F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Msport Sport+ mode xDrive.
GetBMWParts

11-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #23
elistan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, AP1 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Is sport+ traction all the way off (hold down traction control foe a few seconds) or is it dynamic handling mode (press button one click)?
As far as I can tell, SPORT+ is the same as a single button click. While taking a corner exit somewhat agressively with the throttle while in SPORT+, the traction control warning light flashed on the dash and I felt the engine cutting back a tad. Sad, really, because I would have liked to be able to power slide at an autocross while in SPORT or SPORT+ for the throttle mapping and steering weight. I haven't yet played around any with holding the button down...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdoc View Post
You can get m-adaptive on xdrive, it's just not lowered.
This^^. I have only been in sport+ a few times (dynamic traction control activated is the message I get, I have DHP, VSS, etc). It definitely lets you take it past the sport limit when it comes to engaging the TC...got totally sideways in one of those funky 90 degree turns onto a highway on-ramp...unintentionally. Was easy enough to correct...once the TC kicked in. Pretty sure the Belgian driver behind me sh!t his Citroen...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
howiegu
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22%E2%80%99 M440

Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiegu View Post
That's because in these two modes, the auto trans will not use 7 and 8th gear. Unless you manually shit.
It will if you are traveling at a high enough speed.
Really? Like 335 mph? If you have a hint of knowledge about the ZF trans and BMW programing...
Come on, stop dreaming, get a 335Xi -
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #26
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiegu View Post
That's because in these two modes, the auto trans will not use 7 and 8th gear. Unless you manually shit.
Incorrect.

In sport auto the transmission will shift into 7 at around 80 mph; 8, approximately 100 mph.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #27
elistan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, AP1 S2000

Actually, I was watching my speedo on the way home today and the car shifted into 7th around 72 mph or so, but perhaps I wasn't paying really close attention.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #28
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitoco View Post
Can u even get adaptive M supsension with Xdrive? Im pretty sure u can´t get the lower M suspension on an xdrive and therefore you shouldnt be able to get the M adaptive. Correct me if I´m wrong.
RWD Sport Line and M-Sport models have a lowered suspension as standard. The M-adaptive suspension sits at the lowered ride height. If you get xDrive, Sport Line and M-sport do not include a lowered sport suspension, and the M-adaptive suspension is altered slightly to work with the higher ride height.

I always find it funny that BMW "can't find enough room" on xDrive sedans (X1, X5, and X6 are available with sport suspensions) for a sport suspension when Audi manages to make it work brilliantly.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #29
S-Dot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
...I always find it funny that BMW "can't find enough room" on xDrive sedans (X1, X5, and X6 are available with sport suspensions) for a sport suspension when Audi manages to make it work brilliantly.
I thought BMW was saying they didn't want to lower the ride height because it would put the half-shafts at an angle. I didn't think space was the issue. I don't see how it could be.

I think they could do a slight drop with stiffer springs. Or someone could...

My boyfriend drives a GMC truck that's cranked about 1-1/2" at the front, putting the half-shafts at a much more notable angle, and after 190,000 km's, it's still purring, despite horrendous off-road abuse. I would HOPE that the BMW is at least of that quality.

Drop it say 10mm (which is MINOR), with a slightly higher spring rate. I can't believe they didn't find that feasible.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #30
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

sport + is sport with the DSC off
      11-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #31
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSKIDN View Post
sport + is sport with the DSC off
Sport+ is Sport with DTC on, turn on Sport+ and it will say "Dynamic Traction Control activated". DSC is never off unless you turn it off manually, by keeping the traction-button pressed for a few seconds.

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #32
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
RWD Sport Line and M-Sport models have a lowered suspension as standard. The M-adaptive suspension sits at the lowered ride height. If you get xDrive, Sport Line and M-sport do not include a lowered sport suspension, and the M-adaptive suspension is altered slightly to work with the higher ride height.
Yup

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitoco View Post
Sport+ is Sport with DTC on, turn on Sport+ and it will say "Dynamic Traction Control activated". DSC is never off unless you turn it off manually, by keeping the traction-button pressed for a few seconds.
yes this is what I imagined it to be. so the only way to turn everything off is to hold down the traction button for a few seconds.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #34
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan View Post
As far as I can tell, SPORT+ is the same as a single button click. While taking a corner exit somewhat agressively with the throttle while in SPORT+, the traction control warning light flashed on the dash and I felt the engine cutting back a tad. Sad, really, because I would have liked to be able to power slide at an autocross while in SPORT or SPORT+ for the throttle mapping and steering weight. I haven't yet played around any with holding the button down...
I was able to slide quite a bit during autocross in my no line in sport mode. I think on slower sweeping turns itll let you as long as you are flooring it. If it did cut in, it didn't feel that my engine bogged and was more of a smoothening out feel (maybe because mine is a 328i and it won't spin the wheels too aggressively). I guess since they never spin out of control, the engine never cuts out. Better for for going faster i guess ! lhaha

On the otherhand, just accelerating hard in my girl's 135i willl totally kill the engine. It spins, stutters, then zips. That was strange. So now I always either turn on dtc or shut it off completely.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #35
yellowllewellyn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive

Manual Trans

Quote:
The pedal does not go in more but at the same amount of pedal travel, sport mode opens up more of the throttle. How do i explain this. Pressing down an inch on the gas pedal in sport mode is somewhat like pressing down the gas pedal a couple inches in comfort mode. Now in eco mode....i hate eco mode. Dont use it at all.

Does anyone else think that ECO mode is pointless?

Also I will be ordering a manual. How will the stop/start work with the manual?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #36
sean10mm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xDrive 6MT ZDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowllewellyn View Post

From the owner's manual:

The engine is switched off automatically during a stop under the following conditions:
Manual transmission:
▷ Neutral is engaged and the clutch pedal is not pressed.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #37
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowllewellyn View Post

In reading through threads, it seems that many ppl use the ECO mode. But its just annoying. Laggy throttle response, no acceleraton, autostop, etc. It just sucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #38
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
In reading through threads, it seems that many ppl use the ECO mode. But its just annoying. Laggy throttle response, no acceleraton, autostop, etc. It just sucks.
I only use ECO mode on the highway, usually with the cruise control on. If you need to accelerate, you just need to press the pedal further...the power is there, it's just deeper down in pedal travel.

2013 335i xDrive – 6-speed, AW, M Sport Line, Cold Weather, Dymanic Handling, Premium, Technology, 403M, Black Grills, Carbon Caps, Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #39
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmargolis View Post
I only use ECO mode on the highway, usually with the cruise control on. If you need to accelerate, you just need to press the pedal further...the power is there, it's just deeper down in pedal travel.
that's exactly what I don't like about it...you have to press for longer than even in comfort mode. And I can't use ecopro because the highest limit is at 75mph. Cruise control on the freeway that 75 is too slow for me and I will get honked at in the first lane lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #40
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
that's exactly what I don't like about it...you have to press for longer than even in comfort mode. And I can't use ecopro because the highest limit is at 75mph.
Full power in Eco is available as fast as you can push the foot feed to the floor. This doesn't take long to achieve.

Eco is not limited to 75 MPH; it is merely less effective at higher speeds. You can go as fast as you want in Eco.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #41
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk
Quote:
that's exactly what I don't like about it...you have to press for longer than even in comfort mode. And I can't use ecopro because the highest limit is at 75mph.
Full power in Eco is available as fast as you can push the foot feed to the floor. This doesn't take long to achieve.

Eco is not limited to 75 MPH; it is merely less effective at higher speeds. You can go as fast as you want in Eco.
As soon as i pass 75, eco pro shuts down for me. Strange. Ill try it again next time. But i feel like opening up the the covers and putting in a door jam thing so i wouldnt even be able to push down on eco pro.

Even if i do mash on the gas i think the power comes only upon full throttle.

Sometimes i just want half throttle without having to try so hard.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #42
yellowllewellyn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive

I heard that the stop/start is smoother on the 335i then the 328i. Now I'm getting the 2014 when it comes out Next year. I'm trying to learn everything about this car. I need xDrive. But the 328i doesn't come with a manual. Sad.
Appreciate 0