F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > TopGear Car of the Year - 2 winners for us
proTUNING Freaks

12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #23
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
We've defo have shared the same experience My parents brought 530d and they only offered 2% discount .... do they want to sell a car or not?? Ended up buying from Elms Cambridge.
A friend was the "top salesman" their and he could not would not match other dealerships offers to boot the sales guys just do not like people who dress casual, they really think they are special
F**K me you would think they could afford the cars they sell
I took my M6 in their ( Not by choice ) because BMW UK insisted on it being the closest dealership. The 6 had the Oil filler cap come loose!!! and Oil was all over the engine, anyway took it in, got the call two days later saying all was well, went to collect and found oil all under the car and on the rear curb side wing, went F_____G Mad, told to wait another hour.
Got my car drove 20 miles and the Oil warning light comes up "Stop engine immediately" Oil fault
Phone them, they say drive it in I say if the engine goes you will be getting the M6 at retail, took another 3 hours to fill the engine with the right amount of Oil.
Never again thanks.
      12-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #24
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
The 320D is always going to be the more sensible and better all-round car. It'll average a good 10mpg more than the 330D driven the same, is cheaper to tax and run and whatnot and will be a little more nimble in the bends due to lower weight.

The 330D is just the "better" car, but not when taken against cost. it's the luxury version. none of us bought a 330D thinking it was the "sensible choice" We bought them because we wanted a 250bhp diesel that'll return 40mpg and because we can
This is an excellent way to put it: the 330D is 'the luxury version'.
A smooth 6 cyl engine and more power. But this is something you have to pay for and this is reflected in the desire of 330D owners to obtain 40 mpg. Very possible I am sure on urban, country and motorways but perhaps a little more difficult about town, and by that I mean 'up-the-smoke' not about small country towns!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carjack View Post
This is an excellent way to put it: the 330D is 'the luxury version'.
A smooth 6 cyl engine and more power. But this is something you have to pay for and this is reflected in the desire of 330D owners to obtain 40 mpg. Very possible I am sure on urban, country and motorways but perhaps a little more difficult about town, and by that I mean 'up-the-smoke' not about small country towns!
If I lived in "the smoke" no way would I buy this 330D, it would be a small engined car. BUT have a GTR for fun
      12-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
The 320D is always going to be the more sensible and better all-round car. It'll average a good 10mpg more than the 330D driven the same, is cheaper to tax and run and whatnot and will be a little more nimble in the bends due to lower weight.

The 330D is just the "better" car, but not when taken against cost. it's the luxury version. none of us bought a 330D thinking it was the "sensible choice" We bought them because we wanted a 250bhp diesel that'll return 40mpg and because we can
Well said young man...

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #27
styles997
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330d Msport

This happens all across the country with dealers. Down south, 2 dealers in the same group could not be further apart in terms of service and discounts offered. After options i got 10% discount.... Roll on Thursday for collection day!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #28
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by styles997 View Post
This happens all across the country with dealers. Down south, 2 dealers in the same group could not be further apart in terms of service and discounts offered. After options i got 10% discount.... Roll on Thursday for collection day!
Pictures required ASAP