F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > CF spoiler on Mineral Grey SportLine?
ARMA SPEED

03-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport MG/Blk

CF spoiler on Mineral Grey SportLine?

Waiting on delivery of a Mineral Grey 335i SportLine and considering putting a rear spoiler on it. Can't decide on CF or color matching with MG. Anyone have a CF spoiler on MG, and how does it look? Opinions...?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Found this in another thread...CF will never look bad on a 3er

04-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEE View Post
Waiting on delivery of a Mineral Grey 335i SportLine and considering putting a rear spoiler on it. Can't decide on CF or color matching with MG. Anyone have a CF spoiler on MG, and how does it look? Opinions...?
Did you do it? I'm adding a CF spoiler to my AW 335i when the car comes. Already got the spoiler!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
Did you do it? I'm adding a CF spoiler to my AW 335i when the car comes. Already got the spoiler!
Not yet, I'm deployed right now and won't be home for another month. My car is currently on a ship headed that way. I have seen a few pics here though and it looks great. I'm definitely going to install the CF though, IMO it adds a bit to the "sport" image without being too over the top.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
RJH
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive

Quote:
Not yet, I'm deployed right now and won't be home for another month. My car is currently on a ship headed that way. I have seen a few pics here though and it looks great. I'm definitely going to install the CF though, IMO it adds a bit to the "sport" image without being too over the top.
Strongly recommend AGAINST buying from BMW (or any accessories). There are lots of alternatives on e-bay and other sources that cost a fraction of price that have as good or better quality. I made the mistake of ordering CF spoiler with car and then waiting almost a month after car delivery, for it to arrive. Total waste of money (IMHO) and when the dealer wanted to charge an hour labour for install - I told him to stick the spoiler where the sun don't shine. They relented and it took less then 5 min to install.
To you're original question; no, I think CF fits best with black, but that matching the grey body colour would be very classy and less like a stick-on bit.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH View Post
Strongly recommend AGAINST buying from BMW (or any accessories). There are lots of alternatives on e-bay and other sources that cost a fraction of price that have as good or better quality. I made the mistake of ordering CF spoiler with car and then waiting almost a month after car delivery, for it to arrive. Total waste of money (IMHO) and when the dealer wanted to charge an hour labour for install - I told him to stick the spoiler where the sun don't shine. They relented and it took less then 5 min to install.
To you're original question; no, I think CF fits best with black, but that matching the grey body colour would be very classy and less like a stick-on bit.
I did end up ordering one on eBay just a while ago. I figure I'll temp install and see how the CF looks. If I don't like the look I'll paint it MG to match. I also ordered some chrystal smoke front reflectors to get rid of the orange. That will probably be the extent of my modding. What can I say, I'm a conservative old fart, lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
RJH
Private
Rep

Quote:
I did end up ordering one on eBay just a while ago. I figure I'll temp install and see how the CF looks. If I don't like the look I'll paint it MG to match. I also ordered some chrystal smoke front reflectors to get rid of the orange. That will probably be the extent of my modding. What can I say, I'm a conservative old fart, lol.
would suggest body colour reflectors. Another member with MG did his and it looks great.
But like you I went for good taste Just removed the chrome plastic sport and xdrive badges, and replaced grill and rear model 335/328 lettering with matte black.. Also picked up a set of CF mirror caps to match spoiler (but at 130 not 1000+ for pair from BMW). Even wife noticed improvement, but then she likes me in tux more than jeans.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
Rep

Quote:
would suggest body colour reflectors. Another member with MG did his and it looks great.
But like you I went for good taste Just removed the chrome plastic sport and xdrive badges, and replaced grill and rear model 335/328 lettering with matte black.. Also picked up a set of CF mirror caps to match spoiler (but at 130 not 1000+ for pair from BMW). Even wife noticed improvement, but then she likes me in tux more than jeans.
The reflectors I got are a dark grey and I'm going to do the same with them as the CF spoiler...if it doesn't look right I'll paint them. That's what I like about MG and CF, there's only a subtle difference, so it's not a huge bold contrast. Where did you get the CF mirror caps, and did you install them yourself? If so, how was the install? CF mirror caps and a matte grill may be next in line, depending on whether the wife likes the first changes and approves more, lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
RJH
Private
Rep

Ordered through bimmerian.com (sp?)...only had very good experience with them.
Grill and mirror caps were easy install (instructions on website)and virtually no difference between BMW units. Parked side by , mirror caps were as good as OEM. And since only eye candy, it would be foolish to pay over a grand more! IMHO
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ordered through bimmerian.com (sp?)...only had very good experience with them.
Grill and mirror caps were easy install (instructions on website)and virtually no difference between BMW units. Parked side by , mirror caps were as good as OEM. And since only eye candy, it would be foolish to pay over a grand more! IMHO
I agree, and I don't mind trying the cheaper stuff out, and if I don't like it, I'll remove it. Hard to scrap something you paid top dollar for and decided you didn't like.
Appreciate 0