F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Can I switch out F30 seats for larger?
Studio RSR

02-06-2016, 07:01 AM   #23
bovino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36, 2017 i3 REx

I'm quite large, unfortunately, and I find the seats over time conform a bit. I came from a Lexus and they felt so super tight in my old F30 but got used to them and by the time I got into the F36 sport seats it felt fine. I do take the bolsters out to the widest setting. Heck, I test drove a 235i because I thought I'd be able to hit the lease timing for an M2...which I didn't...but point is I was even fine in a 2 series. I weigh more than you. Part of it may be your expectation of "wide open spaces." I always felt like I was pinched instead of like sitting with room all around. If you don't ever want to feel the seat, that won't be the case, by design not just by your size, but you may find in time you adjust to the seat and that the seat adjusts to you.

My personal unscientific opinion is that you need to set up your seats properly for your back and see if that solves the back issues, while setting your mind to a place where it acclimatizes to the seat size. Watch the video above, I did and it made a world of difference for something so simple. In time I would bet you feel just fine.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 04:17 AM   #24
sebastrulas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335I M///SPORT

F30 Bucket Seats

Was looking at BRAUM seats for my F30 and need to know if the BRAUM brackets for an F32/33 could also fit on my F30
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #25
Theo12848
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

Will bmw e90 seats fit into a bmw f30
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 11:01 PM   #26
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Tilt front of seat UP, rear of the seat DOWN, being a taller guy myself, you get better thigh support from this. Your Welcome.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 04:20 AM   #27
bellguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 440I M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I'm 5'8", 148 lbs and I've never had a problem with the non-sport seat and I've never felt like I was too small for it. My guess is with the seat adjusted better, as in the video above, you can get it to where you don't feel as if you're going to slide out.

I'm an oddball, in more ways than one , but the first thing I do when I adjust my seat is raise it as high or almost as high as it will go. This is one thought where Chris Harris and I have different opinions. He likes to sit as low as possible. In his videos he always looks like he can barely see over the dash.

a.r.e.a. - apparently F30Post thinks that's a dirty word.
Hahaha, I sound exactly the same as you lol, even to the odd ball bit lol, same height and very close weight wise, only issue I had with my sports seats in my 440i was getting the front movable leg bolster in the right position, my legs and hips ached badly until I found the sweet spot, now I wouldn’t change them for anything, long or short trips I get out feeling just fine.
As had been said, play around with the adjustments as you should find the sweet spot you need.
Appreciate 0