F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > What do Corbyn, Leave and Trump voters have in common?
Extreme Powerhouse

07-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #45
Canary_Yellow
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport + LCI MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlightning View Post
True that lending is based on salary multiples and affordability assessments, and a combination of the two is good. However high multiples means people could borrow more, which push up prices. Affordability assessments aren't exactly hard to fiddle, just cut all memberships and subscriptions 6 months before mortgage application.
I'm pretty sure they're discarded anyway. I think they only focus on items that couldn't be cancelled if you fell into real hardship. E.g. nursery / school fees, car payments, loan payments, etc..

Take your point on mulitples, but if people can afford to pay the mortgage on three different houses without relying on the rental income from any of them, then fair enough, I don't really object. I don't like people being able to borrow on the basis that the rental income covers the cost of repaying the mortgage (self funding, I think the lenders call it). That just encourages people to over leverage themselves.
Appreciate 2
      07-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #46
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Sometimes there has to be pain before there can be gain. Leaving the EU is going to be painful but some obviously think it's better for the longer term; gaining control of borders mean control over population and thus less strain on the NHS, schools, housing etc. Also I think some who voted to leave are already in bad positions, such as lost jobs due to immigrants, so for them things can't get much worse. That's why a lot of the remain voters are the people who are in stable positions, they have a lot to lose, and in effect rocking a steady boat.
This is my point exactly. The majority of experts said that we are not likely to better off in the long term either. But you and many others ignored the majority of experts and sided with the few, because it suited your pissed off at the EU position.

The NHS would be even more fucked without immigration. I was in A and E a few months ago. Full of bloody Poles. They were great though, very patient with the mass of Brit malingerers begging for a hit of diazepam.
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2017, 01:35 AM   #47
BnB
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post
Quote:
Sometimes there has to be pain before there can be gain. Leaving the EU is going to be painful but some obviously think it's better for the longer term; gaining control of borders mean control over population and thus less strain on the NHS, schools, housing etc. Also I think some who voted to leave are already in bad positions, such as lost jobs due to immigrants, so for them things can't get much worse. That's why a lot of the remain voters are the people who are in stable positions, they have a lot to lose, and in effect rocking a steady boat.
This is my point exactly. The majority of experts said that we are not likely to better off in the long term either. But you and many others ignored the majority of experts and sided with the few, because it suited your pissed off at the EU position.

The NHS would be even more fucked without immigration. I was in A and E a few months ago. Full of bloody Poles. They were great though, very patient with the mass of Brit malingerers begging for a hit of diazepam.
If they were "great" why call them "bloody Poles"?
      07-27-2017, 01:36 AM   #48
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnB View Post
It was A&E and they were working?

Appreciate 1
      07-27-2017, 07:14 AM   #49
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnB View Post
Sarcasm.....obviously wasted.
Appreciate 0