F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Considering a B7 RS4 as a daily driver
Extreme Powerhouse

07-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #45
Dthltm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i / Deep Sea Blue on Taupe

I can tell you that the CEO of the Fortune 500 company I work at has had his RS4 as his daily driver for 5+ years here in Dallas. He could pay cash for basically any car there is...so that says something to me.
Appreciate 1
Mr Pete1596.50
      07-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #46
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
*Caveat* - I bought mine new in '06 and sold the car in '08 so it has been a while. It wasn't my DD, but I drove it 16k during my ownership.

Obviously since I had the car before the major issues began to appear, my experience was, well, wonderful. Out of all the cars I've had and are in my stable now, it remains the only car that put a smile on my face every single time. THAT MOTOR when combined with a Milltek Non-Res Exhaust does dirty, dirty things. The day I took delivery, 2 of my neighbors including Tony Kanaan went and purchased the two demo units for themselves.

On to the other bits. Besides the Carbon Build-up, look out for the DRC Suspension if it hasn't been swapped for coil-overs. It will leak. The condition of the Carbon Fiber Engine Covers is a good indicator as to what kind of care it has received. If they're green, then someone stored them carefully off the car. If they're red and deformed, the hood probably wasn't opened often.

Rear Seat room is extremely tight due to the US Front Seats. The headrest do not adjust. If you don't need a sunroof, try to find a rare sunroof delete car. It makes a significant difference in handling. '08 introduced the Red Audi Exclusive Interior after my personal persistence for 10 months.

If you need any background info on potential candidates, I still have all my records including the complete history of every US car through at least the original owner. Don't hesitate to ask.

Did that (had both at the same time). The R8 (V8 6MT) was a more well rounded car then the Gallardo SE it replaced, but the RS4 just had a very special character to it.
Awesome, thank you for your post! And if you don't mind, I have a few vins for some info. Sending PM your way!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 10:50 AM   #47
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

One of my good friends has one. I really like the car. The only watchout I can think of is carbon cleaning. Get used to it, it's going to need it.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #48
Jdub679
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe M Sport

Quote:
Rear Seat room is extremely tight due to the US Front Seats. The headrest do not adjust. If you don't need a sunroof, try to find a rare sunroof delete car. It makes a significant difference in handling. '08 introduced the Red Audi Exclusive Interior after my personal persistence for 10 months.
I can personally say that most people that rode in my car couldn't quite wrap their head around what they basically thought was an expensive A4 (but hey, not everyone is a car nut), but EVERY person that saw my interior complimented it.

Are you involved with Quattro Gmbh? Or whatever it's called these days.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #49
Jdub679
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDadMobile View Post
So I got a chance to drive one. It was a higher mileage one, pretty beat up interior. Exterior looked like the previous owner liked to drive through a forest once a week, lots of scratches on paint everywhere.

But holy shit, that engine!!! It pulls so smoothly, exhaust sounds so silky smooth. Gearbox was much smoother than my subaru that's for sure. It's definitely not as fast as my M4, but it was a joy to rev it out. I can't stop thinking about how amazing it sounds. It sounds better than the E92 M3 I test drove a couple years back.

I want one....
Sounds like my first experience as well. Funny thing is, when I went into the Audi dealership that day, it was for an S5. The dealer told me that that was the last RS4 that they would receive for 08 (maybe true maybe not). Next thing I know, I'm signing papers for an RS4. Agree with your comparison with the E92 M3, which tends to sound more "tinny" or metallic, imo.
Appreciate 1
Mr Pete1596.50
      07-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #50
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub679 View Post
I can personally say that most people that rode in my car couldn't quite wrap their head around what they basically thought was an expensive A4 (but hey, not everyone is a car nut), but EVERY person that saw my interior complimented it.

Are you involved with Quattro Gmbh? Or whatever it's called these days.
There's a story behind why red was chosen. Were you on AW/AZ/6speed/L4P back in '06-'10?

I was with Audi in several positions from 2001 - 2008. I was a dealer principal initially, a GM at another dealership, then worked as a consultant to corporate establishing the Audi Forums (the showrooms/client/VIP lounges), and brought Audi Exclusive to the US. I also had my own separate business' operating at the same time (automotive related mostly).

Last edited by lemetier; 07-27-2017 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 2
Jdub67987.50
Mr Pete1596.50
      07-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #51
Jdub679
Captain
Rep

Quote:
There's a story behind why red was chosen. Were you on AW/AZ/6speed/L4P back in '06-'10?

I was with Audi in several positions from 2001 - 2008. I was a dealer principal initially, a GM at another dealership, then worked as a consultant to corporate establishing the Audi Forums (the showrooms/client/VIP lounges), and brought Audi Exclusive to the US. I also had my own separate business' operating at the same time also (automotive related mostly).
No, I wasn't on any of those sites. I'd love to hear the story though.

Audi Exclusive was a big talking point at the dealer when I was test driving, from what I can remember.
Appreciate 0