F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > MPPK decals
GetBMWParts

03-29-2014, 03:32 AM   #45
juniortabak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M135i

The wheels are cool and for sure the overall look of the car is amazing!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #46
russellsdad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition xDrive SPY

I can understand some folks who don't like the decals. I was debating as well whether to put them on or not. But considering I did get MPPK installed, may as well put the decals on. So I did. On EBII it doesn't stand out too much. Personally I think the M performance enhancements combined look subtle to me and not blasting out to the world that "I have an M".

2015 Maserati GranTurismo Sport, Bianco Eldorado
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #47
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellsdad View Post
I can understand some folks who don't like the decals. I was debating as well whether to put them on or not. But considering I did get MPPK installed, may as well put the decals on. So I did. On EBII it doesn't stand out too much. Personally I think the M performance enhancements combined look subtle to me and not blasting out to the world that "I have an M

Agree. Trust me, there is no confusing the f30 for an f80 just by simply applying some badges and a sticker. Besides, it clearly says M performance ... not M3. It's a new and unique BMW brand. Some will adopt it sooner than others, but it's here to stay. It may make some uncomfortable at first.

Car looks great btw. Curious to hear your initial impressions on the PPK and MPE?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #48
mrich1353
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40I

I requested they not install the stickers at the port on my Alpine White M-Sport, but it came through with them. I removed after a couple of days, too boy racer on the Alpine White. They are much more subtle on the darker colors...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #49
russellsdad
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition xDrive SPY

Initial impressions of MPPK, first thing I noticed is the exhaust burble. Before you got a very short burble on overrun. Now the burble is much more prolonged and sounds very nice. The power delivery feels stronger and very linear. I always felt that stock already had more than enough power. Now the power seems to come sooner at lower revs. MPE seems to add a nicer rumble. Definitely adds character, but not going to piss off the neighbors. Stock was just too muted for my taste and MPPK+MPE was pretty much what I was looking for. I plan to do some audio recording from the driver's seat perhaps after a couple more weeks after the sound ages a bit more.
2015 Maserati GranTurismo Sport, Bianco Eldorado
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 11:02 PM   #50
ATX78703
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

My MPPK was VPC installed and came with the decals on the car. At first, i was upset and wanted them removed. Then it seemed like a mild PITA to do that. Later, it kind of grew on me (even on AW). Really not that noticeable from a distance... and up close it says "M performance" not "M3". Kind of shows off that you put a little something extra into the car without trying to make the car something it's not. I mean, the blue ///M sport brakes are a hell of a lot louder than this decal...

Not to mention easier to find my car in the parking lot among the endless sea of AW F30s that are out there
      03-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #51
amoeba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330i zhp, F30 335-MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich1353 View Post
I requested they not install the stickers at the port on my Alpine White M-Sport, but it came through with them. I removed after a couple of days, too boy racer on the Alpine White. They are much more subtle on the darker colors...
What did you use to remove them?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #52
TractionControlOff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i Dinan Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703 View Post
My MPPK was VPC installed and came with the decals on the car. At first, i was upset and wanted them removed. Then it seemed like a mild PITA to do that. Later, it kind of grew on me (even on AW). Really not that noticeable from a distance... and up close it says "M performance" not "M3". Kind of shows off that you put a little something extra into the car without trying to make the car something it's not. I mean, the blue ///M sport brakes are a hell of a lot louder than this decal...

Not to mention easier to find my car in the parking lot among the endless sea of AW F30s that are out there
Would love to see a pic if you have one. Expecting my AW f30 in about a week and i am pretty sure i will have the decals put on, but i cant find and pics online to preview.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 03:25 AM   #53
Gio72
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich1353 View Post
I completly agree!
Even on the darker colors (like my Blue Estoril) is too boh racer, IMHO.
That's where I put those decals:
http://www.bmwpassion.com/forum/show...=1#post7105361
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #54
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Just curious. For the no-sticker crowd. Did you request them to also not install the M performance engine cover and keep the stock "BMW" one?

Logic seems to escape me on this one. If you drive an M Sport, and you spent the extra money and went out of your way to make it an M performance 335i ... just own up to it. In a few years this won't even be a point of discussion, since BMW will be releasing M Sport 335's as M335i. And this whole sticker/no-sticker debate will seem silly in hindsight. I have never seen 335is owners removing the 335is badges and replacing them with 335i. It just doesn't make sense. A boy racer sticker would be placed on the windshield or hood, with a much bigger font, in white ... and with something like a checkered flag running across it.

Again as I said earlier, some will adopt it sooner than others and warm up to this new branding, but really it is here already. I have to say I like it. If anything, I just wish they released the M335i sooner and I didn't have to go through the hassle of adding all these options aftermarket. But I understand there may be a wisdom behind delaying that decision on BMW's part.

Last edited by Falafel Combo; 03-30-2014 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #55
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio72 View Post
I completly agree!
Even on the darker colors (like my Blue Estoril) is too boh racer, IMHO.
That's where I put those decals:
http://www.bmwpassion.com/forum/show...=1#post7105361

It fits perfectly too!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 08:34 AM   #56
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellsdad View Post
Initial impressions of MPPK, first thing I noticed is the exhaust burble. Before you got a very short burble on overrun. Now the burble is much more prolonged and sounds very nice. The power delivery feels stronger and very linear. I always felt that stock already had more than enough power. Now the power seems to come sooner at lower revs. MPE seems to add a nicer rumble. Definitely adds character, but not going to piss off the neighbors. Stock was just too muted for my taste and MPPK+MPE was pretty much what I was looking for. I plan to do some audio recording from the driver's seat perhaps after a couple more weeks after the sound ages a bit more.

Great. I'm looking forward to that video.

Man, I can;t make up my mind. I was ready to do V1 coilovers, MPE and PPK as soon as I got the chance, but I'm really enjoying the car as is. It's hard to justify doing all that stuff at this point. I don't mind the base suspension (northeast potholes and shitty roads), I'm liking the stock exhaust note and if I need more power I just put the car in sport. I'm not rushing into anything for now.

Congrats again!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #57
Gio72
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinweiss 335i View Post
Just curious. For the no-sticker crowd. Did you request them to also not install the M performance engine cover and keep the stock "BMW" one?

Logic seems to escape me on this one. If you drive an M Sport, and you spent the extra money and went out of your way to make it an M performance 335i ... just own up to it. In a few years this won't even be a point of discussion, since BMW will be releasing M Sport 335's as M335i. And this whole sticker/no-sticker debate will seem silly in hindsight. I have never seen 335is owners removing the 335is badges and replacing them with 335i. It just doesn't make sense. A boy racer sticker would be placed on the windshield or hood, with a much bigger font, in white ... and with something like a checkered flag running across it.

Again as I said earlier, some will adopt it sooner than others and warm up to this new branding, but really it is here already. I have to say I like it. If anything, I just wish they released the M335i sooner and I didn't have to go through the hassle of adding all these options aftermarket. But I understand there may be a wisdom behind delaying that decision on BMW's part.
Sorry, but it's not exactly the same: I'm not used to drive with my engine bonnet open to show my M Performance cover!
It's a question of aesthetics: that kind of decals remind me those little fast car for boy recer, with huge exhaust and stickers everywhere. I think it doesn't fit our sports, but elegant, cars
Tastes are tasts, in the end...

That being said, I'm noto so sure that BMW will release a 3/435is or an M3/435i...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #58
mrich1353
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
What did you use to remove them?
Heat them with a hair blow dryer and they will lift easily (this also works for dealer stickers with their name!), then use adhesive remover if any glue residue.
Don't use anything metal to scrape.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #59
ATX78703
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionControlOff
Quote:

Would love to see a pic if you have one. Expecting my AW f30 in about a week and i am pretty sure i will have the decals put on, but i cant find and pics online to preview.
Here is a distance shot:
And a close up shot:
Attached Images

03-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #60
TractionControlOff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i Dinan Exhaust

Quote:
Here is a distance shot:
And a close up shot:
Thanks a lot for posting the pics!! Funny thing is that it does stand out a little more on AW, but for some reason it looks better on AW. Decision made. Thanks again, that was really helpful and your car looks great!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #61
ATX78703
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionControlOff View Post
Thanks a lot for posting the pics!! Funny thing is that it does stand out a little more on AW, but for some reason it looks better on AW. Decision made. Thanks again, that was really helpful and your car looks great!
thx.
it does stick out more on AW, but i don't feel it is overly obnoxious or anything.
      03-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #62
johndeere
mhmmmm
Canada
Rep
Drives: MS3X

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinweiss 335i View Post

Logic seems to escape you on differentiating between a sticker on the exterior of a car, and a cover inside the engine bay? Really?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #63
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3magine View Post
Logic seems to escape you on differentiating between a sticker on the exterior of a car, and a cover inside the engine bay? Really?

Never mind.

Last edited by Falafel Combo; 03-30-2014 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0