F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Building out a 340i xDrive Order - Questions Galore
ARMA SPEED

06-17-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
Brian_R
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 340, 08 H3 Alpha, 04 TSX

Building out a 340i xDrive Order - Questions Galore

Hi everyone,
Long time admirer of the brand, first time actually ordering one

I'm looking at building out a 340i xDrive and after looking at the pricing guide and order guide I think I'm close:

B45 Estoril Blue Metallic
LCL8 Black Dakota Leather w/ Dark Oyster Highlight
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
ZLP Lighting Package
ZMP M-Sport Package
w/ 21C 19" Light Alloy Wheel Double-Spoke Style 442 M Orbit Grey with Mixed perf. Tires
4WF Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Estoril Blue matte highlight
840 Increased Top Speed
ZTP - Tech Package
ZTR - Track Handling Package
5DL - Side and Top View Cameras
6NS - Enhanced USB and Bluetooth Plus Smartphone Integration

So here are the questions:
If I recall when the F30 first came out the M-Sport on the i vs. the xDrive were different (other than RWD vs. AWD) but I can't recall what. If so, is that still the case after the LCI and what's different?

With ZMP and ZTR do I have a choice of 18" wheels that aren't the all gray? WAF on this went through the floor when I showed her those wheels, hence the 21Cs listed.

The 6NS I added for the second phone support. Any comments from those that have it and would buy again or just save the $350 for car washes / details / Nurburgring lap tokens?

Any other options I've missed that I should look at or options here that are really not worth the money?

Even though this is a LCI update, are there still favorable negotiated prices for ED? (I think I read $500-1000 over ED Invoice is a fair deal, right?)

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #2
Brian_R
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_R View Post
If I recall when the F30 first came out the M-Sport on the i vs. the xDrive were different (other than RWD vs. AWD) but I can't recall what. If so, is that still the case after the LCI and what's different?

With ZMP and ZTR do I have a choice of 18" wheels that aren't the all gray? WAF on this went through the floor when I showed her those wheels, hence the 21Cs listed.

The 6NS I added for the second phone support. Any comments from those that have it and would buy again or just save the $350 for car washes / details / Nurburgring lap tokens?

Any other options I've missed that I should look at or options here that are really not worth the money?

Even though this is a LCI update, are there still favorable negotiated prices for ED? (I think I read $500-1000 over ED Invoice is a fair deal, right?)

Thanks in advance!
Found some answers and I'd thought I'd update for those looking in the future:

xDrive has standard steering vs. sport steering on the I, unless you get the ZTR - Track Package, then sport steering is back in on the xDrive.

No - only 18s on the combo are the all gray wheels.

Still out. Yes some better connectivity / signal strength stuff but you get that phone shelf in the center armrest that takes up a bunch of space and my not fit phones in the future.

Got an offer in the guesstimated range already so I'm chalking that up as a yes.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Long time admirer of the brand, first time actually ordering one

I'm looking at building out a 340i xDrive and after looking at the pricing guide and order guide I think I'm close:

B45 Estoril Blue Metallic
LCL8 Black Dakota Leather w/ Dark Oyster Highlight
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
ZLP Lighting Package
ZMP M-Sport Package
w/ 21C 19" Light Alloy Wheel Double-Spoke Style 442 M Orbit Grey with Mixed perf. Tires
4WF Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Estoril Blue matte highlight
840 Increased Top Speed
ZTP - Tech Package
ZTR - Track Handling Package
5DL - Side and Top View Cameras
6NS - Enhanced USB and Bluetooth Plus Smartphone Integration

Thanks in advance!
That's the problem with not having a build site to see how things look and exactly what works with what.

From what I can tell on the order guide ZMP Msport comes with the same wheels as the Msport from day 1, as shown on the current 2015 build site.
Track package comes with those dark and ugly wheels. I don't like them.
Now, can you keep the Msport wheels or go with a different brighter set of 18's? I don't think so.

With the track pack you could option the 19" set, which is another $900.
However, I don't like the ride with 19" tires, and I don't like the added unsprung weight with the trend towards larger and larger wheels.

I wouldn't mind getting the track pack without Msport so that I can get the mediterranean blue color, but I don't like the dark wheels.
If I could get the 18" wheels from the Msport or even the standard 18's from the standard 340i I could do that.

My build is very simple.
340i AT
Msport
M adaptive

Maybe metallic paint, but the color options are no different than before and I have melborne red now.
I would like either mineral white or mediterranean blue.

The only way I'd get leather is if there is something different.
I like coral as I had it in my 135i.

The only Msport that I would get would be AW, EB, silver.
I may do silver with black sensatec, ash grain with pearl gloss.
Looks like I can do that with Msport.

I'm doing standard US delivery at $750 over.
I did get 2 offers for $500 over, but for $250 I'll go with my closest dealer where I get my maintenance and service.
Plus, the leasing is so good on these that that difference hardly matters.

Last edited by RPM90; 06-29-2015 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #4
Brian_R
Private
United_States
Rep

When I ordered The M-Sport + Track Pack the 19's were a $0 option. The order guide is confusing because it tries to show if you get only the Track Pack or only M-Sport and it's harder to read but it does say on my vehicle inquiry report no charge for the 21Cs. Problem is there's no non-gray 18" option by selecting both, presumably because of the m-sport brakes and clearances with certain wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #5
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
When I ordered The M-Sport + Track Pack the 19's were a $0 option. The order guide is confusing because it tries to show if you get only the Track Pack or only M-Sport and it's harder to read but it does say on my vehicle inquiry report no charge for the 21Cs. Problem is there's no non-gray 18" option by selecting both, presumably because of the m-sport brakes and clearances with certain wheels.
Msport gives a good variety of wheels at no charge.
Here they are for the 340i:
ZMP M Sport Package

2PE 18" star-spoke 400M wheels w/
mixed summer tires
(18x8.0, 225/45 R18 front and 18x8.5,
255/40 R18 rear)

or 2PP 18" star-spoke 400M wheels w /
all-season tires
(18x8.0, 225/45 R18)

or 23N 18" Light Alloy V-spoke Style
398 Orbit Grey w/Mixed Perf. NonRun
Flat Tires
(18x8.0, 225/45 R18 front and 18x8.5,
255/40 R18 rear)

or 21C 19" Light Alloy Wheel Doublespoke
Style442 M Orbit Grey with
Mixed Perf. Tires
(19x8.0, 225/40 R19 front and 19x8.5,
255/35 R19 rear)
The wheels/tires listed above are all $0 options.

2PF wheel is a $900 option with Msport.

or 2PF 19" star-spoke 403M wheels w/
mixed summer tires
+ $900
255/35 R19 rear)
2PP 18" star-spoke 400M wheels w / allseason
tires

With track pak only, there are 2 - 19" wheel options instead of the standard18" 23N/398.
19" - 21C/442 and
19" - 2T1/407 I like these.

Given how many people order it still surprises me how much BMW doesn't allow.
Up to 2015 you could get a "sport" 3 series that came with a sport suspension.
For the 2016 LCI they included the cosmetics of the "sport" variant but no sport suspension listed.
You have to get Msport and then you get the "M sport" static suspension, adaptive optional, or get the track pak and get the M adaptive included.

I do like the Msport now comes with fog lights as my 2013 335i Msport doesn't have them.

It would be extremely helpful if BMW just put the damn 2016 build on their website. But NO. I spoke with their customer service people a few days ago and they said the 2016 builder will be up once the 2016's show up at the dealer lots. The BMW rep agreed with me that that was quite "not smart" given how many of us are trying to order now and have to sift through the ordering guide mess, and we can't see what certain color combo's look like inside and out.

I'm thinking I want to go with ash grain and aluminum trim inside, so I looked at other BMW's that offer that. I really hope that for the 340i ash grain is the same dark shade as I'm seeing. And, with that option there is a pearl gloss alum trim that extends from the dash and onto the door panels.
Looks really nice. I hope that's what I get when I order it.
But then, how would I know for sure.

Last edited by RPM90; 06-30-2015 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 05:28 AM   #6
EJL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post

or 21C 19" Light Alloy Wheel Doublespoke
Style442 M Orbit Grey with
Mixed Perf. Tires
255/35 R19 rear)
The wheels/tires listed above are all $0 options.

I do like the Msport now comes with fog lights as my 2013 335i Msport doesn't have them.

The pricing guide I've seen lists 21C as a 900 option with ZTR, but +0 with ZMP, but 21C requires ZMP. The order guide says that 21C requires ZTR and ZMP... so it looks like 21C is actually a 900 option?

Also, ordering ZTR and ZMP deletes 5A1 (fog lights) according to the pricing guide.

Confusing.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #7
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJL View Post
The pricing guide I've seen lists 21C as a 900 option with ZTR, but +0 with ZMP, but 21C requires ZMP. The order guide says that 21C requires ZTR and ZMP... so it looks like 21C is actually a 900 option?

Also, ordering ZTR and ZMP deletes 5A1 (fog lights) according to the pricing guide.

Confusing.
Are you referring to a 328i or 340i?
There are different requirments for each.

For 340i:
21C is a $0 option for the ZMP/Msport package.

2PF is $900 with ZMP.

21C is a $900 option with ZTR.

I think that if you get BOTH ZTR and ZMP, then the fog lights get removed. In the price guide it only states the removal under the ZTR options not in the ZMP area.
Looking at the pictures and video of the 340i clearly there are foglights on the 340i Msport.
Look at this:

It is confusing without a damn online build site.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #8
EJL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

For 340i:

2PF is $900 with ZMP.

I think that if you get BOTH ZTR and ZMP, then the fog lights get removed. In the price guide it only states the removal under the ZTR options not in the ZMP area.
Looking at the pictures and video of the 340i clearly there are foglights on the 340i Msport.
Look at this:
Yea, but if you look further down on the 21C section on the pricing guide it says 21C requires ZTR.

Also, the guide says fog lights are removed with adaptive headlights or you get ZMP with ZTR.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #9
Brian_R
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJL
Quote:

For 340i:

2PF is $900 with ZMP.

Look at this:
Yea, but if you look further down on the 21C section on the pricing guide it says 21C requires ZTR.

Also, the guide says fog lights are removed with adaptive headlights or you get ZMP with ZTR.
So do the adaptive then simulate fogs or alter lighting in foggy conditions? Not sure of the reasoning behind the fog delete otherwise...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #10
EJL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So do the adaptive then simulate fogs or alter lighting in foggy conditions? Not sure of the reasoning behind the fog delete otherwise...
No idea. I've never used my fogs anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #11
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
My guess is additional cooling for the M sport brakes.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #12
mrmd1999
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
My guess is additional cooling for the M sport brakes.
I still don't understand...unless there is a glitch in the bmwusa configurator, you can keep the fog lights with the track handling package when you stick with the luxury package. It's only when you change the front fascia with the M sport package plus the THP that you lose the fogs...

If the bigger brakes with the THP need extra cooling, then you'd think the fogs would be deleted no matter what.
Appreciate 0