F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Store Vancouver = Epic Fail...
Extreme Powerhouse

12-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #23
gunmetalgrey
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 Alpine White 335xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
320 is an upgrade ? You should have asked for equivalent or better and gas card (as goodwill)
Their pathetic excuse is that they don't have anything better for their loaner vehicles...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #24
CaptChaos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Grey

Sorry to hear about your experience.

How about asking for part of one months lease to be waived?

Seems to be the least they could do if it is going to take a week or two to fix.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #25
TSiSPY007
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 335i xDrive;16 X1;96 4G63T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmetalgrey View Post
Their pathetic excuse is that they don't have anything better for their loaner vehicles...
It's a pity they play such games... I'm sure they can make arrangements to at least give you a demo vehicle. I've had that done at non-BMW dealers... so disappointing...

Somewhat on point, I've only dealt with AutoWest for servicing (bought mine from BJ) and was surprised they wanted a "$25 admin fee" for a "courtesy car"... how is that a "courtesy"? Their response was such a prepped 1-liner: "The $25 is not a rental fee, but it's a small service charge to ensure we can uphold our exceptional customer service." Um, no thanks. Is this the norm with BMW Dealers? I've had/ still have MB and Audi and never had to pay for a courtesy car... Talk about nickle-and-diming someone who spent $60K+ on your product.

Fred
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 12:09 AM   #26
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiSPY007 View Post
Somewhat on point, I've only dealt with AutoWest for servicing (bought mine from BJ) and was surprised they wanted a "$25 admin fee" for a "courtesy car"... how is that a "courtesy"? Their response was such a prepped 1-liner: "The $25 is not a rental fee, but it's a small service charge to ensure we can uphold our exceptional customer service." Um, no thanks. Is this the norm with BMW Dealers? I've had/ still have MB and Audi and never had to pay for a courtesy car... Talk about nickle-and-diming someone who spent $60K+ on your product.
Technically as of August 1, 2013, BMW Canada has decided that Courtesy cars are no longer a courtesy, and that it is now a $24.95 Mobility Fee with extra fees on top for extra days and stuff.

If you have a good relationship with the SA or Dealer, they should be able to waive it.

Even though I purchased my 328i from Auto West, I only went there for service when I needed to retrofit things because I already had a good relation with one of the other dealers. They gave me a loaner for free the first time. The second time it was a struggle, that same SA questioned me on having a loaner at "no charge." Well one, you gave me a free one last time and two, the other dealer always gives me a loaner at no charge. And you want to charge me for this visit in a 320? Only after the SA spoke with the assistant manager, it would be free of charge only this one extra time as if they were doing a favor and that it would be charged next time.

I won't be using Auto West, not because they charge for the loaners, but because its misleading that they put "Courtesy of Auto West BMW" in the rear window so it's false advertising and that the service I got from the SA I had wasn't satisfactory and didn't understand some issues. Also the finance department was hell because of miscommunication which resulted in screwed up paperwork.

TL;DL, Auto West has false advertising, and Service and Admin staff were not too helpful.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #27
xxxrsxxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: car

After hearing about all these bad experiences, what's the best location to bring your car in for service?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #28
focal
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i 6MT w/ MPS & MPE

I'd be happy with a 320i for my rental fee instead of the Ford Fiesta I had to "rent" through the dealer when I brought my car in for service. I needed a car and not to use the shuttle.

paying for a loaner car isn't the issue. it's getting an off brand make that's a huge downgrade that's annoying.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #29
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

loaner here in GTA can range up to $50 for a bmw and about $25 for a crapped box.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #30
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmetalgrey View Post
Yeah I'm trying to get an idea of what sort of compensation I could get for this..Waiting for a friend that works as a manager at ICBC materials damage to see their point of view on the whole matter. basically they've now added a declaration to vehicle for the damage incurred so that will be carried around in the event of resale. Granted the vehicle is a lease but now they've ruined the option for us to buy it out at lease end (not that we would want to) but using it as a form of leverage.
So youre trying to get something for nothing then? If you owned it that would be a different story but they own it. As long as it looks good after repair who cares? Should get a free loaner at least.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #31
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
After hearing about all these bad experiences, what's the best location to bring your car in for service?
Doesnt sound like there is one. These guys have a problem with every dealer.

This situation is unfortunate but accidents happen. Anyone here ever have an accident? The car will be fixed and look and drive like new and then you will give it back because it is their car. Dealer or BMW should give you a free loaner and maybe waive a month as goodwill (doubt that will happen). As for loaners, I believe they all charge for them now and X1 and 320 seem to be what they use. Why would they use 335 or better? Have you guys read how people here treat loaners?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #32
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

There is certainly no perfect dealer but I've been with Brian Jessel for my third BMW and I've always had a good experience there for service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #33
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
As for loaners, I believe they all charge for them now and X1 and 320 seem to be what they use. Why would they use 335 or better? Have you guys read how people here treat loaners?
It's funny because Auto West has everything from X1s and 320s to 435s and 528s for loaners.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #34
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
loaner here in GTA can range up to $50 for a bmw and about $25 for a crapped box.
Depends on the dealership I guess. I've never paid for a loaner at Town+Country, although it is always a non-BMW rental car.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #35
focal
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i 6MT w/ MPS & MPE

when I had a few long service (multi days), the dealer always arranged a car for me. I've had X1's and 320's. it was only on a day service where I needed a car that I had to pay and it was a non BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #36
xpidex
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Sline

I'm really sorry for what happened to you. The service side of BMW has noticeable come down. They indeed charge for the loaners (they give you the choice of free pick-up/drop service or pay for the cab). Our order car is an Audi and here in Calgary the service difference is night and day.

I'm having a rattle noise coming from the centre console. Back on september I told the dealership under the normal oil change to take a look into it. They told me couldn't replicate and nothing can be done. But I know after the first 1yr I know this types of issues is not cover under warranty; so it will interesting to see what happens after that yr.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 12:40 AM   #37
maxgohan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: pre-lci e90 335i

ask them to buy out your lease and lease you a new car....

EDIT:
looks like it's been a few weeks already, outcome?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #38
crono06
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i and 2018 X3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
Depends on the dealership I guess. I've never paid for a loaner at Town+Country, although it is always a non-BMW rental car.
From what I've seen at both Budds and Toronto/Parkview, they charge $25 for all customers. If you bought your vehicle from them, they will give you a BMW loaner. If you bought your car elsewhere, you'll get some sort of rental. I've seen some pretty nice ones such as Infiniti's and stuff though.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #39
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by crono06 View Post
From what I've seen at both Budds and Toronto/Parkview, they charge $25 for all customers. If you bought your vehicle from them, they will give you a BMW loaner.
Budds waived the loaner fee for me when I needed the loaner because they bricked my car and needed to hang onto it for a few days so they could figure out how to get it going again (first visit due to burnt out tail light). They also waived the loaner fee when again they needed to keep my car overnight (second visit for first scheduled maintenance) as they didn't perform the work I asked them to (mount winter tires) even though they were sitting in the back seat - cause I always drive around with an extra set of tires? In both cases I got my car back with the work that needed to be done, but it's still annoying to have to go to the trouble. This week they will be up for their third strike as the recent cold has caused the spring on the gas door to break so the door won't stay closed. They say it is an entire day to repair (a little spring)? but that it is under warranty. I'm giving them the car for a week as I will be out of town, so hopefully it's done without incident when I get back.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 09:44 AM   #40
crono06
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i and 2018 X3

Jeez, that does not sound like a good first few visits. I do hope that you get the car back without issues as well - especially since you're leaving it for a week lol.

I've had some problems with them as well (they forgot to order parts for some warranty work I went in for which resulted in me having to make multiple trips). That was really only the one time though, so I'm hoping for the best moving forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 02:42 PM   #41
endless402
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 EBII

At least it's white. It took no1 3 tries to paint match eb2. First time it was a completely different shade of blue
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #42
euro-r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17' BMW X5 | MSport | MPPK

any updates?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 11:22 AM   #43
2HIGH~PSI
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '94 Supra TT 6MT, '15 MW M4

How do they consider that "minor damage"....?

Minor damage is like scraping your lip on the hoist arm, or accidentally curbing a wheel.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #44
mybmw4
Power User
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive GC

"Minor damage"??????? I have to say WOW....

Any update on this??
Appreciate 0