F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > European Delivery
Studio RSR

06-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
JBH320
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320D

European Delivery

I have been reading some of the experiences of our friends in the USA on the global forum and I was wondering if ED is available for us in Australia, and if so has anyone here done it.

If someone has done it I would like to hear of their experience - positives and negatives as I would like to do it when I buy my next beamer.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

If BMW Australia offers that option, they don't make it easy to find on their website. A quick call to your local dealer should tell you if they do. In the USA, the agreement BMWUSA has with corporate is to give you a fixed discount (you can usually negotiate more with your dealer) off the top, and includes full services delivered to your selling dealer (or to the Performance Center, if you wish). The program includes delivery at the Welt, two weeks of insurance and vehicle registration, and the ability to drop off the car at your choice of points in most countries in Europe. You also get free admittance to the BMW museum, and can prebook a factory tour, and use of the lounge and a credit at the gift shop and restaurant. Extending the time can be purchased, but keep in mind, traveling at certain times in certain areas may require the renting or purchase of winter tires for legal passage!

I did mine in late April, the weather was generally warm, and it was before the main summer high season, so it wasn't as crowded and prices were lower. August in Europe is a mess IMHO, too many people trying to do too much.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #3
JBH320
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the update.

You mention the agreement with corporates. If you don't have that arrangement can an individual still arrange ED pickup.

We travelled to Europe in late April a couple of years ago and drove around Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland. But unfortunately I did not have a BMW pickup arranged.

I agree with you that around that time is probably the best to do the trip. It was great experience on their roads and most were very good and not too congested.

I shall pursue this option with local dealers.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 04:21 AM   #4
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH320 View Post
Thanks for the update.

You mention the agreement with corporates. If you don't have that arrangement can an individual still arrange ED pickup.

We travelled to Europe in late April a couple of years ago and drove around Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland. But unfortunately I did not have a BMW pickup arranged.

I agree with you that around that time is probably the best to do the trip. It was great experience on their roads and most were very good and not too congested.

I shall pursue this option with local dealers.
I've wondered this as well! Would be an awesome excuse to hit up the ring in your own car also!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 02:19 AM   #5
JBH320
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
I've wondered this as well! Would be an awesome excuse to hit up the ring in your own car also!
Yes that would be a great experience.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here driven around the ring.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 06:11 AM   #6
plesg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i MSport

I asked my dealer in brisbane as I was curious about ED as considering pulling the trigger on an M4....he seemed to think it was possible to arrange...
Appreciate 0