F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Lines as we know them have a limited life
ARMA SPEED

06-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Lines as we know them have a limited life

Some lines, such as those at the DMV, seem to endure forever. No so, according to a BMWUSA representative with whom I spoke this morning. Though he didn't give me full details, he did say that the color combination constraints (e.g. sport suspension isn't available with a saddle brown interior) will be eliminated at some point He didn't say whether that change would come with the LCI or next year.

I asked if the sport line would transition to a cosmetic thing just as the modern and luxury lines are, or whether sport suspension would remain part of the sport line, but also offered as a stand alone option. He didn't know how the change would be implemented, or if he did, he wouldn't say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

If this is the case then it just means the US market is being aligned with EU markets, & it is not the end of the "Lines".
In EU u can get sport suspension or adaptive suspension with saddle brown in a Luxury Line, likewise paddle shifters & sport seats. In EU Sport Line is a cosmetic thing since day 1 as it rides on standard suspension.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence
If this is the case then it just means the US market is being aligned with EU markets, & it is not the end of the "Lines".
In EU u can get sport suspension or adaptive suspension with saddle brown in a Luxury Line, likewise paddle shifters & sport seats. In EU Sport Line is a cosmetic thing since day 1 as it rides on standard suspension.
Same for sport steering and sport auto transmission?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Yes, the only difference between the lines for us is the cosmetic part of them.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Adding to the above, most options are available across the lines in the UK, even wheels up to mixed 19", (style 401) can be fitted to a humble 316d.

It would appear BMW US has launched on a very limited range of model/package options across the lines.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes, everything is available & u can cross mix anything u like apart from some of the rims, interior trim & colour combinations as well as the bumper inserts.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
You can get that already in other lines. I have sport steering in my luxury line (which also gave me Sport+)

I agree with clarence, btw, it doesn't seem like the end of lines (I doubt that will come to an end, really) but merely a merger with the European market in what you can get. I think it would be better called 'end of packages'.

I wonder if people will also have to pay more money for their cars once this is possible, it wouldn't surprise me so don't be too happy about it just yet..

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
I wonder if people will also have to pay more money for their cars once this is possible, it wouldn't surprise me so don't be too happy about it just yet..
Some ppl may pay less, but BMW will at the same time make more profit.
Appreciate 0