F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > ESM-004 tires springs TPMS and brake clearance
proTUNING Freaks

11-29-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
motlking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

ESM-004 tires springs TPMS and brake clearance

Hey guys,

just pulled the trigger on a set of ESM-004R with the following specs:
19x8.5 ET35 cb 72.6
19x9.0 ET40 cb 72.6

just had a few questions for people who are running these or may just know

1) My OEM 403m 19" tires have plenty of tread left
I believe they are 225/40R19 and 255/35R19. Could I reuse these on the new wheels or are they not ideal?

2) I have H&R Sport Springs which haven't been installed yet, I assume these will be fine with the new wheel setup?

3) ESM said the wheels are TPMS compatible but I know others have had issues at least with the 20" ones. Can I just reuse the current TPMS sensors?

4) I have OEM M-Sport brakes (blue ones). Would the wheels clear them fine? (I know 20" ones won't clear the rear but not sure about these 19s)

I guess I will know the answer to these soon enough but thought I could pre-prepare if I come across any issues.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 02:35 AM   #2
motlking
Private First Class
Rep

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by motlking View Post
Hey guys,

just pulled the trigger on a set of ESM-004R with the following specs:
19x8.5 ET35 cb 72.6
19x9.0 ET40 cb 72.6

just had a few questions for people who are running these or may just know

1) My OEM 403m 19" tires have plenty of tread left
I believe they are 225/40R19 and 255/35R19. Could I reuse these on the new wheels or are they not ideal?

2) I have H&R Sport Springs which haven't been installed yet, I assume these will be fine with the new wheel setup?

3) ESM said the wheels are TPMS compatible but I know others have had issues at least with the 20" ones. Can I just reuse the current TPMS sensors?

4) I have OEM M-Sport brakes (blue ones). Would the wheels clear them fine? (I know 20" ones won't clear the rear but not sure about these 19s)

I guess I will know the answer to these soon enough but thought I could pre-prepare if I come across any issues.

Thanks!
I have the exact same wheels.

1) Those will work. But you can go way more aggressive if you like that sort of thing I have 235/35R19 for fronts and 275/30R19 for the rears. Since you are lowering, looks better if you have meatier, lower-profile tires, but that's just my opinion.
2) Should be fine as well.

3) I never had to mess with that as the car came with the wheels/tires. The TPMS work well with them, although I don't know if they were the OEM TPMS sensors or new ones. If I had to do it, I would get new ones just in case, but again, that's me.

4) don't know about this, but can't see it would be an issue

You also might want to consider spacers to push the tires/wheels out more to get flush. The stock specs on the ESM-004R is pretty conservative, but again, just a matter of taste. I posted to this thread some before and after pics of my spacers so that you can see the difference that it makes.

Last edited by squidlyboy; 12-03-2015 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 03:06 AM   #4
motlking
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
I have the exact same wheels.

1) Those will work. But you can go way more aggressive if you like that sort of thing I have 235/35R19 for fronts and 275/30R19 for the rears. Since you are lowering, looks better if you have meatier, lower-profile tires, but that's just my opinion.
2) Should be fine as well.

3) I never had to mess with that as the car came with the wheels/tires. The TPMS work well with them, although I don't know if they were the OEM TPMS sensors or new ones. If I had to do it, I would get new ones just in case, but again, that's me.

4) don't know about this, but can't see it would be an issue

You also might want to consider spacers to push the tires/wheels out more to get flush. The stock specs on the ESM-004R is pretty conservative, but again, just a matter of taste. I posted to this thread some before and after pics of my spacers so that you can see the difference that it makes.

Thanks mate you're a legend!

Now would anyone know where the best place to source new TPMS sensors?
Appreciate 0