F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Renewing Connected Drive online
Extreme Powerhouse

01-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Renewing Connected Drive online

The 3 year complimentary Connected Drive subscription that came with my car will expire next month. I've decided that the ability to send addresses to the nav system is worth the annual cost, so I'm trying to renew my subscription using the "ConnectedDrive Portal" at bmwusa.com/MyBMWConnectedDrive (as instructed by the postcard that they sent me).

Call me stupid, but I cannot figure out how to do this on the web site. Worse, their "customer care" team (after waiting 3 days for a response) says that it can be done, but they can't tell me how. Apparently I'm suppised to make an appointment with a "genius" at my local dealership to receive this ultra-secret information.

Anyone here figured out how to do this?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 08:51 AM   #2
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

When I got my car, I got a fancy little booklet in the mail, with a web address on how to log in to see my services, etc.

Every address in that booklet was a dead link with no redirect on the bmw.ca website. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #3
mbskoda
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xdrive

I called about mine last month to renew ,but did not pay because i was thinking about it and was not sure if I really need it, than when I decided to renew I called back again and the gentleman told me that i was good for another year.I sad :"Thank you" .
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipilcher View Post
The 3 year complimentary Connected Drive subscription that came with my car will expire next month. I've decided that the ability to send addresses to the nav system is worth the annual cost, so I'm trying to renew my subscription using the "ConnectedDrive Portal" at bmwusa.com/MyBMWConnectedDrive (as instructed by the postcard that they sent me).

Call me stupid, but I cannot figure out how to do this on the web site. Worse, their "customer care" team (after waiting 3 days for a response) says that it can be done, but they can't tell me how. Apparently I'm suppised to make an appointment with a "genius" at my local dealership to receive this ultra-secret information.

Anyone here figured out how to do this?
iPitcher,
I had to renew both my Real Time Traffic Info & Connected Services (I'm with you -- it's worth it to be able to send car addresses).

You can either call BMW Assist: (888) 333-6118; or go the this site:https://connecteddrive.bmwusa.com/cd...n?locale=en_US

The first time I went to the site I had to create login credentials (ID and password), but I used that site to renew mine -- and I just checked it and it works fine, at least in US.

Hope that helps

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 10:32 PM   #5
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive Sport Line

Are there any new apps or anything? Last time mine was active was last year and i remember there being weather, parking lot finder, yelp, news and something else. Any other "cool" factors?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 08:16 AM   #6
oldtexasdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550I X Drive

I just got my notification and am wondering if it is worth it or not? Thoughts?
Appreciate 0