F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > My Configured Spec: For Comments and Feedback
Studio RSR

12-25-2016, 07:10 AM   #1
akshiuk
Rep
Drives: 420d M Sport Gran Coupe

My Configured Spec: For Comments and Feedback

Hello All,

Here's the spec I'm looking to get built. I'm putting in my thinking behind a few of the options that I've selected and would be happy to get feedback/comments where you think I can/should choose differently.

Many thanks in advance for the help .

===================================
420d [190] M Sport 5dr Auto [Professional Media] //I loved the 430d test drive but am favouring the 2.0 engine as I cover 20k+ miles a year. Not sure about real world economy figures but the paper figures differ by a bit hence the choice.

Paint: Metallic - Glacier Silver
Trim: Dakota leather - Black, Brushed aluminium trim with black high gloss finish

Options:
--Interior comfort pack - 4 Series (for the electric seats: in case the OH decides to drive as well, also adds various useful bits like storage and rear tinted glass)

--Adaptive headlights (with the default Xenons, the jump to LEDs is quite steep and not sure if its really worth the expense)

--Exterior mirrors - electrically folding with anti-dazzle

--Heated steering wheel

--Driver + passenger electric lumbar support

--Adaptive M Sports suspension (Really liked the flexibility this gives to the car, a must have for me)

--Harman/Kardon surround sound system (who can argue with having a good sound system for long drives )

--Lane change warning system with blind spot check (definitely want this one, only for the blind spot check part)

Optional options : (If there is money to spare, it will go here...in no particular order)

Reversing camera

M Sport braking system

Head up Display

Electric glass sunroof

=======================================
Look forward to your comments....

Cheers,

Akshiuk
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Nice package. The only items you eliminated that I would have included is the HUD (love it...keeps my eyes on the road and gives me even better feedback than the LCD display) and active cruise control.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #3
paul e
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive 6MT

The Reverse Camera should be specified - if you never need it, still nice to have. It only has to help you once to be totally worthwhile. Think little kids and small animals in back of that high trunk.… uh, I mean boot.

The heated wheel is one of the best options ever.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #4
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

I highly recommend ...

HUD: the most helpful option especially with navigation directions projected when guidance enabled

Reversing (rear) camera: earlier comment (if used once - totally worthwhile)

Lane change warning system / blind spot detection: had it on my prior BMWs; will not even consider buying a another car without these options

Heated steering wheel: when you needed it, it's priceless. The same for heated seats
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #5
akshiuk
Rep
Drives: 420d M Sport Gran Coupe

Thanks all so far.... will keep these points in mind as I finalise the spec....

also, have been reading on these fora (forums?) that the actual difference in fuel economy between a 430d and 420d is not great (close to 4-5 mpg)....any comments on that ? I could stretch into the 430d territory and get rid of some optional extras if that is the case....
Appreciate 0