F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > so when did you get your first scratch/ding/chip
ARMA SPEED

05-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #89
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionControl=OFF View Post
Mine came out of the delivery with a scratch that they didnt fix... and a punctured seat that they patched.... any advice how to handle this? they are so not eager to help me either
that happened to me too. :/ they repainted the bumper.
I'd contact the dealership and demand a fix.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #90
Exterminador
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i convertible

Quote:
Mine came out of the delivery with a scratch that they didnt fix... and a punctured seat that they patched.... any advice how to handle this? they are so not eager to help me either
You should contact BMW directly and complain. They should definitely replace the seat!!! A scratch can be buffed out usually but a punctured seat no way!!!

I would not accept this!! If they don't seem like they want to fix this tell them you will sue.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #91
TractionControl=OFF
Banned
Rep
Drives: XP-38 (F30) Landspeeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exterminador View Post
You should contact BMW directly and complain. They should definitely replace the seat!!! A scratch can be buffed out usually but a punctured seat no way!!!

I would not accept this!! If they don't seem like they want to fix this tell them you will sue.
I feel like I've complained as much as I can, they just ignore me. Feel like I'm going insane. What would you suggest I do?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #92
TractionControl=OFF
Banned
Rep
Drives: XP-38 (F30) Landspeeder

Bizzare thing was... the punctured seat was the biggest issue, so finally they told me to bring it in and they said that they would replace the seat, and when I got it back it looked the same(also in for other service issues like the mis-manufactured cam shaft). I texted my SA and asked him what about the seat, and he said something along the lines, in an angry tone "it HAS been fixed bro'..." anyways he kept insisting and insisting it was fixed and i said "I'm looking at the seat right now and its not fixed" and he started getting mad at me, so i just dropped it and didn't say anything else
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 05:22 AM   #93
Exterminador
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i convertible

Quote:
Bizzare thing was... the punctured seat was the biggest issue, so finally they told me to bring it in and they said that they would replace the seat, and when I got it back it looked the same(also in for other service issues like the mis-manufactured cam shaft). I texted my SA and asked him what about the seat, and he said something along the lines, in an angry tone "it HAS been fixed bro'..." anyways he kept insisting and insisting it was fixed and i said "I'm looking at the seat right now and its not fixed" and he started getting mad at me, so i just dropped it and didn't say anything else
Contact BMW North America!!!! Not the dealer!!!!

Also his behavior is unacceptable. Don't back down!!! I would have told him that I'm not this bro...show him the seat and told him to get a freaking clue on how to deal with customers. Take pictures and write down names. contact BMW USA and a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #94
328iGurl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328ix

I had a few scratches (from oblivious family members in my own garage!) that I was able to buff out with Meguair's Scratch X. So excited that it worked so well!