F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Possible to retrofit the garage home link mirror?
Studio RSR

03-17-2015, 06:56 AM   #1
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Possible to retrofit the garage home link mirror?

Checked the forum, no posts when I searched "Home Link" so is this possible or not?

Thanks
      03-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
wildcatcrazy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhelou
Checked the forum, no posts when I searched "Home Link" so is this possible or not?

Thanks
I did it on my E90, so I assume it can be done on yours as well. I had to purchase a wiring harness to replace my current one because I didn't have auto dimming from factory. And really all you would need to do is run 2 additional wires (I think 2) from your mirror to the FZD module.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2015, 02:53 AM   #3
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatcrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhelou

Thanks
I did it on my E90, so I assume it can be done on yours as well. I had to purchase a wiring harness to replace my current one because I didn't have auto dimming from factory. And really all you would need to do is run 2 additional wires (I think 2) from your mirror to the FZD module.
So if I have auto-dimming, I would simply need to swap the mirror? or is that a very very hopeful oversimplification of the process
      04-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #4
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhelou View Post
So if I have auto-dimming, I would simply need to swap the mirror? or is that a very very hopeful oversimplification of the process
I have to double check what mirror my car came with, but for me, it was just a simple swap of the new mirror without changes. I read that it would require a new wire, but that wasn't the case.

When I get home I'll check to see what mirror I had (sitting in the garage) and let you know tomorrow.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2015, 11:01 AM   #5
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

Double checked and the mirror that came with my car was the standard auto-dimming and replaced it with PN 51169285514 and was plug and play for me.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2015, 10:53 PM   #6
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimminez View Post
Double checked and the mirror that came with my car was the standard auto-dimming and replaced it with PN 51169285514 and was plug and play for me.
Do you mind telling us how much it cost?

Thanks
      04-23-2015, 01:41 AM   #7
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Retrofitted on my car.
No problem
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2015, 09:11 AM   #8
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Just a quick question, under what section did you find the mirror on realoem? I searched for it for a solid 45 minutes and was only able to find the alarm light and irrelevant stuff.
      04-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #9
radair
Private
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhelou View Post
Just a quick question, under what section did you find the mirror on realoem? I searched for it for a solid 45 minutes and was only able to find the alarm light and irrelevant stuff.

http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...CE/51/51_7914/

I also retrofitted the GTO mirror in my F31. Was just plug & play.

Greetings
Radair
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #10
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by radair View Post
http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...CE/51/51_7914/

I also retrofitted the GTO mirror in my F31. Was just plug & play.

Greetings
Radair
You are wrong it does need coding. I did the retrofit to had just auto dim added compass and homelink. Everything works fine but it does need coding. Read out your car with istad or let the dealer do. Youll get the following errors

D90D25 interior rear-view mirror: oncorrect variant fitted

and

D90D2D garage door opener: unexpected LIN-slave

So for those interessted this does need CODING, Only there is no one who knows what.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #11
zeiesfirdaus
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive 30i 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneyer View Post
You are wrong it does need coding. I did the retrofit to had just auto dim added compass and homelink. Everything works fine but it does need coding. Read out your car with istad or let the dealer do. Youll get the following errors

D90D25 interior rear-view mirror: oncorrect variant fitted

and

D90D2D garage door opener: unexpected LIN-slave

So for those interessted this does need CODING, Only there is no one who knows what.
Yes and No, I just did this on my 2018 F31. It is indeed plug and play and all functions will work (including Compass, AutoDimming & Homelink) but it will throw the two errors (in Bimmercode or Carly) D90D25 & D90D2D. These errors DO NOT appear on the car HUD/Navigation Screen or the Cluster. So unless someone is actively looking for errors on these apps or the dealership is actively looking for errors the retrofit works as plug and play.

I got the mirror on eBay for 50USD used, but fully functional and in mint condition.
      12-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #12
zeiesfirdaus
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive 30i 2022

Here is another thread on this.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1548828
      12-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #13
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeiesfirdaus View Post
Yes and No, I just did this on my 2018 F31. It is indeed plug and play and all functions will work (including Compass, AutoDimming & Homelink) but it will throw the two errors (in Bimmercode or Carly) D90D25 & D90D2D. These errors DO NOT appear on the car HUD/Navigation Screen or the Cluster. So unless someone is actively looking for errors on these apps or the dealership is actively looking for errors the retrofit works as plug and play.

I got the mirror on eBay for 50USD used, but fully functional and in mint condition.
Well when you use ista d you don't have to go looking for error the progams tell you what the problems are end those are the problem so it does need proper coding,something you cant do with remote coding apps
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #14
damwie
Rep
Drives: G30, F20,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeiesfirdaus View Post

Hello guys,
I know that the topic is old,, but I registered here only for this answer (maybe not?). I spent few hours finding any solution to delete the errors: D90D25 and D90D2D. I have an F15, but it should be a similar to F30 and other BMWs. I have found two variable in BDC which must be changed to FF.

BDC BODY
3120 PfInternalMirror

PF_INMI_LIN_VAR -> set to nicht_aktiv (werte=FF)

PF_UGDO_LIN_VAR -> set to nicht_aktiv (werte=FF)

That's all - Now the BDC_BODY module will not check 'the mirror' and 'the universal gate door opening' variants anymore. The errors disappeared.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 2
Skyhigh1870.50
fe7565528.50
      09-25-2021, 12:45 AM   #15
Kzn14d
Rep
Drives: F31 320d

Hi guys,
Sorry for replaying to a post so old :-)
I need to retrofit a mirror with Homelink into a F31 EU ( I live in Italy).
Can anyone remember the exact code to be retrofitted if the mirror comes form USA?
I need that Homelink can operate with 433mhz frequenze.
Thanks in advance,
Andrea
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 11:06 AM   #16
jmrluke
Rep
Drives: f30 318da

Thanks for the link! Appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 01:02 PM   #17
kikokbg
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by damwie View Post
Hello guys,
I know that the topic is old,, but I registered here only for this answer (maybe not?). I spent few hours finding any solution to delete the errors: D90D25 and D90D2D. I have an F15, but it should be a similar to F30 and other BMWs. I have found two variable in BDC which must be changed to FF.

BDC BODY
3120 PfInternalMirror

PF_INMI_LIN_VAR -> set to nicht_aktiv (werte=FF)

PF_UGDO_LIN_VAR -> set to nicht_aktiv (werte=FF)

That's all - Now the BDC_BODY module will not check 'the mirror' and 'the universal gate door opening' variants anymore. The errors disappeared.

Enjoy!
Thanks for your directions! With them I have managed to properly code my retrofitted mirror. Instead of disabling the mirror checks, I have coded it properly with the following values in:

BDC BODY - >3120 PfInternalMirror

Note - UGDO stands for Universal Garage Door Opener

PF_INMI_LIN_VAR - ISP_G_EC_DWA_UGDO_ECE_IR // the value here should correspond to the retrofitted mirror. Mine is electro cromatic (EC) with alarm LED (DWA), homelink (UGDO) and complies with the Europen frequencies (ECE)

UGDO - aktiv // this is self explanatory

UGDO_COUNTRY - Rest of europe // the value here should correspond to the area where you live. If your country is in the list go ahead and select it, otherwise select more generic area (like in my case)

PF_UGDO_LIN_VAR - ece // the value specifies the region (ECE or US)
Appreciate 4
fe7565528.50
ngl118.00
      05-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #18
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikokbg View Post
Thanks for your directions! With them I have managed to properly code my retrofitted mirror. Instead of disabling the mirror checks, I have coded it properly with the following values in:

BDC BODY - >3120 PfInternalMirror

Note - UGDO stands for Universal Garage Door Opener

PF_INMI_LIN_VAR - ISP_G_EC_DWA_UGDO_ECE_IR // the value here should correspond to the retrofitted mirror. Mine is electro cromatic (EC) with alarm LED (DWA), homelink (UGDO) and complies with the Europen frequencies (ECE)

UGDO - aktiv // this is self explanatory

UGDO_COUNTRY - Rest of europe // the value here should correspond to the area where you live. If your country is in the list go ahead and select it, otherwise select more generic area (like in my case)

PF_UGDO_LIN_VAR - ece // the value specifies the region (ECE or US)
kikokbg

The ISP_G_EC_DWA_UGDO_ECE_IR option is not available for me. Do you have the “werte” code for me?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 10:13 AM   #19
kikokbg
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by squixs View Post
kikokbg

The ISP_G_EC_DWA_UGDO_ECE_IR option is not available for me. Do you have the “werte” code for me?
squixs , sorry for the late answer.

The corresponding Werte value for ISP_G_EC_DWA_UGDO_ECE_IR is 18
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 04:40 PM   #20
Rishik31
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i LCI

F30 frameless mirror with garage opener

Hi guys,

Check this link. I managed to get this mirror with 3 buttons delivered to UK and fitted. I will test with my new liftmaster myq door opener and update. But mirror looks amazing!

https://www.schmiedmann.co.uk/en/bmw...1-16-2-471-107

Rish
Appreciate 0