F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > PPK Install Problems: Early November Build Issue?
Studio RSR

07-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #23
JamesMA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Early July 2012 german build here with old DME - took delevry Aug 2012. Expirienced "limp" mode a few times but it never threw a code. PPK install mid-April 2012. I was told it took much longer than expected to get to install but dealer held to labor quote and i get a new DME. Very happy with performance, but limp mode goes nuts on me so after i get the car back.

Car also starts having a weird RPM drop when coming to a stop and releasing clutch, like it is going to stall - sometimes it actually stalls. I have been driving manuals a long time, but I still think it might be me at first, but dealer reproduces the effect no problem.

Car finally throws a limp mode code so they can fix it and they do in May and set about trying to fix RPM issue. After 10 days they eventually decide it is a bad DME.

Was told a week for the new DME back in May. Last week i was told back orderd to July. Something is definitely up, but SA shared emails he got from BMW NA and if they know, they are doing a good job playing dumb. Te goes back to Germany.

Gone: 2018 F80 ///M3 ZCP 6 MT, 2013 F30 335i 6MT M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #24
F555
Captain
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F30 - 335i

That's explained why my MPPK still not here.. 2 months of waiting
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #25
NordicBob
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 Sapphire Black metallic

Any luck yet for pre November 2012 F30 DME?

I brought my September 2012 build F30 M Sport to my dealer on Monday to have the MPPK installed. They told me that they had the correct kit per my Vin # so all was go until I got a call from them yesterday with bad news that the DME was not included with the MPPK kit. They checked with BMW USA who told them that the DME is backordered so I am added to the list.

Has anyone who has an F30 build before November 2012 been able to get their DME from BMW USA yet who has been patiently waiting for it?
      07-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #26
gigibombom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Sorry to hear that. I placed my order on 6/19 and still no luck on receiving it anytime soon. I guess this has not only to do with the new DME but also the update they are going to make on the N55(MPPK is halt for post 11/2012 production as well I heard due to the update) . To be optimistic, I would hope they will come up with the update that benefits pre-11/2012 production as well. The things that worries me is that BMW will totally ignore pre-11/2012 production and giving up on us due to we are the small group of it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBob View Post
I brought my September 2012 build F30 M Sport to my dealer on Monday to have the MPPK installed. They told me that they had the correct kit per my Vin # so all was go until I got a call from them yesterday with bad news that the DME was not included with the MPPK kit. They checked with BMW USA who told them that the DME is backordered so I am added to the list.

Has anyone who has an F30 build before November 2012 been able to get their DME from BMW USA yet who has been patiently waiting for it?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #27
NordicBob
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigibombom View Post
Sorry to hear that. I placed my order on 6/19 and still no luck on receiving it anytime soon. I guess this has not only to do with the new DME but also the update they are going to make on the N55(MPPK is halt for post 11/2012 production as well I heard due to the update) . To be optimistic, I would hope they will come up with the update that benefits pre-11/2012 production as well. The things that worries me is that BMW will totally ignore pre-11/2012 production and giving up on us due to we are the small group of it....
Thanks for the info, but sorry to hear about the discontinuation of all MPPKs for now. Like you, I will try to be optimistic regarding the pre 11/2012 production N55 MPPKs. I did not know that the N55 had a MPPK until I read the MT review of the 335xi that had it. Bad timing on my part

Do you know or anyone have any idea what changes that are going to be made to the N55? It appears that BMW tends to be pretty mum about these kind of things.

Again thanks for the reply and good luck to both of us.
      07-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #28
gigibombom
Enlisted Member
Rep

check here http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866096

not so sure about the update but some had mentioned about it was related to the "limp mode".

Quote:
Thanks for the info, but sorry to hear about the discontinuation of all MPPKs for now. Like you, I will try to be optimistic regarding the pre 11/2012 production N55 MPPKs. I did not know that the N55 had a MPPK until I read the MT review of the 335xi that had it. Bad timing on my part

Do you know or anyone have any idea what changes that are going to be made to the N55? It appears that BMW tends to be pretty mum about these kind of things.

Again thanks for the reply and good luck to both of us.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #29
gigibombom
Enlisted Member
Rep

my order which is placed on 6/19 is finally shipped and should be here on 8/19. But at the same time I heard BMW discontinue the MPPK until later this year for engine update. Now this gets me worried what will come in the package....anyone has any news from you SA about the kits?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #30
NordicBob
Private
Rep

Quote:
my order which is placed on 6/19 is finally shipped and should be here on 8/19. But at the same time I heard BMW discontinue the MPPK until later this year for engine update. Now this gets me worried what will come in the package....anyone has any news from you SA about the kits?
I was in touch with my dealer yesterday. I was told that the DME for my VIN# has been programmed in Germany and being shipped. It was expected at the middle of this month but has not arrived yet. "Expected any day now," I was told. We'll see
      08-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #31
gigibombom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the update. Lets hope the installation will fly this time.

Quote:
I was in touch with my dealer yesterday. I was told that the DME for my VIN# has been programmed in Germany and being shipped. It was expected at the middle of this month but has not arrived yet. "Expected any day now," I was told. We'll see
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 02:05 AM   #32
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Mine was a December 2012 build and did not require a new dme. Less than an hour to install.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #33
NordicBob
Private
Rep

Quote:
Let me know when you get your DME and it's up and running. I do the same. Good luck

Thanks
      08-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #34
jrsx86
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 335i M Sport

My service tech friend told me last Friday that my PPK finally came in (after 2+ months of waiting). Not sure if I want to schedule that appointment to get it installed yet. Anything new/changed with the PPK? I saw the thread about the engine update and was wondering if anyone knows anything about that.
      08-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #35
JamesMA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
FWIW, I was told the same thing basically by my SA last week. I am not holding by breath either.

Gone: 2018 F80 ///M3 ZCP 6 MT, 2013 F30 335i 6MT M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #36
gigibombom
Enlisted Member
Rep

I am thinking about the same thing too. The PPK for the 4 series has more HP. Not sure if the update has anything to do with it. But still not sure if for our production date would benefit from it or not. I have my kits ready after a long wait and think if I should hold off for that as well. anyone please shed some light and suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsx86 View Post
My service tech friend told me last Friday that my PPK finally came in (after 2+ months of waiting). Not sure if I want to schedule that appointment to get it installed yet. Anything new/changed with the PPK? I saw the thread about the engine update and was wondering if anyone knows anything about that.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #37
F555
Captain
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Any update on this?
dealer called me two days ago that my MPPK is here & it comes with new DME.
the car also receive new update required.
drop my car yesterday & got a call today that the car is not taking the Power Kit
so finally the Dealer gave up & called BMW Indonesia Factory to get a BMW Specialize technician to try to fix the problem.. let just hope they'll get it up & working.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #38
jrsx86
Private
United_States
Rep

Looks like im getting my PPK installed next Tuesday. Hopefully things go smoothly this time. I'll keep you guys update. I can't find further information on an engine update, but I'll ask my service tech friend if he knows anything about that.
      08-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #39
boomn29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomn29 View Post
Bought my car in Oct/2012 so obviously the older DME. Parts on order...
Got a call from the dealer last Friday - my upgrade parts are in! Dropped the car off this morning and heard at 4:30pm that it was ready to go. I had them swap in some TPMS sensors too, so I'll be picking it up in the morning!

1 day; happy with that!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #40
jrsx86
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Got a call from the dealer last Friday - my upgrade parts are in! Dropped the car off this morning and heard at 4:30pm that it was ready to go. I had them swap in some TPMS sensors too, so I'll be picking it up in the morning!

1 day; happy with that!
Good to hear! I will be swapping in a new DME as well. Hope to finish up same day!
      08-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #41
gigibombom
Enlisted Member
Rep

congrats!! i finally pull the trigger and schedule next Monday to install. The advisor i spoke to doesnt seem to know much about it but anyway, i will hope for the best. Did they mention they run into any obstacle or do they have any previous experience on it? i think i am really getting paranoid on this. will keep u all update.

Quote:

1 day; happy with that!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #42
NordicBob
Private
Rep

Quote:

1 day; happy with that!
Thats great news. Let us know how it turns out.

No word from my dealer yet about the DME
      08-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #43
BTT 335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M Sport- F30 M Sport

Hello guys, ths is my history.
My car is 04/12 build,I ordered the MPPK in june 13 and arrived in august 16, two months later, in august 19 I drope off the car in the dealer to install very early in the morning, in the afternoon the manager call me and told me, we have problems whit the car and the new DME is not accepting the car and you can not pick up the car today we send a messege to the BMWNA and we have to wait for the answer, five days later the manager call me back and say the problem is not the DME, the problem is the cd programer, now we have to wait for a new cd that comes from Germany, and he said, the cd is going to be here monday 26 and see if it works.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 03:47 AM   #44
F555
Captain
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTT 335i View Post
Hello guys, ths is my history.
My car is 04/12 build,I ordered the MPPK in june 13 and arrived in august 16, two months later, in august 19 I drope off the car in the dealer to install very early in the morning, in the afternoon the manager call me and told me, we have problems whit the car and the new DME is not accepting the car and you can not pick up the car today we send a messege to the BMWNA and we have to wait for the answer, five days later the manager call me back and say the problem is not the DME, the problem is the cd programer, now we have to wait for a new cd that comes from Germany, and he said, the cd is going to be here monday 26 and see if it works.
And will that 100% solve the problem?
I'm desperately need a solution for these mppk crap
Appreciate 0