F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Going to Iraq, should i keep the in production e90?
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

12-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #45
ABR
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
This is sad thread.
      12-12-2005, 11:22 PM   #46
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Please keep the discussion on-topic (regarding the original poster's question). Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 02:16 AM   #47
lxapilot118
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i + SC Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wla10000
Flame me if you like, but I don't know where the positive sentiment this thread is getting from. Iraq is the most dangerous place to be in right now. Don't "salute" or "praise" him for going to an unjustified war. US (people) didn't start the war, Bush did. Ricechen is not serving the country, he is serving Bush's peronal revenge on Saddam, period. :mad: :mad: :mad:

God ricechen.
I'd just like to make a reminder that even as WWII was ending and the public knew about concentration/death camps, the majority of the public was opposed to the war. Nowadays, if asked whether we should have fought in WWII, the answer is usually yes, because "6 million Jews and national prisoners were murdered." How is that too far from Saddam's murder of not 6, but 8 million of his people?? If it was justified then, why not now?
      12-13-2005, 02:18 AM   #48
lxapilot118
Second Lieutenant
Rep

On topic, I did the ED because I could get it cheaper than I could with the military sales. I'd definitely cancel the order.
      12-13-2005, 03:17 AM   #49
SPoNGeBoB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 911 Tur Boat

Garage List
@007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechen
Hey guys,

I know this may be off topic a tad but i have a dilemma and wanted to know what you guys would do. I have a 325i in production and is awaiting a ship to transport here to the US. ETA is about first or second week of January.

Now, here's the thing. I'm in the Army Reserves and I just got called to be deployed to Iraq. Date of deployment: Jan 29. Length of time there: 1 year to 1.5 years.

My question is: Should i keep or finalize the purchase when my car comes in or should i just say No, i can't buy it and just leave it for a year. This way i can wait for the '07 model. However, I really want to at least have this car. Such a hard dilemma. It's not like the car won't be used and sitting in my driveway. My parents will most likely drive it. Which isn't a good thing considering they know little to nothing about cars...and with any problems...i'd be pissed when i get back.

What do you guys think I should do?

Cancel and get it when you return. It'll be a much better car regardless if its 325, 330, 335, 350, 370, 374, 365, 399, etc.

Return safely.

... Oct 16th 2006
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 03:54 AM   #50
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
I'm in the Army too! Save your money for now and wait till you get back. Atleast this way you can save up for mods or a bigger down payment and lower monthly payment. Schedule your R&R and do a ED if you really want it bad enough. Good luck out there and watch your 6!
      12-13-2005, 04:08 AM   #51
HAdi
Dodi
Rep
Drives: Audi S4 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechen
Hey guys,

I know this may be off topic a tad but i have a dilemma and wanted to know what you guys would do. I have a 325i in production and is awaiting a ship to transport here to the US. ETA is about first or second week of January.

Now, here's the thing. I'm in the Army Reserves and I just got called to be deployed to Iraq. Date of deployment: Jan 29. Length of time there: 1 year to 1.5 years.

My question is: Should i keep or finalize the purchase when my car comes in or should i just say No, i can't buy it and just leave it for a year. This way i can wait for the '07 model. However, I really want to at least have this car. Such a hard dilemma. It's not like the car won't be used and sitting in my driveway. My parents will most likely drive it. Which isn't a good thing considering they know little to nothing about cars...and with any problems...i'd be pissed when i get back.

What do you guys think I should do?
man idont wanna sound bad,but the Question is would be able to comeback alive and enjoy your life or not???,forget about the BMW now,all you should think about is whethere your going to comeback in box or injured or whatever the situation,,US are in deep shit in iraq and no one knows what will happend..and what you are going to fight for huh?..ask your self again before you step in further..and dont tell me your serving your country,your just serving couple people!
      12-13-2005, 04:10 AM   #52
HAdi
Dodi
Rep
Drives: Audi S4 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxapilot118
I'd just like to make a reminder that even as WWII was ending and the public knew about concentration/death camps, the majority of the public was opposed to the war. Nowadays, if asked whether we should have fought in WWII, the answer is usually yes, because "6 million Jews and national prisoners were murdered." How is that too far from Saddam's murder of not 6, but 8 million of his people?? If it was justified then, why not now?
wow ,i think this is the definition of IDIOT!
      12-13-2005, 05:15 AM   #53
jocamryn
Major
Rep
Drives: 23X4M40i/24X2(In Paint Booth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosblau
Oh, and If I were in your shoes, I'd show up in a dress or confess to being a homosexual.

I'd rather sit in a jail cell or surrender my citizenship than participate in that criminal war.

Some stand in front of the flag while others hide behind it.

You serve your buddy next to you, it's not about politics, but how would posters like this even BEGIN to understand. They go about their insulated lives drinking their latte's whining about how it is too hot or cold, while soldiers are out there serving their country (not an individual).

We knew the inherent risk of the profession we chose.

Back to Topic: Wait till you get back, all the bugs and issues that our fellow posters are writing about should mostly be worked out by the time you get back.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 06:17 AM   #54
lxapilot118
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAdi
How do you figure?
      12-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #55
nrg09
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: honda& proud of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAdi
Yes please explain how you figure...

Click here to view the most horrific mod and most hilarious thread ever!!

|O /\/\ \rrrr/
|O/rrrr\ \/\/
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2005, 08:55 AM   #56
nrg09
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: honda& proud of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosblau
Oh, and If I were in your shoes, I'd show up in a dress or confess to being a homosexual.

I'd rather sit in a jail cell or surrender my citizenship than participate in that criminal war.
wow.....makes me so proud to be an American.......

Click here to view the most horrific mod and most hilarious thread ever!!

|O /\/\ \rrrr/
|O/rrrr\ \/\/
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread