F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > I’m back and thankfully F30s have dropped in price for buyers
ARMA SPEED

06-20-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
Adrian9656
Rep
Drives: 2016 Fiesta ST

Post I’m back and thankfully F30s have dropped in price for buyers

Hey everyone I had been here before doing reaearch for a replacement daily doe my 16’ CPO Fiesta ST. My baby girl is due September and I really wanted to pull the trigger on a 335 i or x drive 6 speed by then. I went to the beach and airport this weekend and i couldnt even fit a small cooler in the trunk because of the trunk hideaway cover and i only fit a small luggage the next day at the airport and only had space for a small handbag next to it.
So I went to test drive a local 335 x drive 6 speed and 535 8 speed and loved all the options on these F30s the getting in is odd though im 6’1 not too tall but I felt like I had to bend down a lot to get in more then my charger on BC coilovers but once you’re inside it’s amazing bang for the buck. Clutch is definitely softer then my ST but really love the backup camera and sensors. The leather id a great plus and heated seats in the rear for my fiancé when shes with the baby. I could go on forever about the pluses like the modding potential. But then getting in the 5 series my immediate expression was Really feels like an old person car. I’m 22 btw. I considered it for the same motor and more space but I hate the way they went about the more space. The front seems more cramped then the 3 series and seats feel like a couch ( this was a msport btw) and the back seats only about an extra inch or two. Also the inside felt more enclosed felt kind of closterphobic definitely one of the most odd feelings ive ever had getting in a car considering I daily a 2700lb hot hatch and i dont feel that trapped or uncomfortable.

Long story short, thanks for sticking around this far for the few that have. But I used to be a car salesman so I know how meticulous I am and patient I can be for a good deal. Looking for no more then 25k less then 45k miles. If its 35-45kmiles I’d prefer it to be CPO or Id pay for the certification. And it HAS to be a 6 speed and no light interior for the baby’s sake. I have a local one for 20k with 40k miles but beige interior and has two accidents it’s a luxury line theres also an out of state sport that is 23k with 45k miles but it CPO accident free.

Thoughts? comments? Concerns?
Please input!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 11:58 PM   #2
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Have you looked into the 4 series GC?

There are some amazing deals on some CPO's now and then on these... with patience one will pop up sooner or later.

I know looks are subjective, but I think the F36 with m-sport pkg is one of the best looking four door cars on the road. But if the 3 series has your heart I understand completely.

Good luck with your search
Appreciate 2
CalCarNut1060.50
sr5959137.50
      06-21-2018, 12:33 AM   #3
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

you posted much the same about three months ago - if you are actually going to be a father you need to grow a pair and make a decision
Appreciate 4
alex23642857.00
kern4174445.00
Blubaron791431.50
eluded3005.00
      06-21-2018, 12:47 AM   #4
Adrian9656
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
Have you looked into the 4 series GC?

There are some amazing deals on some CPO's now and then on these... with patience one will pop up sooner or later.

I know looks are subjective, but I think the F36 with m-sport pkg is one of the best looking four door cars on the road. But if the 3 series has your heart I understand completely.

Good luck with your search
I haven’t looked much into these but thats a good angle ngl. I mean im open because i loved wagons and hatches so im okay with these more odd body shapes. But price, history, and test drive will help set my mind. Thanks for the suggestion I’ll check them out
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 12:48 AM   #5
Adrian9656
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
you posted much the same about three months ago - if you are actually going to be a father you need to grow a pair and make a decision
Well dang sorry for the bother.
Couple things have changed since Then; New job. Finishing last year for my degree. And prices have dropped, But appreciate the tough love
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 12:52 AM   #6
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian9656 View Post
Couple things have changed since Then; New job. Finishing last year for my degree. And prices have dropped, But appreciate the tough love
you got it bro - seriously dive in - to the car - to parenthood etc....you'll be fine / GC not a good option (I know) for you the swooping roofline limits headroom in the backseat and makes getting little ones that much harder to get in and out / while the large opening in the back is great - it won't make up for what you are trying to accomplish :-)

Go on a hunt and find an MSport Wagon IMHO
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 01:15 AM   #7
Adrian9656
Rep

Quote:
you got it bro - seriously dive in - to the car - to parenthood etc....you'll be fine / GC not a good option (I know) for you the swooping roofline limits headroom in the backseat and makes getting little ones that much harder to get in and out / while the large opening in the back is great - it won't make up for what you are trying to accomplish :-)

So far I had emailed 8 dealers and went down to that local 335i and the 335 x drive both manuals for under 24k. Im just waiting on their replies for my trade in.
I just looked up the GC 3 and 4 series. The trunk room would be nice but basically looks and sits like a suv from the rear view didnt look that high up in the previous picture that was posted. I just wish the sports wagon was a 335. Id even settle for an auto with an n55 wagon. I’m going to take my childs seat and stroller to the dealer this week and check that they both fit nice and have space. Which i dont think that will be a problem i dont think ill be needing any more space for day to day commuting. And if we need more space for a roadtrip ill take my charger or my fiances jeep.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 05:14 AM   #8
metallicpea
Major
Rep
Drives: 320i ZSP & E46 M3 6MT

Look for a non x-drive M sport.
2016 F30 320i ZSP
2003 E46 325it ZSP 5MT
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #9
TXDaddy
Joint Chiefer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i XDrive

Car seats are better waist high, not to mention the need to haul pack n play, stroller, cooler, etc. X3 35i would be much more practical...
Mojave Metallic | Premium | Driver Assistance | Cold Weather | Navigation | 442M 19" Staggered | Gloss Black Kidneys & Exhaust Tips | Ferrari Red Start Button | M Sport Pedals | LCI Sills | Hikari LED Fogs & Brights | VIP Moto 55W HID | FRG Flat Black Caliper Covers | CF Rear Spoiler, Eyebrows, and Roundels | Huper Optik 30% Ceramic Tint
Appreciate 1
kern4174445.00
      06-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #10
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDaddy View Post
Car seats are better waist high, not to mention the need to haul pack n play, stroller, cooler, etc. X3 35i would be much more practical...
Agreed. I was surprised by how much I benefited by upgrading from a wagon to an X5. A wagon has more trunk space, but a proper SUV has more space everywhere. Especially nice when the baby is crying and my wife wants to climb in the backseat. And I bought my X5 used for $15k.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #11
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

Kind of in the same boat, getting married soon and wanting to buy a 2016 340 or 435 for my wife. Aiming for something below 20k miles and hopefully drive out max at $30k. Pretty sure I will find a CPO that fits these standards pretty easily by November-ish. Also not crazy about GC, but does look nice on a 4-series.

I really think this is an excellent bang for your buck! the 2016 340i are at a price that's very intriguing. I wanted to shoot for a 2016 M3/M4, but it's nearly a $20k difference, next time!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #12
BMRSEB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 SR+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDaddy View Post
+1
You will appreciate not having to "bend" down to take your child in and out, not to mention more useable storage with the X3 - don't quote me on the specific dimensions, but again you are not bending down to put strollers in, baby bags, etc., in the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #13
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Good luck...I'm sure you'll make the right decision.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #14
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Quote:

The 4gc gives up a little head room, and is lower compared to the 3 series sedan, but it's still perfectly fine for domestic service. It's always a process when you first start loading a child into a car seat, but you adjust to the angles and height of your car and it becomes second nature in no time. Having seated my child in the 4gc, as well as a 3 series, X5, and a large family sedan, I don't find the 4gc to pose any serious challenges. It's adequate, especially if one only regularly transports one child for the foreseeable future.

Op, don't listen to the kill-joys and get some big ugly box, thinking you need all this space for a child. That's why the roads are littered with big, ugly ass, suvs and cross overs, because everyone in the US thinks you need an RV to transport a child. Make sure you try your car seat in the models you're interested in to ensure it'll work for you, but why limit yourself to suvs, wagons, and minivans before you've even tried a regular 3 series or 4 gc. I even know people who regularly transport two children in a 2 series and they seem to do ok with it. That's obviously not ideal, but it can be done.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 09:40 PM   #15
terryd5150
Head Fry Cook at McBurgertown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Ignore the aholes.

Do you have any questions that haven't been answered yet?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #16
syenisch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe

I have a 4 GC, bought it while my wife was pregnant. Son is about to turn 1, and it has been the perfect car. Looks great, easy to load and unload my son (done the infant seat and now on rear facing convertible), and the hatch is AMAZING. I'd really recommend you take a serious look at it.
Appreciate 1
Fuller1216.50
      06-23-2018, 05:41 PM   #17
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by syenisch View Post
I have a 4 GC, bought it while my wife was pregnant. Son is about to turn 1, and it has been the perfect car. Looks great, easy to load and unload my son (done the infant seat and now on rear facing convertible), and the hatch is AMAZING. I'd really recommend you take a serious look at it.
It's probably about the most underrated model in the bmw line up.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 08:12 PM   #18
Adrian9656
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicpea View Post
Look for a non x-drive M sport.
Whats wrong with the x drive? Ive never owned an awd car. Im guessing your biased to the rwd handling?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 08:37 PM   #19
Adrian9656
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano0oj View Post
Kind of in the same boat, getting married soon and wanting to buy a 2016 340 or 435 for my wife. Aiming for something below 20k miles and hopefully drive out max at $30k. Pretty sure I will find a CPO that fits these standards pretty easily by November-ish. Also not crazy about GC, but does look nice on a 4-series.

I really think this is an excellent bang for your buck! the 2016 340i are at a price that's very intriguing. I wanted to shoot for a 2016 M3/M4, but it's nearly a $20k difference, next time!
Yeah that seems to be the average price for a 335 26-32k.
I’ve seen 15’ 6 speed f80s for as low as 41k with 30k miles just around atsv teritory too. I would love one of those as my following car theyre both beautiful
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 09:52 PM   #20
Adrian9656
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRSEB View Post
+1
You will appreciate not having to "bend" down to take your child in and out, not to mention more useable storage with the X3 - don't quote me on the specific dimensions, but again you are not bending down to put strollers in, baby bags, etc., in the vehicle.
I probably would but I’ve never pictured myself in a suv. I guess its like a sacrifice I’m willing to put up just like my preference for daily driving a manual.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 09:56 PM   #21
Adrian9656
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Good luck...I'm sure you'll make the right decision.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd5150 View Post
Ignore the aholes.

Do you have any questions that haven't been answered yet?
Lol, um my biggest thing right now is I really want to stick to a 335 i or x drive idc but a manual but they are literally a needle in a haystack. The auto is cheaper to buy and many more out there. So do i settle or continue my search to be one of the few, proud 6 speed owners. My plan would ideally be 400whp daily and will the clutch be good that seems to be the only downside on the manual ive seen but i know the auto can put better times but at the same time be more expensive to repair.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 10:02 PM   #22
Adrian9656
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
The 4gc gives up a little head room, and is lower compared to the 3 series sedan, but it's still perfectly fine for domestic service. It's always a process when you first start loading a child into a car seat, but you adjust to the angles and height of your car and it becomes second nature in no time. Having seated my child in the 4gc, as well as a 3 series, X5, and a large family sedan, I don't find the 4gc to pose any serious challenges. It's adequate, especially if one only regularly transports one child for the foreseeable future.

Op, don't listen to the kill-joys and get some big ugly box, thinking you need all this space for a child. That's why the roads are littered with big, ugly ass, suvs and cross overs, because everyone in the US thinks you need an RV to transport a child. Make sure you try your car seat in the models you're interested in to ensure it'll work for you, but why limit yourself to suvs, wagons, and minivans before you've even tried a regular 3 series or 4 gc. I even know people who regularly transport two children in a 2 series and they seem to do ok with it. That's obviously not ideal, but it can be done.
How was it for you loading your child in the 3 series? Im also fond of the wagon and appreciate the 4 GC design but id need to test drive one to see if its worth it to me. Haha and you’re right about that. The minute we announced we’re pregnant everyone told me “time to give up your cars and move up to and suv or van.
1. We fiancé and I hate vans and said We’d never have one.
2. I’ve seen plenty of guys even haul around their kids in their coupes.
Oh and to go back yes I’m waiting on the car seat and stroller to arrive to go to a dealer and test fit them in the 335 and 4GC.
Appreciate 0