F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > m deals are torturing me!
proTUNING Freaks

05-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #23
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
m deals are so good and 340i residuals seem to be holding well, I'm VERY tempted to get into an m3.

My only concern is mileage, who here runs an m3 for 20k miles / year? Wills2 ?
Yes me, well 30k per year, mine will be worth around 20k after 3 years if I'm lucky.

Any questions let me know, I'm on 73k at the moment.
stefan41083.50
JLR19691882.00
      05-17-2018, 12:06 PM   #24
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Fuck the man maths and get one bought. My M4 is awesome.
Appreciate 4
JustChris17518.50
Rukka2647.00
JLR19691882.00
t5pilot977.50
      05-17-2018, 12:07 PM   #25
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
I did just under 30k miles in mine in 18 months.

It really was a pleasure apart from the bi-weekly fuel visits for Tesco Momentum at £70 a pop.

It's not a cheap car to run at that mileage but it is an enjoyable one.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 2
JLR19691882.00
t5pilot977.50
      05-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #26
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgy View Post
Same here - deciding whether to pull the trigger on an M4. I have them at £4K down and £575 per month (based on 10k) for a car listing at just over £69k. I’m getting 11k off list (16%). I Will probably go zero down and up the monthly as it’s 0%. Will reduce mileage to 8k also, again as 0%, so will be looking at £649 ish per month no deposit.

Trade in for my 2 year old 440i with MPPSK is not great though. Will try tootle.
That deal looks good on paper but the F8x is utterly terrible for deprecation. If you buy that car for £58k as soon as you drive it out your trade in will be £46/47k if your lucky.

They are great cars but having had 2 (f82 &f80 comp packs) of which the first was rejected for problems I would not have another. Comp pack has a very firm ride, rattles like a box of Lego, sounds utterly crap ( even with an MPE) compared with the M2/440i etc and the traction in anything other than dry is comical. Also If you have a bad back the seats are terrible as there is no lumber.

However when you have the perfect day and you have it dialed up to the max they are epic. You forgot all the crap as it's just awesome to drive. But in the uk that's about 10% of the time.

Be 100% sure it's what you want because if you buy new and want to get out of it be prepared for a big hit.

I have now moved to AMG C63 and it's amazing, it's not the razor sharp tool that the M3 is but it's 98% there. Oh and then there is the noise

Here is a pic of my original M4
Attached Images

Rukka2647.00
JLR19691882.00
      05-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #27
BMWChap
Major
Rep
Drives: F32

Any deals on M2's
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #28
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWChap View Post
Any deals on M2's
Should be a few around and most I spoke to before buying the merc we're willing to do some good deals.
      05-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #29
higgy
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
That deal looks good on paper but the F8x is utterly terrible for deprecation. If you buy that car for £58k as soon as you drive it out your trade in will be £46/47k if your lucky.

They are great cars but having had 2 (f82 &f80 comp packs) of which the first was rejected for problems I would not have another. Comp pack has a very firm ride, rattles like a box of Lego, sounds utterly crap ( even with an MPE) compared with the M2/440i etc and the traction in anything other than dry is comical. Also If you have a bad back the seats are terrible as there is no lumber.

However when you have the perfect day and you have it dialed up to the max they are epic. You forgot all the crap as it's just awesome to drive. But in the uk that's about 10% of the time.

Be 100% sure it's what you want because if you buy new and want to get out of it be prepared for a big hit.

I have now moved to AMG C63 and it's amazing, it's not the razor sharp tool that the M3 is but it's 98% there. Oh and then there is the noise

Can you get a C63 for similar money, New or a year old etc vs M3/4 Comp? Never looked into Merc as pricing and finance looked a lot higher etc
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #30
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWChap View Post
Any deals on M2's
Yup loads, how does £399 a month sound? Hurry it's for the pre Competition models ... which sounds better as N55 but are down a bit on Hp and Nm.
Attached Images

05-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #31
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Can you get a C63 for similar money, New or a year old etc vs M3/4 Comp? Never looked into Merc as pricing and finance looked a lot higher etc
The C63 is a little more expensive however there is a lot less of them and they seem to hold their money a little better than the f8x.

I got around £10.5k off mine, it's a C63 non S with night pack, prem pack, met paint and the big wheels. 10k in and around £670 a month (10k miles)
Attached Images

05-17-2018, 03:05 PM   #32
harvs43
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 335d X Drive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The C63 is a little more expensive however there is a lot less of them and they seem to hold their money a little better than the f8x.

I got around £10.5k off mine, it's a C63 non S with night pack, prem pack, met paint and the big wheels. 10k in and around £670 a month (10k miles)
That's lovely !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #33
higgy
Private
Rep

Quote:

That is very nice indeed , but circa 11k more expensive vs M4 Comp (assuming yours is over 4 years)... plus I keep reading conflicting reports about which is more comfortable day to day.... maybe I will have a look. Broadspeed stating 17% off for c63 and c63s... looks like bmw 0% makes it a lot cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #34
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That is very nice indeed , but circa 11k more expensive vs M4 Comp (assuming yours is over 4 years)... plus I keep reading conflicting reports about which is more comfortable day to day.... maybe I will have a look. Broadspeed stating 17% off for c63 and c63s... looks like bmw 0% makes it a lot cheaper.
It's over 2 years not 4, it was about £15 per month more on 3 and over £700 on 4 years

100% c63 is more comfortable day to day than the comp pack. Andy on here will tell you the same thing. Personally I would have a standard M3/4 over the comp and it's nicer day to day

Also the C63 feels really special and a real occasion to drive
      05-18-2018, 03:04 AM   #35
MackM4Comp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition Pack

Evo magazine have M4 CP as the Best Coupe , 911GTS is second, I’ve just received the back order edition and I’m also awaiting the edition that group tested it against new RS5 and C63s, suffice to say it won that group test hands down
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 03:42 AM   #36
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

it's like this is destined to happen. The dealer I bought the car from text this morning saying they have a customer who wants to buy my car. It's probably some sales bs however I will follow it up!

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 05:34 AM   #37
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Or worse Scott, I have a friend in the trade that recently bought a 3 month old 67 plate mineral white M4 CP with CS wheels on 270 miles for £42k at auction (list was 70k), he retailed it for 46-47k IIRC sold within a week.

Although the same thing happened on the e92 M3 at the end they where giving them away and prices tumbled however now values are pretty strong.
      05-18-2018, 05:47 AM   #38
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
Or worse Scott, I have a friend in the trade that recently bought a 3 month old 67 plate mineral white M4 CP with CS wheels on 270 miles for £42k at auction (list was 70k), he retailed it for 46-47k IIRC sold within a week.

Although the same thing happened on the e92 M3 at the end they where giving them away and prices tumbled however now values are pretty strong.
Wow that is a big hit and just shows why I was talking about

You have to be 110% committed if you are going for a new one. If not you are going to get you pants pulled down when trying to get rid.

Personally I would buy a pre reg on 3.9%, might cost the same but you won't have such a big hit.

Do a search on autotrader and see how many M3/4 are for sale from 2016 onwards. It's quite frightening when you compare it with the other cars in the same class.
      05-18-2018, 06:35 AM   #39
lethbridge
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CP YMB

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CP  [10.00]
Quote:

You have to be 110% committed if you are going for a new one. If not you are going to get you pants pulled down when trying to get rid.

Personally I would buy a pre reg on 3.9%, might cost the same but you won't have such a big hit.

Do a search on autotrader and see how many M3/4 are for sale from 2016 onwards. It's quite frightening when you compare it with the other cars in the same class.
But if you do know you really want one & plan to run the PCP to term & hand it back or even VT then it is a non issue as the depreciation isn't your issue and you know exactly what your costs are. Take your point though - you need to be sure you want one & can live with it longer term as walking away early will cost you £20k - that's a costly mistake!!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 07:00 AM   #40
MackM4Comp
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

You need to look at overall cost including financing, it was cheaper for me to buy brand new with the discount and finance rates.

And why is everyone bashing the M4/3 for residuals??? They’re no different to any other car like that, you think your C63 won’t loose much money if you traded in a short space of time?? Really!!!

Anyway I know what I prefer having driven both and I know what looks better too. But each to their own
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #41
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackM4Comp View Post
Quote:

You need to look at overall cost including financing, it was cheaper for me to buy brand new with the discount and finance rates.

And why is everyone bashing the M4/3 for residuals??? They’re no different to any other car like that, you think your C63 won’t loose much money if you traded in a short space of time?? Really!!!

Anyway I know what I prefer having driven both and I know what looks better too. But each to their own
Unfortunately they are different, bmw have flooded the market and there are a load more on the way. There are so many pre reg around and there are hundreds for sale on the trader it's having an impact on prices. I know because I sold my 6 month old comp pack and took that hit. (It was better than most though)

Have a look at M3 cutters, there is a thread on there where loads of owners were talking about their trade ins and how bad they are.

I have owned both and the Merc is a better day to day car (in my opinion) I admit it's not as razor sharp as the CP but the trade off is the harsh ride The standard F8x is better as a day to day car but as we know didn't get great reviews in all the magazines.

All I am saying is you need to know what you are getting into, I so wanted to love my M car as I have been a BMW fan all my life. If you don't spend time in one and you go new and try and get out of it by it will hurt (more than most)

They are both very good cars however it's down to personal opinion which you prefer.
      05-18-2018, 07:26 AM   #42
lethbridge
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CP YMB

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackM4Comp View Post

Completely agree - I think the earlier points were just emphasising the big hit they take when you drive them off the forecourt - so make sure it is the car you want (whether an M, RS or AMG). In the longer term the residuals actually seem to be pretty good. A 4 year old car on 32k miles is supposedly worth c.£30k based on my PCP deal and they obviously aim to undervalue what the car would be worth then. It appears that they take a big hit on day one (so certainly a strong argument for nearly new if that is what you want AND if you can finance it cheaply) and from there they hold value well. I suspect the gap in production between now and the G80 will help the M3 values over the next 2 years. For me I know precisely what I want - M3 CP (nice as they are, AMG or RS don't do it for me) & I've got a deal I'm completely happy with plus buying on PCP means I have no risks on future value to worry about anyway - so roll on mid June when I collect it...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #43
MackM4Comp
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethbridge View Post
Completely agree - I think the earlier points were just emphasising the big hit they take when you drive them off the forecourt - so make sure it is the car you want (whether an M, RS or AMG). In the longer term the residuals actually seem to be pretty good. A 4 year old car on 32k miles is supposedly worth c.£30k based on my PCP deal and they obviously aim to undervalue what the car would be worth then. It appears that they take a big hit on day one (so certainly a strong argument for nearly new if that is what you want AND if you can finance it cheaply) and from there they hold value well. I suspect the gap in production between now and the G80 will help the M3 values over the next 2 years. For me I know precisely what I want - M3 CP (nice as they are, AMG or RS don't do it for me) & I've got a deal I'm completely happy with plus buying on PCP means I have no risks on future value to worry about anyway - so roll on mid June when I collect it...
Good for you matey, you’ll love it!! I love my Tanzanite Blue M4 CP
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #44
higgy
Private
Rep

After much deliberation I’ve just paid a deposit for a 67 plate M3 Comp in Sakir Orange. Great spec inc interior and exterior carbon packs and m performance wheel etc even has a 3 service pack £45k for a car that retailed at £70k in Sept 2017. I just couldn’t ignore that and it focussed my mind on how these cars can be costly if you decide to change early.

Some good discussion on here that makes great sense. Thanks guys..
Appreciate 0