F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 3 Series Sport, Modern, and Luxury Lines detailed and compared
Extreme Powerhouse

10-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #45
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Ok well if you go for a 120d in the UK (standard, not sport or urban):

Exterior: AW, Crimson red, Jet black, Black sapphire, Deep sea blue, Glacier silver, Midnight blue and Mineral grey.

For interior only options are black leather or oyster. Cloth standard.
Thanks hks.

So what about the interior trim? Also, aren't there a bunch of funky options for the F20 like white mirror covers and white wheels? Can you order those stand-alone, or are they only available with a package?

BTW, thanks for reminding me that the other line for the F20 is called Urban, not Luxury.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #46
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Mark, I still don't get it.

So if I order a base 335i and build it up fully optioned what exterior do I get?

Luxury,Modern, or Sport?
You get none of the lines but a car that looks similar to this (sans the wheels):

Name:  F30_base.jpg
Views: 4607
Size:  69.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
What interior choices do I get if I do not opt for a specific line????
You can choose between black and beige leather for a model without any of the lines. Also, there are three trims avaialable: a silver trim, an aluminum trim with black strip and a wood trim.

All exterior colors regardless of whether you choose a line or not, only excpetion is Estoril II which is exclusive to the M-Sport pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Is that possible? My understanding was that M-Sport is essentially fourth line akin to these lines (though it will consist of even more features, such as the unique bumper, etc.), and not something you can add on top of any of them. I suppose it is possible that the red interior will be available with M-Sport as well as the Sport Line. So far, though, we've only seen the blue interior for M-Sport.
Yep, you can't combine M-Sport with any of the lines.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #47
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Thanks hks.

So what about the interior trim? Also, aren't there a bunch of funky options for the F20 like white mirror covers and white wheels? Can you order those stand-alone, or are they only available with a package?

BTW, thanks for reminding me that the other line for the F20 is called Urban, not Luxury.
Interior trim is silver, brushed aluminium and wood. The white mirror caps only come as an option with the urban package. Also, the urban package offered 2 other cloth interiors! blue accents or white accents.

I don't actually mind these "urban" and "sport" packages on the 1 series. I think it's because I don't really take the 1 series too seriously. It's like a baby BMW. For the 3 series though, these lines are silly. It's just basically badges and chrome accents.
      10-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #48
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

So how does sport package work here? Is that still an option on all lines or is it exclusive to the sport line/m-sport line?
      10-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #49
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
You can choose between black and beige leather for a model without any of the lines. Also, there are three trims avaialable: a silver trim, an aluminum trim with black strip and a wood trim.
Thanks very much for that, south. So, in fact, if you opt out of the lines entirely, your choices as compared to what is available are somewhat less in number and variation. Certainly, all of the new and interesting combinations from the three lines are not at your disposal.

BTW, what of the other accents, such as exterior window trim, grill slats, bumper accent colors, door sills, etc? Do you know what's available for those items when no line is selected?

Quote:
Interior trim is silver, brushed aluminium and wood. The white mirror caps only come as an option with the urban package. Also, the urban package offered 2 other cloth interiors! blue accents or white accents.
Thanks hks. It sounds like the F30 will have the same limited "palette" of selections when no package is selected as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #50
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
So how does sport package work here? Is that still an option on all lines or is it exclusive to the sport line/m-sport line?
There is no sport package anymore.

Color choices put aside, you must order the Sport line if you want a sporty look, sport seats, and the Sport+ DEC setting. Or, you must order MSport if you want the sport suspension in addition to all of that.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #51
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is no sport package anymore.

Color choices put aside, you must order the Sport line if you want a sporty look, sport seats, and the Sport+ DEC setting. Or, you must order MSport if you want the sport suspension in addition to all of that.
So M Sport it is for me; but can I please have another steering wheel like one of the other lines?

So regular sport line will not have sport suspension??
      10-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #52
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

is there still such a thing as "sport suspension" or does that come with the electronic dampening package?

I like the Sport Line but don't care too much for the badge, and the red trim on the dash/instrument cluster/key
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #53
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

fucksakes this shit is getting too complicated! lol. Also, does the M-sport come with the blue interior strip? Can you remove that?
      10-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #54
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F31 330d

Garage List
Quote:
fucksakes this shit is getting too complicated! lol. Also, does the M-sport come with the blue interior strip? Can you remove that?
You're Not Force-Fed with Red stripe on Sport line ( can order gloss black stripe instead), so I'm sure You can order this for M-Sport also.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #55
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
You get none of the lines but a car that looks similar to this (sans the wheels):

Attachment 594886

All exterior colors regardless of whether you choose a line or not, only excpetion is Estoril II which is exclusive to the M-Sport pack.

Yep, you can't combine M-Sport with any of the lines.

Best regards,
south
thanks south... was just going to msg you
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #56
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
I'm curious about this as well. For example, the modern and sport lines have a different instrument cluster than the luxury line so if we were to build a standard car (no lines) which instrument cluster is the standard?
The luxury line cluster is the standard cluster as only sport and modern lines have specifc clusters.

Quote:
Thanks very much for that, south. So, in fact, if you opt out of the lines entirely, your choices as compared to what is available are somewhat less in number and variation. Certainly, all of the new and interesting combinations from the three lines are not at your disposal.

BTW, what of the other accents, such as exterior window trim, grill slats, bumper accent colors, door sills, etc? Do you know what's available for those items when no line is selected?
Bumper accent colors are line specific, so you don't get them without the respective line.

As to window trims, you can choose between matt black (standard) and shadow line. Chrome trim is tied to the Luxury line and not available else, regardless of the model.

As to grill slats, they're tied to the lines as well: Standard models have black slats (yes, even 335i), Sport line has gloss black slats, Luxury line chrome slats and Modern line matte chrome slats.

Quote:
Also, does the M-sport come with the blue interior strip? Can you remove that?
Yes, you can have the same interior trim but with a black strip for the M-sport.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #57
Glim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i & 2013 X5 35i

Insert badge sarcasm here:

Dear BMW,

It IS too confusing; I do need to check out the side badge on the BMW beside me to know how to judge the driver before I can give him or her an approving nod. We need more badges on our cars, I have a few more for you to use free of license depending on what options (or lack of) you choose:

1.) Pre-Modern, Modern, Post-Modern, Futuristic and Visionary

2.) Cheap, Budget, Tree Hugger, Economy, Standard, Suite, Luxury, Double-King and Presidential

3.) Lethargic, Recreational, Speed-Walker, Hiker, Jogger, Runner, Sport and Extreme Sports

If I was sitting at a light in my 'Extreme Sports Presidential Visionary' and a lady pulled up in a 'Tree Hugger Lethargic' I would not give her the time of day, unless she was cute, then I would flex my Extreme Sportiness at her
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #58
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep

See, I want the M sport line with the luxury interior. This used to be customizable in the past, now it seems like BMW has predetermined stuff for us... I don't like it.
      10-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #59
misterbeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92, E46 M3, E39 M5, 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glim View Post
Insert badge sarcasm here:

Dear BMW,

It IS too confusing; I do need to check out the side badge on the BMW beside me to know how to judge the driver before I can give him or her an approving nod. We need more badges on our cars, I have a few more for you to use free of license depending on what options (or lack of) you choose:

1.) Pre-Modern, Modern, Post-Modern, Futuristic and Visionary

2.) Cheap, Budget, Tree Hugger, Economy, Standard, Suite, Luxury, Double-King and Presidential

3.) Lethargic, Recreational, Speed-Walker, Hiker, Jogger, Runner, Sport and Extreme Sports

If I was sitting at a light in my 'Extreme Sports Presidential Visionary' and a lady pulled up in a 'Tree Hugger Lethargic' I would not give her the time of day, unless she was cute, then I would flex my Extreme Sportiness at her
LOL. Love this post. They should add more badges and more lines to their line up. Heck, even in the 5, 6, 7 and X series cars. "I drive a 760Li Ultra-Modern with Visionary cues, Super-Executive, Extreme-Agile line, a.k.a Pretentious Prick. Served!"

I can't wait to go to a BMW dealership on the pretext of buying a new 3 and confusing the crap out of the sales associate. "I want this with this. Oh, I can't get that combo? Then can I get this with that? Oh yes? Great, and what about that? Does that come with that other trim? Can I not have that dash line in any color at all - black, blue, red, pink, green...?..."
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #60
Vector Pilot
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 28i

May I add to the confusion regarding the Sport Line... If you select Grey Everest Leather that features black stitches for the seats and door panels and Black High Gloss Trim that runs across the dash, does that remove all the red accents like the stitching on the door panels and the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #61
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

So looking at the catalog am I correct that the only interior color choices are Black or Beige unless you pick one of the 3 lines or M-Sport?

That's really shitty if true.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #62
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector Pilot View Post
May I add to the confusion regarding the Sport Line... If you select Grey Everest Leather that features black stitches for the seats and door panels and Black High Gloss Trim that runs across the dash, does that remove all the red accents like the stitching on the door panels and the steering wheel?
It does remove the red stitching on the door panels (that's part of the chosen leather) but it doesn't remove the red stitching on the steering wheel nor the red accents in the instrument cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
So looking at the catalog am I correct that the only interior color choices are Black or Beige unless you pick one of the 3 lines or M-Sport?
That's true.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #63
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

All these lines are so confusing

These are not!

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #64
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
I for one would like the M-sport exterior with the Modern interior. Not going to be possible.

I have a feeling the pricing of the different Lines and the frustration of order combinations is going to piss consumers off.
Thats what I said looking at it. The Sport has by far the best exterior, but I can't stand the interior it looks cheap to me. I love the Modern interior, especially the wavy wood.
      10-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #65
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
This is the kind of crap that will piss off consumers.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #66
BadassBeamer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBMW View Post
What happened to BMW?
I was wondering the same thing while I was watching it. My e92 335 interior looks a lot better that any of those. It kinda looks cheap:/
Appreciate 0