F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Relatively High Mileage Advice for 2013 F30 328i
Studio RSR

04-28-2017, 10:28 PM   #1
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Relatively High Mileage Advice for 2013 F30 328i

I have a 2013 F30 328i, and am approaching the 140,000 mile mark. I have always serviced my car at the BMW dealership since I received it new almost four years ago, and besides just two minor repairs there has been nothing abnormal to happen with this vehicle: there was a problem with one of the sensors, I can't remember which one, and there was a small engine leak. I have always gotten the recommended services performed on my car always on time i.e. oil changes, break pads, fluid flushes, spark plugs etc. I was wondering if there is anything that I should be looking out for, or doing as preventative maintenance for this vehicle. I love my car, and want it to have a long life. I am expecting to get over 200K on the vehicle no problem! What has been your experience with "high mileage" BMWs? I am also considering doing some Dinan upgrades specifically: https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...ries&mid=1182/ What are you thoughts on this small upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #2
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxacoricofallapatorius View Post
I have a 2013 F30 328i, and am approaching the 140,000 mile mark. I have always serviced my car at the BMW dealership since I received it new almost four years ago, and besides just two minor repairs there has been nothing abnormal to happen with this vehicle: there was a problem with one of the sensors, I can't remember which one, and there was a small engine leak. I have always gotten the recommended services performed on my car always on time i.e. oil changes, break pads, fluid flushes, spark plugs etc. I was wondering if there is anything that I should be looking out for, or doing as preventative maintenance for this vehicle. I love my car, and want it to have a long life. I am expecting to get over 200K on the vehicle no problem! What has been your experience with "high mileage" BMWs? I am also considering doing some Dinan upgrades specifically: https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...ries&mid=1182/ What are you thoughts on this small upgrade?
Is your engine N26? As that Dinan link states for only that engine.

Also you might want to start with this first .....https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...ries&mid=1182/

If not enough power for your liking then upgrade to a more powerful tuner.

I added this to my wagon and have had no worries/complaints........http://www.burgertuning.com/stage_1_...ce_tuners.html
      06-02-2017, 10:32 AM   #3
madmortar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport

Wow, happy to hear you never had an issue with the dreaded timing chain!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
madmortar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport

Oh and just noticed you're in SAV too.
What dealership do you use?

Curious what you think if/when you get a tune.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #5
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Damn, 140k miles in 4 years!? Awesome! haha

Without actually seeing your service history i can't say what still need to be done.

I believe the current standard BMW schedule does not include, transmission fluid changes, differential changes or coolant changes....as they consider those to be "lifetime" fills.

Lots of info on the internet in regards to the pros and cons of changing those fluids....do some research and decide for yourself if you want to do them now....especially if you've never done them before and are already at 140k.

In regards to the Dinan tune... FACT: the more power an engine is asked to produced the more stressed it becomes. You cannot get increased performance for free.... you usually have to sacrifice comfort, reliability, mpg etc.

That being said, Dinan tunes are relatively conservative....

Completely making up numbers here to illustrate my point.

BMW makes an engine that can handle 400hp before it blows up....they set it from the factory to produce 250hp for reliability and mpg purposes. You THEORETICALLY still have 149hp to play with before the engine blows up. How close you want to get to the edge is up to you