F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin 10.25 screen
GetBMWParts

12-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m2 lci

Avin 10.25 screen

You guys I know there are a lot of threads in this but can't really come across straight forward answers

I just had a couple of questions

Is it worth it ?

Is it plug n play or is there a huge list of modifications that need to be done for this . For example would I be able to do this on my own ?

I know they are a couple of options to choose from witch one would be the preferred one
      12-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

Earlier this year I installed the Avin 4.4 unit in my 2012 SE that didn't have nav or DAB and found it to be very good. Installation was relatively straightforward if you follow the guides and was a massive improvement over the 6.5 screen. Nav worked very well, I tended to use Waze, the DAB less so, mainly due to a rushed install of the antenna. Sound quality was fine, played from a USB stick through the Avin which showed artwork so another improvement. I know lots of people had various issues but it seemed to me the less features you had to start with the better it worked. Only got rid of mine because I replaced the car with one that had nav and DAB but only the smaller screen so still miss the bigger one.
Mick
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
maddog99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013

Having previously been a fan of AVIN & I purchased their product, I can whole heartedly recommend you dont use them. I experienced unacceptable audio flaws in their product, and they have gone quiet on me for 30 days, not responding to my request for return & refund, even though that is their policy.
Seems very short sighted & a real lack of customer service. Im not trying to resolve this through PayPal & will update on how that goes.
Appreciate 1
thug10820.50
      12-28-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog99 View Post
Having previously been a fan of AVIN & I purchased their product, I can whole heartedly recommend you dont use them. I experienced unacceptable audio flaws in their product, and they have gone quiet on me for 30 days, not responding to my request for return & refund, even though that is their policy.
Seems very short sighted & a real lack of customer service. Im not trying to resolve this through PayPal & will update on how that goes.

I think they take like 100$ restock fee btw just heads up
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #5
maddog99
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks & we will see.
Its literally not been opened beyond the box.
The audio issues were too much for me to overcome.

Last night I receieved a reply from AVIN & now have an RMA number to return on. Im glad to finally get action taken after 3 weeks & Ill keep the thread posted on how that goes...

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 01:30 AM   #6
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is the audio flaws in with in the original Bmw I drive or only when you use the actual android device
      01-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #7
maddog99
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thanks & we will see.
Its literally not been opened beyond the box.
The audio issues were too much for me to overcome.

Last night I receieved a reply from AVIN & now have an RMA number to return on. Im glad to finally get action taken after 3 weeks & Ill keep the thread posted on how that goes...

Chris
UPDATE: I did FINALLY get a refund, but it was after I went to PayPal & opened a case as well as came to the forums with my story. In fairness, I got the refund, BUT thats unacceptable customer service & not someone Id trust.

I will say ultimately I got the Unichip box & its great. Gives me carplay into my existing system & is much $100 less. Super pleased, no audio flaws, feels totally OEM. Couldnt be happier.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 09:34 PM   #8
maddog99
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
UPDATE: I did FINALLY get a refund, but it was after I went to PayPal & opened a case as well as came to the forums with my story. In fairness, I got the refund, BUT thats unacceptable customer service & not someone Id trust.

I will say ultimately I got the Unichip box & its great. Gives me carplay into my existing system & is much $100 less. Super pleased, no audio flaws, feels totally OEM. Couldnt be happier.
No these are HW level problems w/ the AVIN unit. Bad components & it outputs bad audio that a DAC & other work around will not fix. Its in the reviews if you read through these forums. Unacceptable to me. If you want a nice screen, then that unit is ok. Everything else it promises it does not deliver, & its a shame because for $5-8 more cost, it could. too bad.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 12:24 AM   #9
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Any update on these screens or they are still basically shit lol?

I'm still interested but I mean I'm worried about all these bad reviews and bad audio quality

I'm a sound recording engineer my self so is going to really piss me off if the sound is not sounding correctly
      02-14-2019, 04:52 AM   #10
adrien78
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarortiz23 View Post

I'm still interested but I mean I'm worried about all these bad reviews and bad audio quality

I'm a sound recording engineer my self so is going to really piss me off if the sound is not sounding correctly
I can't tell you about the android side sound quality, I'm using Deezer with BT on the original bmw side.

the screen in itself is very fine, that depends why you want it. I'm using Waze on it and MHD logs.

Installation in not complicated, it's pretty P&P, wiring harness is good.

The really problem is the software, of maybe the unit in itself, like the GPS voltage problem causing no signal issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #11
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarortiz23 View Post

I can't tell you about the android side sound quality, I'm using Deezer with BT on the original bmw side.

the screen in itself is very fine, that depends why you want it. I'm using Waze on it and MHD logs.

Installation in not complicated, it's pretty P&P, wiring harness is good.

The really problem is the software, of maybe the unit in itself, like the GPS voltage problem causing no signal issue.
I mean I can be listening to music from the original side of the bmw unit but I mean what if I want to mirror my phone or watch YouTube or movies or gps

Or google search and all these extra functions I mean that's why you would want this lol

but there is so many bad reviews Iike what's so bad that they can't solve
      02-14-2019, 12:14 PM   #12
adrien78
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i

Youtube work fine for me, I used it many times to watch videos during traffic jam xD.
No problem with gps too.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #13
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien78 View Post
Youtube work fine for me, I used it many times to watch videos during traffic jam xD.
No problem with gps too.
I might just have to pull the trigger and get it

Cuz I really do like the look and watching YouTube in traffic is the best I live in la so imagine lol