F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > haters
Extreme Powerhouse

10-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #45
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
It's not about keeping a secret. It's about the general behavior. I find it rude.

To clarify, if it's a friend or a colleague I don't mind at all. But there are certain people to whom everything seems to be about money. No matter if you buy a new car or boat, redecorate something, go on vacation, the first response is always "Oh, nice. What did it cost?". For those people it really is not about what the thing itself costs, but rather trying to figure out how much you earn or how you could afford it. I have been asked that too. "Did you pay cash or did it go into your mortgage". I mean, seriously?

And for the record, I am sad to say I'm not a kid any more. Nor do I have issues. I don't think the BMW 328 is that special. I bought it as a family car instead of a boring Volvo since I like cars.

I'm just annoyed by people who have to affix a monetary value to both possessions and people.

people ask those questions because they want to write off the fact you got something nicer than them , as "that guy being an irresponsible fool". so they can go, well i am smart i didnt buy a BMW but im paying off my mortgage / kids whatever (also luxuries i might point out, no one needs a nicer house or kids).

that said, i usually just say somethign like. yeah it was not the best way to spend money , but other people take a lot of vacations have obligations they committed to, and i don't commit to things like mortgages / etc. well that and "i work my ass off and make good money, sucks to be you". most people know at least to me to not bug me about it or i'll tear them a new one.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #46
godfather87
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335ix

it happened what i was afraid off...my tire somehow randomly got slashed at the work parking lot 2day (big surprise the first day i take my car to work) ...called bunch of dealers and i got a quote of $600 out the door for a new tire...i live in canada btw..but this is so bs....exactly why i shouldn't drive this car to work...I can't even drive this car anymore till i can get it towed to the dealer. all my excitement is out the the door at the moment....i had this car for 2 days!!!!!

anyways...i won't be replying on this thread now..its only going to piss me off if i read it more....plus side is, i get a new tire and get the auto start function disabled..ill have the loaner for a day or two...hopefuly i get a 328 and not a 1 series..lol..

Don't get me wrong, i know this isn't a lambo or anything but i work hard for my money, i work 6 days a week for a reason and this REALLy sucks...i will have to get a beater for work just to stay on the safe side...this blow...arghhh my anger...wuuuzaaaaaaaaaaa
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #47
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

That sucks about the tire. I'd speak with somebody in upper management if I were you. They can perhaps send around a notice around informing people they have zero tolerance for that sort of stuff and that the parking lot will be monitored closely in the future. They can even install those security cameras in the parking lot (dummy ones work too).

You shouldn't be afraid of your co-workers. That's not an environment your upper management should allow happen.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #48
nikneo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
That sucks about the tire. I'd speak with somebody in upper management if I were you. They can perhaps send around a notice around informing people they have zero tolerance for that sort of stuff and that the parking lot will be monitored closely in the future. They can even install those security cameras in the parking lot (dummy ones work too).

You shouldn't be afraid of your co-workers. That's not an environment your upper management should allow happen.
That's jumping to the conclusion that it was the handiwork one of his co-workers. Maybe it was just one of the upstanding citizens of the neighborhood - not exactly one of the safest neighborhoods in the KWC area. But yes cameras would still help the situation...
Appreciate 0