moto-XXX; 08-20-2016 at 02:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #83
Joywee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 435i - Ashe

Help with "Bimmer-Tech MMI Backup Camera" Connection to NBT Activation Wire

Thanks for the DIY guide, I now have a retrofit NBT Navi 8.8 inch screen installed from the previous CIC unit 6.6 inch screen.

Does anyone know how to connect the activation wire into the bimmertech MMI backup camera switch box?

Please let me know if this has been done before. I been running about 3-4 weeks now without my backup camera. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #84
kevinjt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport 14'

And i was scared to install a 10.2" screen to upgrade my 8.8" NBT screen.

Props to OP!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #85
Slacky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Hey guys

Just a quick one, I've got an hu entry, I take it this guide doesn't really help me as this is for a cic to nbt?

What are the cic radios?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #86
rkspeck33
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi - F32

Can we get the pictures update? Since photbucket is charging money now?? Would be great for such a good write up
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 01:41 AM   #87
rkspeck33
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joywee View Post
Thanks for the DIY guide, I now have a retrofit NBT Navi 8.8 inch screen installed from the previous CIC unit 6.6 inch screen.

Does anyone know how to connect the activation wire into the bimmertech MMI backup camera switch box?

Please let me know if this has been done before. I been running about 3-4 weeks now without my backup camera. Thanks!
would also like to know this.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 08:10 AM   #88
rkspeck33
Private
Rep

Anyone have a DIY, video or post about how to hook up the NEW mic for the NBT. I cannot see his pictures due to the new Photo-bucket thing wanting 300$ a month crap.
Appreciate 0