F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Can anyone help me find why my car is at the VPC for so long? Vehicle Inquiry Report.
ARMA SPEED

12-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #23
themoveforward
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 328xi MG mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Awesome, congrats. Mine is supposed to finish production. How long did yours take from end of production till now? I'm hoping for no more than 4 weeks, which seems realistic. Anything sooner, I'll take as a bonus.
I have no idea why it was held up and the dealership still never told me why. I heard news of a port strike in NJ/NY on CNN today, so hopefully that doesn't screw with anybody else's deliveries.

10/23 Entered Production
10/27 Entered Body Shop
10/28 Entered Paint Shop
10/29 Entered Final Assembly
10/30 Final Assembly Complete
11/03 Vehicle arrived at Bremerhaven
11/14 Vehicle loaded onto shipping vessel
11/29 Vehicle arrived at Port Jersey
12/03 Customs/Liner Release
12/14 Cleared VPC and Delivered to Dealership
12/18 Ready for Pickup

So realistically it could have been only 4 weeks if it had been sent to the dealer when it cleared customs, but 6 weeks after the holdup. I have an M Performance Black Grille, M Performance Pedals, BMS Stage 1 Tune, and ER Catless Downpipe to install, so technically won't be fully complete until Thursday (or whenever I get around to installing them)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #24
tgF90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 Donington

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
The ship it arrived on was PORGY on 11/29. It had a customs/liner release on 12/3. From reading the boards, other people on the same ship have gotten theirs last week. Maybe I'm just anxious, but 2 weeks seems like more than enough time to get a Priority 1 car through.[/QUOTE]

My car was on the Porgy as well and I am still waiting for it. I am getting port installed performance exhaust and power packages, though. That is probably the hold up. Hopefully some time next week.
2015 M3/Azurite Black
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #25
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoveforward View Post
I have no idea why it was held up and the dealership still never told me why. I heard news of a port strike in NJ/NY on CNN today, so hopefully that doesn't screw with anybody else's deliveries.
strike hasnt happened yet.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
The nation's economy could take another multi-billion dollar hit if the International Longshoremen's Association goes on strike at the end of this month at the nation's major East Coast and Gulf Coast ports.
The contract between the ILA and the U.S. Maritime Alliance, which negotiates on behalf of management of the ports, terminals and shipping lines, is due to expire at 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 30. It covers the 14 major ports stretching from Boston to Houston.

i would press the dealer to find out what exactly held up your order. the only thing that usually holds up an order aside from software updates or port installed accessories, is shipping damage.
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #26
themoveforward
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 328xi MG mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
strike hasnt happened yet.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
The nation's economy could take another multi-billion dollar hit if the International Longshoremen's Association goes on strike at the end of this month at the nation's major East Coast and Gulf Coast ports.
The contract between the ILA and the U.S. Maritime Alliance, which negotiates on behalf of management of the ports, terminals and shipping lines, is due to expire at 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 30. It covers the 14 major ports stretching from Boston to Houston.

i would press the dealer to find out what exactly held up your order. the only thing that usually holds up an order aside from software updates or port installed accessories, is shipping damage.
Honestly, my CA and his manager have been kind of dicks through the entire time it was sitting at the port. I would call about once or twice every week to see if there was any update on the status and they told me to stop calling because "calling all the time won't get it here any faster". Because "all the time" apparently means two phone calls a week. I won't be going back there any time soon, I just got a good price on the car (about 1500 below invoice). They told me there was no damage to the car and that it was just being held up at the port.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Mine finished production today and is "in transit to port of exit," so they better keep working at least a few more weeks!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Honestly, my CA and his manager have been kind of dicks through the entire time it was sitting at the port. I would call about once or twice every week to see if there was any update on the status and they told me to stop calling because "calling all the time won't get it here any faster". Because "all the time" apparently means two phone calls a week. I won't be going back there any time soon, I just got a good price on the car (about 1500 below invoice). They told me there was no damage to the car and that it was just being held up at the port.
Go to the dealer and ask CA to log into the DCSnet system and pull up your order. If he has a computer at his desk, he has access to the DCSnet system. On this screen everything will be noted including if there was a VPC delay due to problems. If the repairs were very minor, like a door ding or small scratch found, those may not be noted in DCSnet. However, if more involved repairs were made it will be noted.

Also keep in mind that sometimes cars leave the factory with minor parts missing if they were damaged during production/inspection or factory had shortage. Car ships anyway and part is air freighted to VPC for install.

Any BMW dealer can look this up for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 02:48 PM   #29
PETERYanni
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i w/ M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQ335XF30
Quote:
I was wondering if anybody here would be able to run a vehicle inquiry report and tell me why my car has been held up for so long. My dealer is useless and hasn't given me a firm date. I want to know if there was damage during shipping and when the car is supposed to be released from the carrier.
Call this number BMW VPC Port Jersey 1-800-932-0831 and give them your production #.

They will tell you exactly where your car is.
What is the # fort the VPC @ Heneme, CA?
Appreciate 0