F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Starting Issue
ARMA SPEED

04-22-2024, 01:00 PM   #1
Alek Melkonian
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f30 and f15

Garage List
Starting Issue

Recently developed a starting issue with my 170,000 BMW F30. Sometimes, the car starts right up, other times, it cranks over slowly. Also sometimes, if I am stopped at a light, the auto start/stop kicks in, and when I push the clutch down, the car doesn't start, only click sounds. However, if I press the start button, it will start eventually. Seems to me like a starter issue, however I am not getting a warning for it. Information:
  • Battery is only about a year or so old and registered by myself
  • I do not get a battery low warning or anything of the sort, leading me to believe the alternator is okay
Does anyone have experience with this issue? I am tempted to replace the starter, but I don't want to dig into the car just yet if I can check other easy things.
Appreciate 0