F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > So Tesla Model 3 taking reservations 3/31? Takers?
proTUNING Freaks

02-15-2016, 05:24 AM   #67
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Nope, at this point not interested. Besides have you ever heard the exhaust note on a Tesla ? Me either
Exhaust note is quickly forgotten when you put your foot down. My P85D may make little to no noises, but I don't care too much about that when I put it in insane mode, and my neck hurts from the savage acceleration I do miss the nimbleness of a sports car though.

That being said, EV's aren't for everyone. Without a 220v charger, you can't really own one. The cars may advertise 220 ~ 250 miles, but with any amount of spirited driving, that number quickly goes down. I'm fortunate enough not to need to drive more than 100 miles or so in a day, so the Model S is great for my daily activities.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2016, 10:43 AM   #68
atg4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Exhaust note is quickly forgotten when you put your foot down. My P85D may make little to no noises, but I don't care too much about that when I put it in insane mode, and my neck hurts from the savage acceleration I do miss the nimbleness of a sports car though.

That being said, EV's aren't for everyone. Without a 220v charger, you can't really own one. The cars may advertise 220 ~ 250 miles, but with any amount of spirited driving, that number quickly goes down. I'm fortunate enough not to need to drive more than 100 miles or so in a day, so the Model S is great for my daily activities.
Teslas are a good substitution for muscle cars with their straight line speed. Me, I prefer something that can lap the Ring. Gotta lap the Ring to be considered a sports car in my book.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 04:54 AM   #69
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
I've driven cars with quiet exhausts and plenty of torque. Yeah they still give you the feel of the pull but something is missing. Then when you get back to one that has both you realize that piece that was missing.

Getting your tally-wacker wet is getting it wet, but with the right kind of note coming out makes all that much better of an experience.

I saw some program talking about Audi working for years developing an exhaust note for their upcoming electric sports cars. The sound engineer had been working for three years on it. When they played it on the show it still sounded electronic / fake. I would rather have nothing than some nasty electronic sound. But makes me wonder why they didn't just sample a nice Ferrari or Aston exhaust note and use that.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0