F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Dealership service means no BMW ever again?
Studio RSR

06-09-2018, 08:04 PM   #45
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3c6 View Post
Here's some pics, communication has been poor with service manager today. Left a message with general manager, not convinced he'll care either.

At least they're supplying me with damning documentation I can present to BMW NA.

Do you have pics of the "before"?

1. Those center cap scratches aren't anywhere NEAR what I would consider bad enough to bitch about for 4 new wheels

2. The overspray would depend on how bad the damage is under them, though I'd agree it looks a bit sloppy.

Either way, if they're giving you 4 new wheels for that...or even just 2 new wheels for the oversprayed ones and 4 new center caps...that'd be more than good enough in my opinion.

I mean not to knock anything but those aren't the GTS wheels or anything even that expensive either and I'd expect worse chips just from rocks in the road let alone a dealer service.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #46
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
I figured from the OP's ranting it was something substantial. Fully understand why the dealership would want to "fire this customer".
Don't you think the dealership should be held accountable for sloppy work? Keep in mind the op said he's experienced similar issues numerous times with multiple cars serviced at that dealership. It sounds like he let them get away with it on plenty of other occasions.

Why should we be so forgiving with a dealership that sells and services premium cars? Is it unreasonable to expect a little more when you spend a little more?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 08:20 PM   #47
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Quote:
Here's some pics, communication has been poor with service manager today. Left a message with general manager, not convinced he'll care either.

At least they're supplying me with damning documentation I can present to BMW NA.

1. Those center cap scratches aren't anywhere NEAR what I would consider bad enough to bitch about for 4 new wheels

2. The overspray would depend on how bad the damage is under them, though I'd agree it looks a bit sloppy.

Either way, if they're giving you 4 new wheels for that...or even just 2 new wheels for the oversprayed ones and 4 new center caps...that'd be more than good enough in my opinion.

I mean not to knock anything but those aren't the GTS wheels or anything even that expensive either and I'd expect worse chips just from rocks in the road let alone a dealer service.
One shouldn't expect ANY damage from a dealer service. The car should come from a dealer service looking and functioning better than when it went in. That's why we bring these cars to the dealer. They supposedly have all of the specialized tools and training to service these cars right.
Appreciate 4
jmg18665.50
dL.78.50
LMK5147.00
      06-10-2018, 02:20 AM   #48
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

There’s damage and there’s DAMAGE.

I’ll bitch when I get my car detailed and the detailer leaves a big old greasy handprint on the headliner. Or if they completely ignore the sunroof and I get in and look up and see a ton of water spots.

I’ll bitch if I go to the dealer for an exhaust rattle and it comes up with a 4” scratch on my door.

But...a scratch that looks to be all of 1mm long on the side of a cap nobody including myself is ever going to see or look at?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #49
EvenKeel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Quote:
They'll be named in the first post when I get the car back and decide if i'm calling BMW NA or not.
I’m not following. You already said:

Quote:
BMW NA didn't care either, so why bother?
So have you talked to BMWNA or not?
Dude....quit antagonizing the OP with your BS.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #50
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
There's damage and there's DAMAGE.

I'll bitch when I get my car detailed and the detailer leaves a big old greasy handprint on the headliner. Or if they completely ignore the sunroof and I get in and look up and see a ton of water spots.

I'll bitch if I go to the dealer for an exhaust rattle and it comes up with a 4" scratch on my door.

But...a scratch that looks to be all of 1mm long on the side of a cap nobody including myself is ever going to see or look at?
I'm actually the opposite. I figure I can clean off a hand print, or buff out water spots. It's sloppy work, and it sucks, but I can quickly fix it. I can't easily address damage to the rims. Those scratches and scrapes might look small now, but they're weak points that can, and probably will become rusted and look much worse when exposed to the elements.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 02:39 PM   #51
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep
Drives: stuff

Garage List
  [0.00]
2019 BMW M850i conv ...  [0.00]
Heh guys the wheels were flawless when I brought it in, I purchased the car new... damaging the wheels when replacing center caps then hiring a 3rd party company to repair the damage by ripping paint off in other areas then overspraying clear all over is not acceptable.

I brought it in with flawless wheels, now I do not have flawless wheels. It is that simple, all because they were too lazy to remove the wheels to swap the center caps.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #52
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:

It's a daily driver, the center caps corroded due to driving in winter. The point is returning it to me how it was when it was dropped off. Not damaged in any way due to negligence, if I was concerned about some minor corrosion on the center caps how could I not come unglued about the present condition?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #53
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenKeel View Post
Dude....quit antagonizing the OP with your BS.
Dude...quit replying to 3-day old posts with your BS telling other people how they should post.

I didn’t see “Forum Cop” under your screen name.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #54
Kingpin4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i/2019 M2C

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 03:53 AM   #55
kingmonkey8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

I've had a number of issues and had to deal with the dealers here in the UK.

Made a complaint to BMW UK.

They did diddly squat.

BMW UK are as useless as the dealers.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:14 PM   #56
435MSport6Speed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435i M Sport 6 Speed

This could have been avoided if the tech used a plastic trim removal tool.
Appreciate 1
LMK5147.00
      06-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #57
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Well now they're on the same page and agree it should be resolved, but they're proposing they supply me refinished wheels from a local wrecking yard like what "a body shop would get if your car was in an accident".

Not sure I'm feeling that.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 07:10 PM   #58
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Don't you think the dealership should be held accountable for sloppy work? Keep in mind the op said he's experienced similar issues numerous times with multiple cars serviced at that dealership. It sounds like he let them get away with it on plenty of other occasions.

Why should we be so forgiving with a dealership that sells and services premium cars? Is it unreasonable to expect a little more when you spend a little more?
Sure they should be. But if the OP didn't circle his areas of concern on those pictures, I'd have no fricking clue what he was b*tching about. Just saying....
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 03:22 PM   #59
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sure they should be. But if the OP didn't circle his areas of concern on those pictures, I'd have no fricking clue what he was b*tching about. Just saying....
Pretty much this, aside from the overspray. That I'd notice. The tiny little scratches though? Nope, probably wouldn't have noticed them.

Here's the other thing though too - I don't know about you guys, but I basically only try so hard to keep my car in "near perfect" condition. Sooner or later I get door-dinged in a parking lot, a rock chip from a truck on the freeway, etc. It happens over the years. The cost and hassle to fix each tiny thing is simply not worth it to me. I mean I absolutely agree if the dealer screws something up it's on them to make my car whole again, and not with some cheapo half-assed solution like refinished wheels from a junkyard but with new OEM wheels if that's what they messed up.

I get the principle of it, and if you have the time and want to spend the effort by all means go for it. Just saying that in this case, I wouldn't have bothered for the scratched caps, and only maybe for the wheels just because I've had worse damage to wheels from rock chips and such on the road.
Appreciate 1
Wires1645.50
      06-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #60
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
There's always BMW Customer Service Center who will document the complaint which shows up under the dealers service history record.

1 (800) 831-1117
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #61
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
They called around to several other wheel repair companies locally, all but one said no we're not touching that now.

They wanted to use them, I said nah we're done hiring A B or C company to fix what your tech did, time to order new wheels from BMW and bitch at your tech about what he did. Too many trips and not concern for my time what i'm in no way responsible for the problem.

That's whats happening, we shall see.
      06-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #62
evinw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

I used spokane wa bmw service and they were the worst ever.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 08:06 PM   #63
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

If the overspray is new, it buffs right off with cleaner wax. Not a big deal.

How do I know that? I refinished a fender on my truck, didn't mask the rest of the body, and the clear coat fog covered the rest of the vehicle. PITA to clean off an entire vehicle, but wouldn't warrant 4 brand new wheels in your case....
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 10:49 PM   #64
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
If the overspray is new, it buffs right off with cleaner wax. Not a big deal.

How do I know that? I refinished a fender on my truck, didn't mask the rest of the body, and the clear coat fog covered the rest of the vehicle. PITA to clean off an entire vehicle, but wouldn't warrant 4 brand new wheels in your case....
I mentioned earlier I can get the overspray off, I can also fix the botched repair in my garage with some sanding, base and clear touch up. The point is I'm not going to, I didnt fuck them up.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #65
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

My point is you are making this BIG deal that they owe you 4 new wheels. Sounds like they are giving you the run-around because you are "one of THOSE customers".
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 09:53 PM   #66
Fuller
Major
Rep

Quote:
My point is you are making this BIG deal that they owe you 4 new wheels. Sounds like they are giving you the run-around because you are "one of THOSE customers".
How dare someone expect competent service from the dealer who supposedly has the training and equipment necessary to work on our cars! He's pissed because his car came back from the dealer with damage it didn't have going in. How dare him discourage sloppy workmanship! He should just meekly accept it or spend valuable time trying to fix it himself?
Appreciate 0