F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 3000 miles with my F30, things I didn't like
Extreme Powerhouse

12-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #67
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
I am happy with the sport mode as it is. I don`t need really a customization. I only wish it shifts to 8 earlier at steady speeds (I didn`t know it was shifting at 100mph, i thought it was not using that gear at all.). Thats the only thing.
At least you have gone fast enough in Sport to see it shift into seventh.
Others have claimed Sport does not shift into seven or eight.

For Sport the shift points are higher for all gears than the shift points for Comfort mode, just like all shift points are lower for Eco. Part of the definition of sport mode is higher shift points for all gears to provide greater on tap performance.

The definition of Sport gearing should not change merely because the car has reached what a given driver has decided is his cruising speed. It similarly should not jump into Comfort chassis mode merely because the driver is at his chosen cruise speed.

Of course, it makes little sense to cruise at high RPM. It is the responsibility of the driver to address this if one does not need/want the performance potential of Sport at low speeds; e.g., at 60 MPH.

Thus, the car provides for manual mode if you want all characteristics of Sport and be able to shift into seven and eight at low speeds. One can also program Sport mode to affect the chassis only, providing for Comfort shift points for all gears. Of course, one can also put the car in Comfort mode for cruising as well.
Appreciate 0