F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > AUDIO Upgrade F30 B47
proTUNING Freaks

03-23-2024, 04:24 AM   #1
leszek91
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 b47

AUDIO Upgrade F30 B47

Hi everyone

After owning my f30 for over 3 years I decided to upgrade my speakers, my B47(uk model) has left factory at poor basic setup with just 4 speakers 2 subs I would say? Im sick of poor sound

Wanted to make it kind of hi fi upgrade - add centre channel, swap door ones for speaker/tweeters, add 2 more on shelf and install amp inside boot.

The biggest issue seems to be I have no center channel pre cut there is no hole to put speaker there, swapping entire dashbord with one pre cut is little bit too much work for me, did anyone tried cutting himself? Will there be a place to fit the mid/tweeter?

Will it all work with my HU is there a place back of it to connect new stuff to it? Need some coding as well?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 09:31 AM   #2
Arthurrs
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i xdrive Gran Coupe

I have to ask....do you *really* need a center channel. How often are you going to play movies in your car? Any of the music you play back is stereo, there is no discrete center channel coming from the file being played, it is synthesized, and in some cases it's a poor one.

Concentrate on upgrading the speakers to get the best possible stereo image, upgrade your amp/dsp. Lots of choices out there, I upgraded my former F30 with hifi system with a set of Morel Hybrid 402's in the front, earthquake subs under the seat, Bimmertech/Match dsp/amp in the boot, along with a JL Audio trunk sub and separate power amp. Sounded incredible, and I never missed the center speaker that I disabled.
      03-25-2024, 05:17 AM   #3
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Don’t run or have a centre speaker, get good results without one.

Just get some nice door components and replace base audio underseat woofers. Grab a Techincs PNP bmw harnesses to split the daisy chained woofer and door speakers. Nice amp to increase dynamic range. DSP for better speaker control.

Or inexpensive audio uplift on base audio is to search on Vibe upgrades on here.
Appreciate 0