F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Sports Car - specs, sketch & teaser photo/video
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

08-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #67
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

OK. I ask the question why do you think BMW needs a competitor for the Audi R8? What are your reasons for why BMW should interpret a car that is at it's best a rebodied Lamborghini Gallardo with a less prestigious badge?

Answers incorporating the word image do not count , because BMW has had a repuation for building drivers car ever since. And that image has not faltered yet. So "For image purpose" answers do not count.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #68
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
OK. I ask the question why do you think BMW needs a competitor for the Audi R8? What are your reasons for why BMW should interpret a car that is at it's best a rebodied Lamborghini Gallardo with a less prestigious badge?

Answers incorporating the word image do not count , because BMW has had a repuation for building drivers car ever since. And that image has not faltered yet. So "For image purpose" answers do not count.
+11111

But i still want that M1 hommage to come out as an asswhooping car, it's just something we want so we can be even prouder about our own car, call it bragging rights (so basicly, yes, it's to shut up some of the cocky owners of other brands )

edit : speaking of which... design sketch actually looks like a smaller M1 hommage. Really hope they don't do to the M1 concept what they did to the CS, take bits and pieces of it and stick it on the other models. They look good, but once you know where it's coming from, you just still want that concept car
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #69
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post
As i'm reading it, its a 3 cylinder engine combined with TWO ELECTRIC ENGINES. Thats a whole lot of power combined. Take a look over the ActiveHybrid X6 and 7 Series which run on a similar setup, they are putting out some very large horsepower figures when the electric motors are running in combination with the gasoline engine. In this case, BMW have cut the cylinders down to 3, but the car itself is alot smaller and a whole lot lighter then an X6 or a 7 Series. Seems like a nice direction for BMW IMO, I'd rather BMW go more towards a Lotus philosophy of car building (light vehicles that don't necesitate big engines) rather then trying to build a big engine to match a heavy car.
Don't forget the batteries weight a ton. Tesla S weights 3800lbs, that's not light weight by any means. They need enough power from those battery to last at least 300miles and on a SUV which already carries a lot of weight. Until there's a leap frog in battery technology I don't it as the permanent solution.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #70
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

The concept car is interesting, but I am just not sure that there is all that much to get carried away about. All we have so far is the usual corporate method for generating excitement aimed at an increase in sales. The configuration of the concept car as shown in the thread is not unique - it is based on one of the well known architectures for building a modern hybrid. Without doubt all the major car companies are testing something similar. To me, opinions in the thread are more interesting than the sketch of the car, since they reflect ideas of those who have invested money into the BMW, and care about the company. In the thread, few question the ability of BMW to produce a car of the future, but many might be writing their opinion while worrying about the reliability of the HPFP in their present car.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #71
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Has not faltered "YET" is the keyword. What is shelf life of "ultimate driving machine" without concretely reinforcing itself as a driver's car. I am sure someone at marketing has done that research. The dynamics are already shifting as seen from the slogan changed from "ultimate driving machine" to "we are creators of emotion," or "efficient dynamics." Emotions can be created through many means or serendipitously created through marketing.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #72
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

WOW! It's 10X better than I though it was going to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #73
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
this thing better be more than just a vision and make it to production. sign me up!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #74
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Has not faltered "YET" is the keyword. What is shelf life of "ultimate driving machine" without concretely reinforcing itself as a driver's car. I am sure someone at marketing has done that research. The dynamics are already shifting as seen from the slogan changed from "ultimate driving machine" to "we are creators of emotion," or "efficient dynamics." Emotions can be created through many means or serendipitously created through marketing.
Yes!!!! Finally someone with reason.
      08-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #75
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
Yes!!!! Finally someone with reason.
2nd that ! Always feel ackward reading the new slogans
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #76
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

Wanna know what about this excites me the most? The idea of a light-weight body
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #77
BLITZ
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E34 525i M-Technik

One thing its missing........................................... ...................

This

I don't want none this pansy save the earth hybrid. I want a great big fire breathing sports car that produces lots of Co2.
      08-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #78
deadfresh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 330Ci

Name:  concept1.jpg
Views: 4910
Size:  111.7 KB

Name:  concept2.jpg
Views: 4722
Size:  108.0 KB

Name:  concept3.jpg
Views: 5714
Size:  75.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #79
305e92
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW 335i

OMG this puts BMW ahead in the game. This is the BMW I missed.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #80
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

CONTINUE DISCUSSIONS HERE -->

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296845 (Official Press Pics and Release)
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread