F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Broad Speed 330DMPvs330DMP X Drive
proTUNING Freaks

02-15-2013, 05:00 AM   #23
JRINNS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 Cab and Jag XJ

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Getting nearer to target i think i will be shy of the 15% though i think i was forgetting the touring only came out sept but i want a car to enjoy in the spring and summer
I'm just waiting on BS coming back to me for my car price. Think im going to wait for the very end of March until I place my order, dont know if i will get a little sweetener. Im not too fussed on when it gets delivered, just didnt want one this FY.
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #24
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav12 View Post
What auc site exactly? I wonder how many are also 335i's..... I'm currently looking at a slightly used ex-demo car (almost fully spec'd), color and trim not my first choice but it works. it seems to be similar to an early batch of 335i's made, a couple of which are still for sale in the dealer approved used network... I was considering waiting but I think my criteria (6 cyl petrol) may limit my choices down the road... What are the chances many 335i's come up in the demo cars and I get the look on top.... Tempted to pull the trigger now....
this one
http://www.approved.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/...tailed_search/
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #25
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Are you local and are you going for X Drive two sales might push the figures up I planned on 15% lol I think I would have to wait till Christmas
im in Perthshire,i had a f31 330d touring buts its been returned due to an issue and I have been credited back by the dealer who I cant fault, they were unable to find a like for like so im back looking again.i did consider the x drive but for the 2 days of the year when it could be used im better to stay at home and throw another log on the fire.
the 2wd version is everything I would ever need,the 4wd mpg,extra weight and handling is not a penalty I would pay extra for.
just waiting on these overspeced demos to hit 6months then make an offer
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #26
Mav12
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 335i / '01 S54 Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1swk View Post
Ah thanks... Approv used car! I thought auc meant auction
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #27
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
im in Perthshire,i had a f31 330d touring buts its been returned due to an issue and I have been credited back by the dealer who I cant fault, they were unable to find a like for like so im back looking again.i did consider the x drive but for the 2 days of the year when it could be used im better to stay at home and throw another log on the fire.
the 2wd version is everything I would ever need,the 4wd mpg,extra weight and handling is not a penalty I would pay extra for.
just waiting on these overspeced demos to hit 6months then make an offer
hat's not so good was it something wrong with the buildof the car?, i feel the dealers are being silly with the demo's i tried to get 3 down but would not budge. I have decided to go with RWD after getting head clear today , you make a good point re a couple of days a year, i think it was just as it was a new gadget.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #28
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
hat's not so good was it something wrong with the buildof the car?, i feel the dealers are being silly with the demo's i tried to get 3 down but would not budge. I have decided to go with RWD after getting head clear today , you make a good point re a couple of days a year, i think it was just as it was a new gadget.
paintwork was the issue, someone not very good at it too.i will maybe have a look at some of the demo cars up here and if they aren't priced right they can keep themthen make an offer in a few months time
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #29
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
paintwork was the issue, someone not very good at it too.i will maybe have a look at some of the demo cars up here and if they aren't priced right they can keep themthen make an offer in a few months time
I here some of the early cars had paint issues and the painting quality has decreased further I will be inspecting mine well
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #30
Mav12
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 335i / '01 S54 Mcoupe

Quote:
Sorry missed your reply previously... That link is now gone but must have been one I was looking at, there were a couple... I ultimately am going with one from a private seller.. But almost identical spec to the one you saw. Black on oyster
, dark oyster dashboard and steering wheel (I would prefer black), almost all the toys (adaptive m suspension, parking assist, etc) but no sunroof... Basically a launch car designed to show the new tech... And the ugly textured trim

To answer the OP's original question: if I was buying a car to use for x yrs before replacing ...as a family car for ex, I think value for money and avoiding the initial depreciation is important... A loaded ex demo under warranty makes sense when you are talking 20%-40% off list price... If I was ordering a "special" car for myself to keep indefinitely, assuming its a currently produced model, I would want to spec it and own from new ( I don't trust people to take care of it like I do).
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #31
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep

ive just found one to replace the first one,not advertised anywhere as its dealer demo stock,very low miles,all the toys and its around 20% off the listwife and dog now both happy.i will also say that ive looked at some demo cars which I can only describe as sheds,shocking for a supposedly premium brand
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #32
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
ive just found one to replace the first one,not advertised anywhere as its dealer demo stock,very low miles,all the toys and its around 20% off the listwife and dog now both happy.i will also say that ive looked at some demo cars which I can only describe as sheds,shocking for a supposedly premium brand
Great news , that's what i was worried about on Demo's traviling long way to find alloy dings and marks and scratches as very fussy , but at last got so close to my target i have agreed a deal on phone and very excitted already, can't wait for end April , well i hope it is then, never mind will get some fixed price motoring from know the delivery
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
JRINNS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
how did you find out about it? just calling around,I would guess a few will be coming on the market when they registered demo's in the autumn. Do they have to keep them for 3 or 6 months?
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #34
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRINNS View Post
how did you find out about it? just calling around,I would guess a few will be coming on the market when they registered demo's in the autumn. Do they have to keep them for 3 or 6 months?
3 months min and the dealer has extra margin between 15 & 20% I believe , jut call some of the dealer websites like Coopers Sytner , Williams etc and sometime they put POA if demo and call them for all branch info as they tend to only tell you about there branch
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #35
JRINNS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
3 months min and the dealer has extra margin between 15 & 20% I believe , jut call some of the dealer websites like Coopers Sytner , Williams etc and sometime they put POA if demo and call them for all branch info as they tend to only tell you about there branch
Ive seen a few poa and moa , much room in the prices they state? As nearly new prices are almost the same as new

The extra margin is the vat they reclaim i believe
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #36
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Ive seen a few poa and moa , much room in the prices they state? As nearly new prices are almost the same as new
This is strange I tried a few and they would not alter price was a bit supprised and one dealer called back to ask if I wanted more help I said to late getting new car order in soon and you did not wish to come and go, also 3 dealers never called me back for new car deal , and one dealer principle will be raging when I tell him at Goodwood FOS this year Steve Soper of linconshire he said to give him the chance of a deal on my next car I did and the salesman never bothered to call me back or offered disc on highly over priced demo, I would not like to be the sales team when Steve asks if I have a new car
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #37
JRINNS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This is strange I tried a few and they would not alter price was a bit supprised and one dealer called back to ask if I wanted more help I said to late getting new car order in soon and you did not wish to come and go, also 3 dealers never called me back for new car deal , and one dealer principle will be raging when I tell him at Goodwood FOS this year Steve Soper of linconshire he said to give him the chance of a deal on my next car I did and the salesman never bothered to call me back or offered disc on highly over priced demo, I would not like to be the sales team when Steve asks if I have a new car
I think they all play games , ive decided to wait until 1 week before year end, i will get a new or nearly new but i reckon being year end they will be more helpful to close a deal
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #38
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
I think they all play games , ive decided to wait until 1 week before year end, i will get a new or nearly new but i reckon being year end they will be more helpful to close a deal
Well I have been very pleased with the deal I have achieved better the expected and should all be tied up tomorrow fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #39
JRINNS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
So what percentage did you save on the advertised price?
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #40
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep

you have to phone all the dealers because a lot of the Christmas tree spec ones are not advertised,there was one appeared on the bmw approved sita at 32995 last week, higher in the miles at 10k but a good buy at that,seemed to have sold though.
I think 34k-36k depending on miles is the amount your going to be with everything included, road tax,service plan etc .
one of the demos I looked at had the rear bumper caved in,it had the reverse camera fitted too,sales staff obviously don't know how to use it,but when its not your money the treat them as metal to move
      02-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #41
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
you have to phone all the dealers because a lot of the Christmas tree spec ones are not advertised,there was one appeared on the bmw approved sita at 32995 last week, higher in the miles at 10k but a good buy at that,seemed to have sold though.
I think 34k-36k depending on miles is the amount your going to be with everything included, road tax,service plan etc .
one of the demos I looked at had the rear bumper caved in,it had the reverse camera fitted too,sales staff obviously don't know how to use it,but when its not your money the treat them as metal to move
I tried to buy a pre reg dec one but they had sold it after giving me a price was new but lower spec at £32,500 glad i held out , i think if i had waited another month mave have improved deal but i want my motor for spring so thought i bet get going, my toys are out side ones M Sport Brakes, Adaptive , and Visibility so no media pack for me, never had it so won,t know if im missing something, would say the big sunroof looks great though
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #42
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep

having had the pro media its amazing how you come to rely on it, I would have that over a sunroof any day,the one im getting doesn't have a microwave lid thank god but has pro nav
      02-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #43
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
having had the pro media its amazing how you come to rely on it, I would have that over a sunroof any day,the one im getting doesn't have a microwave lid thank god but has pro nav
LOL Microwave lid aye you are maybe right but looked like a lot of light inside, what all can you do with the Pro media gear
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #44
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
LOL Microwave lid aye you are maybe right but looked like a lot of light inside, what all can you do with the Pro media gear
was still learning how to get the best from it but bmw info is fab when looking for somewhere to stop for a café/wee,it knows where you are and lists them close by,pick one then send it to nav job done,or you can phone up the bmw man and he will recommend something,still more stuff than that to find out how to use