F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > So Should Driving Through a Little Water Completely Immobilize Your Car?
GetBMWParts

01-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #111
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDiezl350 View Post
Hope this wasn't you man (taken in SD earlier this week)

Wait, isn't SD water different than CA water? Thought so.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #112
casualDIYer
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Six View Post
Based on the OP's tone and attitude on here towards people who called him out on his claim, I wonder what he would be like if asked to court and was called out by BMW's lawyers lol.

P.S. - Roll Tide!!!
Let me know the trial date. I really want to see this. "So sir, you say you drove through a few feet of water. And you used . . . an ESTIMATION to measure the depth of the water, you say?"

Jacques Couteau! You crazy Frenchman! All you needed was a good guess to measure the ocean depths.

Sorry OP, I couldn't resist. It is crappy about your car. I hope insurance helps you out.
Appreciate 2
      01-09-2016, 08:26 PM   #113
Straight Six
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 335xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by menncars View Post
Let me know the trial date. I really want to see this. "So sir, you say you drove through a few feet of water. And you used . . . an ESTIMATION to measure the depth of the water, you say?"

Jacques Couteau! You crazy Frenchman! All you needed was a good guess to measure the ocean depths.

Sorry OP, I couldn't resist. It is crappy about your car. I hope insurance helps you out.
Ok this gave me a good laugh!

I would love to be in that court room, though I doubt the OP will give us a heads up on that.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #114
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch
Lets lock this thread and move on
Agreed. Lock it like the OP's car in "3 inches" of water.
Attached Images

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 08:51 PM   #115
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
You're not the one who drove into a car immobilizing puddle.

oh shit
      01-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #116
PK2348
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro View Post
There were no SUV's in front of me. a Porsche Carrera was in fron of me and went through it with no problem. There was no wake, I was turing right from the middle lane of a three lane street.
If you were turning it is possible you drove into waves your car created
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2016, 07:44 AM   #117
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
I wasn't blocking anything. I was completely out of the water when the car died. Hundreds of cars went to the right of my car through a deeper part of the water than I did.

Tell me why ONE other car out of a hundred didn't stall. So this is what is going to happen. My buddy is one of the biggest class action lawyers in the country. I'm at the airport going to Costa Rica right now & when I get back I'll show all of this to him & see what he thinks.
Perfect. Don't own up to your mistakes and be accountable for your own actions. Call a lawyer. #Murica

Also, I suggest that in addition to abandoning BMW, you should reconsider your decision to post your follies on the Internet in the future. You don't seem to have the gumption to accept opinions that are counter to yours which is, of course, a mandatory trait. Best of luck with your new Lexus.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2016, 08:46 AM   #118
woggledog
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 320D Sport

Came here to see irrational arguments. Not disappointed :-)
Appreciate 2
      01-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #119
ft1330
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
Right, there you go. Call the guy on the thread with a PhD in Economics who establishes investment ratings for a number of Fortune 100 and other companies an inbred moron... I like it, it's subtle.
I know a guy just like you that does the same thing. He's a moron indeed, not inbred though (that I know of)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #120
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
Right, there you go. Call the guy on the thread with a PhD in Economics who establishes investment ratings for a number of Fortune 100 and other companies an inbred moron... I like it, it's subtle.
I know a guy just like you that does the same thing. He's a moron indeed, not inbred though (that I know of)
Marrying ones sister is a prerequisite for what I do. The guy you know just works in the mailroom.

My mom and dad are 1st cousins twice removed....

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #121
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

I just want to point out that SITTING in 3 inches of water is vastly different than DRIVING through 3 inches of water, or 5 or 6 or whatever the hell it was, it was high enough that when you were driving through it, you were forcing the water up higher against your car as you drove through it. Since you were accelerating, you were sucking water into the engine. It doesn't take a gallon of water to ruin it, it just takes enough.
      01-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #122
casualDIYer
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Perfect. Don't own up to your mistakes and be accountable for your own actions. Call a lawyer. #Murica

Also, I suggest that in addition to abandoning BMW, you should reconsider your decision to post your follies on the Internet in the future. You don't seem to have the gumption to accept opinions that are counter to yours which is, of course, a mandatory trait. Best of luck with your new Lexus.
A Lexus? Hold on. I went with a friend when he was going to buy a Lexus. About to sign the deal when the dealer notices my friend's age on his diver's licence is 64.5. Dealer cancels the deal right away. Can't have one of those damn hot head young wipper snappers driving around in a Lexus. We might go over 60 on the highway. Then what? I pleaded with the dealer to give my friend a chance. I told the guy we just came from a Perkins where we ordered the Apple Sauce and Pablum combo. Dealer asked 'What flavour pablum?'. 'Cappuccino' I responded. We got kicked out right away.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #123
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
A Lexus? Hold on. I went with a friend when he was going to buy a Lexus. About to sign the deal when the dealer notices my friend's age on his diver's licence is 64.5. Dealer cancels the deal right away. Can't have one of those damn hot head young wipper snappers driving around in a Lexus. We might go over 60 on the highway. Then what? I pleaded with the dealer to give my friend a chance. I told the guy we just came from a Perkins where we ordered the Apple Sauce and Pablum combo. Dealer asked 'What flavour pablum?'. 'Cappuccino' I responded. We got kicked out right away.
Did the salesman scream to get off his damn lawn?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #124
zinner
Major
Rep
Drives: `17 X5 35d/`15 335i/`18 M550IX

Quote:
Well paying a lawyer to make it not your fault is being accountable, lawyers aren't free.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #125
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Well paying a lawyer to make it not your fault is being accountable, lawyers aren't free.
Uh, no. No, that's not being accountable. That's the opposite of being accountable.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #126
zinner
Major
Rep
Drives: `17 X5 35d/`15 335i/`18 M550IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Uh, no. No, that's not being accountable. That's the opposite of being accountable.
:
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 08:47 PM   #127
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:

Lexus, nice try.........ordering a new Yellow Cayman GTS. Yes, I am abandoning BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 09:00 PM   #128
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
Sorry buddy not gonna win or even start a class action. Those are empty threats against a monstrous conglomerate. It really sucks you're in this position but it's not BMWs fault. Trust me. I drive through water deeper than you've stated regularly it's never once been an issue for me. There's nothing inherently wrong with BMWs intake design. Is it the best? No. Is it well designed and effective. Most certainly. There's hundreds of thousands of BMWs out there weathering much worse puddles and floods than you myself included and we have not had an issue.
You are a fringe case. They suck. I've been stuck in my own "fringe case" with a dealer. Over a simple warranty issue. I got screwed on a routine free maintenance that my dealer rejected due to pure malice by the greedy SA Steve Olsen and his GM Patrick Womack. I went around got support from this whole forum and spent weeks of working with BMW NA directly. In the end BMW, the dealer, and the dealers parent company determined there's no reason to do anything for me. Even though I handed them pages of proven data collected from a handful of dealers across the country.
I can't sue BMW even though I already have gathered overwhelming evidence of fraud, there's no way in hell you can sue BMW for your unfortunate situation, which is most certainly a "fringe case"
Ins will total car. Get a new one if you're over BMWs that's your choice but your reasoning is fundamentally flawed and you will never be satisfied with a production car given your clearly stated attitude.
I just gave the information to my lawyer buddy and he can do with it what he wants. He says he's going to look at it. I'm out of it altogether. Some people here no doubt thought Volkswagen was an honest company too.

So what, I'm out $1,000 and my insurance company sent a $26,000 check to a local dealer to replace the engine. What happens after this I could care less other just letting people know my story and mine isn't the only one nor will it be the last.

As a result of all of this all of your insurance rates will go higher. all these costs just get passed on to everybody else. It is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 09:45 PM   #129
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
Sorry buddy not gonna win or even start a class action. Those are empty threats against a monstrous conglomerate. It really sucks you're in this position but it's not BMWs fault. Trust me. I drive through water deeper than you've stated regularly it's never once been an issue for me. There's nothing inherently wrong with BMWs intake design. Is it the best? No. Is it well designed and effective. Most certainly. There's hundreds of thousands of BMWs out there weathering much worse puddles and floods than you myself included and we have not had an issue.
You are a fringe case. They suck. I've been stuck in my own "fringe case" with a dealer. Over a simple warranty issue. I got screwed on a routine free maintenance that my dealer rejected due to pure malice by the greedy SA Steve Olsen and his GM Patrick Womack. I went around got support from this whole forum and spent weeks of working with BMW NA directly. In the end BMW, the dealer, and the dealers parent company determined there's no reason to do anything for me. Even though I handed them pages of proven data collected from a handful of dealers across the country.
I can't sue BMW even though I already have gathered overwhelming evidence of fraud, there's no way in hell you can sue BMW for your unfortunate situation, which is most certainly a "fringe case"
Ins will total car. Get a new one if you're over BMWs that's your choice but your reasoning is fundamentally flawed and you will never be satisfied with a production car given your clearly stated attitude.
I just gave the information to my lawyer buddy and he can do with it what he wants. He says he's going to look at it. I'm out of it altogether. Some people here no doubt thought Volkswagen was an honest company too.

So what, I'm out $1,000 and my insurance company sent a $26,000 check to a local dealer to replace the engine. What happens after this I could care less other just letting people know my story and mine isn't the only one nor will it be the last.

As a result of all of this all of your insurance rates will go higher. all these costs just get passed on to everybody else. It is what it is.
It's not BMW and it's not VAG. It's all automakers. Nobody makes a perfect car. They never will. You got screwed on a fluke. Happens to me all the time. Just check my posting history. It sucks but running from BMW to Porsche is not gonna solve your problems with fringe issues it's just going highly reduce the likelihood of this same situation occurring to your Cayman since it's an entirely different vehicle type mid engine RWD which by design draws air from the top of the engine not from the front of the grille.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #130
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Quote:

On behalf of everyone, you're welcome.