F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What would you do in my situation?
Extreme Powerhouse

09-21-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
cwazy1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

What would you do in my situation?

I had a set of 20" m5 replica wheels running on some delinde d7 tires until the back rear wheel cracked. The price of fixing/replacing just was not worth it as the value of the wheels are basically nil.

My question to the community is what would you do in my situation if you wanted to recoup as much money back from the wheels/rims as possible?

I will need to take the wheel/tires apart to get my tpms swapped over, so I can leave the tires off the wheel or I can put the tires back on.

3 of the rims have road rash. I'd say maybe medium rash.
1 of the rims has a huge dent from hitting a pothole and then has a crack along the lip. This one does not hold air well.

The tires all have ~15k miles on them and have plenty of tread left.

What should I do? Should I try to sell the rims and tires separately on craigslist? is that the best place to list this stuff? should I just go to my local used tire shop and sell them the tires?

Any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
MattTheCarNut
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G05

I would throw both the wheels and tires in the garbage; Get a set of proper tires to stick on a new set of wheels.

No idea why people cheap out on tires on a sport-ish car.
      09-21-2016, 04:39 PM   #3
cwazy1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

I am not asking for your opinion on rep wheels. If you don't like them, then don't run them.

Last edited by cwazy1; 09-21-2016 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

From your description, I would say there is little value in the wheels or the tires. I doubt you would get much for them, but, of course, you can try. I cannot value them without seeing them. So, over to you.
      09-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #5
CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazy1 View Post
I had a set of 20" m5 replica wheels running on some delinde d7 tires until the back rear wheel cracked. The price of fixing/replacing just was not worth it as the value of the wheels are basically nil.

My question to the community is what would you do in my situation if you wanted to recoup as much money back from the wheels/rims as possible?

I will need to take the wheel/tires apart to get my tpms swapped over, so I can leave the tires off the wheel or I can put the tires back on.

3 of the rims have road rash. I'd say maybe medium rash.
1 of the rims has a huge dent from hitting a pothole and then has a crack along the lip. This one does not hold air well.

The tires all have ~15k miles on them and have plenty of tread left.

What should I do? Should I try to sell the rims and tires separately on craigslist? is that the best place to list this stuff? should I just go to my local used tire shop and sell them the tires?

Any help is appreciated!
You can try Craigslist but you yourself said the rims value is nil. A partial set (3) of roadrashed knock offs isn't going to be worth my time to bother. The tires have some value left (albeit probably not much given the set is fairly inexpensive.). If it were me, I'd round file the wheels and put the tires up for $100 to buy a couple of tanks of gas........
      09-21-2016, 09:30 PM   #6
MuffinMan910
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 f30 335i xDrive mSport

To be honest I don't think anyone will buy the rims since they're damage and someone would have to put money into them to fix the rim leaking air due to the pothole.

Best shot it selling the tires separately but used tires don't hold a very good value
Appreciate 0