F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > ASIA > HK F30 Driver
Studio RSR

01-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #375
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhk View Post
So jealous about your options... Your car must cost nearly $700k
Should be over that amt.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #376
ken lai
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i Msport AW

Yes. As it's the 1st new car i bought, I better add all the stuff i want and keep it for longer time to justify the price premium. The most ridiciously expensive option is the Pro Nav.

Almost fully loaded. And i'm adding some M-perf parts from time to time to keep it fresh...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #377
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken lai View Post

Almost fully loaded.
Haha, I know wht u don't have, but it's still one of the most loaded F30s in HK.
If u plan to keep the car for a long time u may as well load up the stuff u want & not regretting later.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #378
Benzbrake
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Haha, I know wht u don't have, but it's still one of the most loaded F30s in HK.
If u plan to keep the car for a long time u may as well load up the stuff u want & not regretting later.
I think so, great car!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #379
REDXREDMSPORT
Rep
Drives: F30m sport MR

Quote:
haha I am wondering what Ken don't have here??
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #380
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXREDMSPORT View Post
haha I am wondering what Ken don't have here??
Ask him.....at one or two options aren't there as u cannot see them.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #381
ken lai
Private
Rep

I don't have those advanced safety and heated options. Like blind spot detection, cruise control, etc.

Also, adaptive turning headlights is too expensive (>$20,000) too.
I ask the sales if sunblind can be added but he said it's not legal to opt. in HK.

Basically, the sales don't bother to introduce any options to you. I need to study the catalog myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #382
vincent813
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i (White), Jag XF, E39

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
wow your car is not even run in yet! the setup sounds promising ! might give it a try! did u order online or bought from a local dealer?
Hey oedipol ,

why are you selling him ?

http://28car.com/sell_dsp.php?h_vid=...e=22&h_srh=328
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #383
oedipol
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent813 View Post
Hey oedipol ,

why are you selling him ?

http://28car.com/sell_dsp.php?h_vid=...e=22&h_srh=328
I have too many cars and I have another 1 waiting for me to pick up so I need to sell it! anyone wants it? the original purchase price was 530k, and it's selling for 458k!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #384
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I ask the sales if sunblind can be added but he said it's not legal to opt. in HK.
Wht sunblinds? The side windows or rear screen? Both are available in HK ($3.5k+tax & $5k+tax respectively).
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #385
ken lai
Private
Rep

Really? mislead my sales once again...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #386
REDXREDMSPORT
Rep
Drives: F30m sport MR

[QUOTE=ken lai;13285159]Really? mislead my sales once again...[

Yes dunno why hey don't bother to selling more option as most car need to order anyway. My sales didn't has a clear idea of what extended cluster is at that time too. BTW is head up display avaliable as a stand along option ?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #387
ken lai
Private
Rep

i'm not sure... becos i ordered Pro Nav anyway. Maybe it's necessary with extended cluster.

I opt for Pro Nav and extended cluster will be included in the price. And i can pay $12K+tax for HUD.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #388
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXREDMSPORT View Post
Yes dunno why hey don't bother to selling more option as most car need to order anyway. My sales didn't has a clear idea of what extended cluster is at that time too. BTW is head up display avaliable as a stand along option ?
Part of the reason is some ppl order from allocation (i.e. cars already fixed in spec but not yet build or cars in transit) & hence no point in introducing any options. Also, according to my sales, the commission they earn is based on the retail price of standard spec car, so for them there's no incentive to perform any additional work re options.
610 alone costs $13.9k+tax, which includes 6WA. When I signed the final contract before collecting the car they charged me $2.1k+tax for 6WA. The entry was deleted only after I told them abt the error. Who knows wht'll happen if someone didn't know abt it & just signed on the dotted line......

Last edited by clarence; 01-10-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #389
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Really? mislead my sales once again...
I think u did in this case, cos Luxury Line & Modern Line, which are available to special order, have the blinds as standard. It's only privacy glass which is not available as it's too dark for HK type approval.
Each sales should have a full list of options available for HK-spec with all the prices. I requested the sales who handled my order to send me excel file of the prices, which she duly did.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #390
Tigermow
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i mSport/ POR 993

Agreed that most cars from HK dealer are "Stock" HK option. They really do not want to sell you anything else. Just look at the offer sheet for the vehicles, the options list is just 4-5 items but if you asked for it, you can actually can a load more spec on the car. The HK dealer really do not want that extra effort to sell you those options, not worth it in their eyes. Anyway, always good to ask for options list otherwise you may regret it when you learn later that a particular option is actually available (which I nearly did, lucky I found out in time and have the order rectify).
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #391
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigermow View Post
Agreed that most cars from HK dealer are "Stock" HK option. They really do not want to sell you anything else. Just look at the offer sheet for the vehicles, the options list is just 4-5 items but if you asked for it, you can actually can a load more spec on the car. The HK dealer really do not want that extra effort to sell you those options, not worth it in their eyes. Anyway, always good to ask for options list otherwise you may regret it when you learn later that a particular option is actually available (which I nearly did, lucky I found out in time and have the order rectify).
Which option did u nearly not order?
Actually Audi & MB are the exact opposite. MB lists prices of most of the options available on ZF's website (& also on their price lists). Audi gives out a separate list with all the prices.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #392
ken lai
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think u did in this case, cos Luxury Line & Modern Line, which are available to special order, have the blinds as standard. It's only privacy glass which is not available as it's too dark for HK type approval.
Each sales should have a full list of options available for HK-spec with all the prices. I requested the sales who handled my order to send me excel file of the prices, which she duly did.

I ask the sales lady in Wanchai and quote the M-sport price in late Jun. She simply ignore me and let me wait for 1 week. When I ask another sales in TKW, he can give me the price immediately. I don't know why that happened. Maybe she don't care about the sales or just want to sell expensive M car? (Her name card have the "M" logo...)

I really want to rear sunblind. I always parked outdoor for work...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #393
ken lai
Private
Rep

Quote:
Which option did u nearly not order?
Actually Audi & MB are the exact opposite. MB lists prices of most of the options available on ZF's website (& also on their price lists). Audi gives out a separate list with all the prices.
Agreed. MB have a more completed option list at the back for every car's quote.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #394
Tigermow
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

Just the extended cluster, the others I pretty much know and decided. The test car and show car at the time both have the extended cluster and I asked specifically at the time whether it is option, but the sales have no clue and just the car will be sold as is. Also the option list in the offer sheet has nothing. In the end I got what I wanted and it was ok as I do not want to drive the car with pretty much the same dashboard as previous generations of 3ers. It is tragic that sales have no clue about their own cars and the dealer is irresponsible in getting sales informed and provide the necessary info. Even worse is that their rival brands have such info handy.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #395
Tigermow
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

Also, can anyone here tell me the difference between a US spec and Euro spec m performance exhaust? They have different part nos. Thinking of installing it but need to know whether there is any difference between the 2.

Btw, I am also asking the same Q on the N20 thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #396
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I ask the sales lady in Wanchai and quote the M-sport price in late Jun. She simply ignore me and let me wait for 1 week. When I ask another sales in TKW, he can give me the price immediately. I don't know why that happened. Maybe she don't care about the sales or just want to sell expensive M car? (Her name card have the "M" logo...)
After hearing ur stories it seems my sales is one of the better ones, unfortunately she resigned before I took delivery.
The price of the M-sport package was known by the sales since late April, it was then a option package price as it wasn't offered as a separate model. In middle of June it was offered as a separate model so the price should be known by all sales w/o the need to refer to someone more senior.
The M-logo on the card simply said the sales is based in Tsuen Wan, but they rotate to different showrooms during different days of the week.
Appreciate 0