F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Sport Suspension
proTUNING Freaks

08-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #23
jmatero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50

Garage List
So still trying to determine:

Is the Dynamic Handling Package (Adjustable suspension) in its sportiest setting = to the Sport Suspension?

If it is, then the only advantage to getting it would be to SOFTEN the ride if you wanted.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #24
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
The lux and modern start at a higher base price as they include the prem pkg along with leather seats.
I equipped a sport and lux with the dynamic handling pkg and the sport ends up costing $300 more.

It's odd because at this point the only difference are the addition of sport seats in the sport line. I can't imagine BMW only charging $300 for sport seats if they offered them in the lux and modern lines.

In Canada, can you option the sport seats in a lux and/or modern?
If so, how much more is it?
I think they run 500 Euro in Europe. They are not a super pricey option. Do not understand why they are not a stand alone for '13 on the 3s, but for the 2013 128i and 135i they are available as a stand alone option for $400 US. pretty cool, but wish they were also available on the 3.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #25
ymmij
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
So still trying to determine:

Is the Dynamic Handling Package (Adjustable suspension) in its sportiest setting = to the Sport Suspension?

If it is, then the only advantage to getting it would be to SOFTEN the ride if you wanted.
bump -- would like to get the answer to this one as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #26
rlb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i, 300ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
bump -- would like to get the answer to this one as well.
Me too.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #27
feverf30
Rep
Drives: CVT CVT

According to the website and what the sales person told me, same suspension is applied for all the lines. Sport AND LUX. the sport and sport + modes are available to all lines too. The lines only differ in the following, chrome in exterior and exhaust pipe, leather uphostery color, certain exterior color , and seats . The M adaptive suspension option is different beast all together that available only in certain market. Correct me if I m wrong
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #28
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by feverf30 View Post
According to the website and what the sales person told me, same suspension is applied for all the lines. Sport AND LUX. the sport and sport + modes are available to all lines too. The lines only differ in the following, chrome in exterior and exhaust pipe, leather uphostery color, certain exterior color , and seats . The M adaptive suspension option is different beast all together that available only in certain market. Correct me if I m wrong
That doesn't go for every country. So you could be right or wrong. In the USA the Sport suspension is different. First of all its a more firm ride and secondly it sits 10MM lower. I am not sure if the sway bars are different as well but I also remember reading where someone had discovered there are extra coolers on the sport line I think it was oil but I cant remember.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #29
rlb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i, 300ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by feverf30 View Post
The Sports line sports pkg suspension is definitely different than the non-sport suspension. As ric124 said, it is firmer and 10mm lower. In the US, there are 3 suspensions: standard, sport, and adaptive. The question is how do the settings on the adaptive suspension compare to the standard and sport suspensions.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #30
feverf30
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124 View Post
That doesn't go for every country. So you could be right or wrong. In the USA the Sport suspension is different. First of all its a more firm ride and secondly it sits 10MM lower. I am not sure if the sway bars are different as well but I also remember reading where someone had discovered there are extra coolers on the sport line I think it was oil but I cant remember.
I guess you are refering to this one, which is an optional package available only to Sport line. unfortunately this is not available yet in my country . I guess is better to stick with sport line and take up the M sport package when available later. Does it work that way or must be upgraded beforehand ?

"M Sport Package.

Athleticism is inbred in the new BMW 3 Series. Those looking for even greater dynamic character will find just what they require in the M Sport package, including many extra equipment items. Discover its benefits – from the third quarter of 2012 at your BMW Dealer’s.

The M Sport package with its innovative equipment features is based on the athleticism of the new BMW 3 Series Sedan with Sport Line and turns to the BMW M3 for its appearance. One constituent is the M Sport suspension lowered by ten millimetres with stiffer spring and damper settings as well as harder stabilisers.
Its dynamic character is emphasised by the exclusive M Sport body colour of Estoril Blue metallic, a special aerodynamics package with numerous body components, chromium exhaust pipe finishers, modified suspension settings and M Sport light-alloy wheels with a diameter of 18 or 19 inches. Front and rear bumpers, sill covers in body colour and a striking diffusor insert in Dark Shadow Metallic on the tail underline the sporting character of the M Sport package, exploiting its visual effect to the full. "
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #31
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by feverf30
Quote:
I guess you are refering to this one, which is an optional package available only to Sport line. unfortunately this is not available yet in my country . I guess is better to stick with sport line and take up the M sport package when available later. Does it work that way or must be upgraded beforehand ?

"M Sport Package.

Athleticism is inbred in the new BMW 3 Series. Those looking for even greater dynamic character will find just what they require in the M Sport package, including many extra equipment items. Discover its benefits – from the third quarter of 2012 at your BMW Dealer’s.

The M Sport package with its innovative equipment features is based on the athleticism of the new BMW 3 Series Sedan with Sport Line and turns to the BMW M3 for its appearance. One constituent is the M Sport suspension lowered by ten millimetres with stiffer spring and damper settings as well as harder stabilisers.
Its dynamic character is emphasised by the exclusive M Sport body colour of Estoril Blue metallic, a special aerodynamics package with numerous body components, chromium exhaust pipe finishers, modified suspension settings and M Sport light-alloy wheels with a diameter of 18 or 19 inches. Front and rear bumpers, sill covers in body colour and a striking diffusor insert in Dark Shadow Metallic on the tail underline the sporting character of the M Sport package, exploiting its visual effect to the full. "
In the USA the sport line comes standard with sport suspension and it's the same suspension as the M Sport. I have a sport line with the optional adaptive M suspension.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #32
feverf30
Rep

Quote:
In the USA the sport line comes standard with sport suspension and it's the same suspension as the M Sport. I have a sport line with the optional adaptive M suspension.
Thanks for the clarification, I went into US website and start configuring the car. I understand now what you mean. The reason I ask is Lux and Sport line were priced at the same level over here . The only difference is changing interior , exterior color/finishing. Both lines without M sport suspension or sport suspension but variable sport steering is included for both lines along with other standard upgrade eg paddle shift,drive assist and entertainment and navigation . With Taxes all in and even with corporate discount, is still priced at USD 90k ... I felt so ripped off now....

without sport suspension , i m wondering should i insist on sport line still....
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #33
///KM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V8

Is the "Sport suspension" used in the Sportline consist of different springs + dampers from the other Lines, or just different springs? I believe it's only springs, but wanted to see if anyone had definitive info.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #34
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///KM View Post
Is the "Sport suspension" used in the Sportline consist of different springs + dampers from the other Lines, or just different springs? I believe it's only springs, but wanted to see if anyone had definitive info.
not a definite answer here but I am going to say yes they are different. Don't think springs alone would change the ride firmest that much as what is being felt between luxury to sport lines.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #35
///KM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V8

Quote:
not a definite answer here but I am going to say yes they are different. Don't think springs alone would change the ride firmest that much as what is being felt between luxury to sport lines.
I have since looked on realoem and it appears there's two types of struts/dampers part numbers:

- 31316791551 Front Spring Strut
- 31316791579 Front Spring Strut (for vehicles with M Sports Suspension) S704A = Yes

So I think you're right - Sportline (which I think is S704A) have different struts.
Appreciate 0