F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > UPD 5062 to the Rescue!
GetBMWParts

02-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
UPD 5062 to the Rescue!

Hi,

I have 2014 F30 with Tech package; also have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. Bought a media Snap-in Adaptor to put the phone in on long trips. Until recently, it was hit or miss to get the Connected Drive Apps or even the phone itself to work on the iDrive.

Recently, I downloaded and installed UPD 5062, which brings my iDrive software up to:
  • Media: MN-2.255.60
  • Telephone: TN-2.255.60

Here's what I have done to have phone and car work very well together:
  • I un-paired my car and phone & then re-paired them
  • On my phone, I tapped SETTINGS, MORE, LOCATION, MY PLACES, CAR, BLUETOOTH
  • I turn on phone's Bluetooth before I enter car

On long trips, I add the following: On my phone, I open the BMW ConnectedDrive App and put the phone in the snap-in media adaptor in the center console. This allows the phone to:
  • Be charged
  • Use the car's antenna
  • Add Connected Drive Apps (like Phone's calendar & RSS reader)

Regardless of whether the phone is in the snap-in adaptor or not, whenever I get a phone call, it comes across the car's sound system & IU use the phone button on the steering wheel; additionally, I can make outgoing calls by using the car's voice command CALL XXXX

If phone is in the snap-in adaptor, when I get a text (SMS) message, S Voice tells me who it is from and can read it too me, in addition to diplaying an unopened envelope on the upper right hand corner of the iDrive screen. Still can not get EMail to integrate with car, however.

Now, all I have to figure out is how to S Voice to be a little more understandable -- it is a female almost un-intelligible computer-generated voice -- if anyone has any ideas I welcome them.

BTW, I also keep my iPod classic plugged into the USB port (in the center console) and it works very well with album art and all.

Really does work quite well
Hope that helps someone else

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0