F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > :: BMR Autowerkes :: F30 Performance Parts
Extreme Powerhouse

02-07-2013, 03:10 AM   #67
NK80
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i M Sport (On Order)

Stuart do you know if there will be any issues with ordering the US 328 M performance exhaust and matching with the power pack that may eventually come out?

Is there are different in US vs Euro exhaust - sound wiese etc.

Thanks
      02-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #68
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK80 View Post
Stuart do you know if there will be any issues with ordering the US 328 M performance exhaust and matching with the power pack that may eventually come out?

Thanks
I'll field this one-

1) The main issue, if the PPK ever comes out for the N20, will be the extra power will suit the gorgeous note coming out of the car's poo-chutes. From a serial car tuner, this will not be an issue for you. PPK is software and some hardware up the front end (e.g. extra water and/or oil cooler, bigger rad, rad fan, possibly IC). Think about that for a moment and tell me if you reckon an axle-back muffler would have an impact on matters.

2) The difference is the Euro version, whenever it comes out, is meant to have the low-rev flap the same as our stock exhausts do. I thought about this for an hour before I bonked myself on the head for wondering why I'd bother with that when I'm fitting a sports exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #69
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
I'll field this one-

1) The main issue, if the PPK ever comes out for the N20, will be the extra power will suit the gorgeous note coming out of the car's poo-chutes. From a serial car tuner, this will not be an issue for you. PPK is software and some hardware up the front end (e.g. extra water and/or oil cooler, bigger rad, rad fan, possibly IC). Think about that for a moment and tell me if you reckon an axle-back muffler would have an impact on matters.

2) The difference is the Euro version, whenever it comes out, is meant to have the low-rev flap the same as our stock exhausts do. I thought about this for an hour before I bonked myself on the head for wondering why I'd bother with that when I'm fitting a sports exhaust.
Thanks Matt

Quote:

Thanks
Yep as above... no issues with matching with the PPK whatsoever. Euro version will have the flap/valve thing... it will also be more expensive as well, ballpark +$200.

I gave Matt the option of Euro/US and as mentioned above he went with US as have the other customers who have picked up an exhaust from our first batch coming in.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #70
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

What does this flap actually do?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #71
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
What does this flap actually do?
It attenuates the exhaust sound under gentle to moderate throttle. It can be disabled so you have a louder exhaust not, but disabling it will eventually cause the CEL to turn on.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #72
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Ah... gotcha .. wonder if it will attact some unnecessary attention
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #73
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
Ah... gotcha .. wonder if it will attact some unnecessary attention
Open your windows when the car is cold after overnight. Start the car. You will hear a pretty mean sounding exhaust not for a moment or 2. The flap opens momentarily.

You can hold it open, but it's a bit of a job to get under the car & fiddle.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #74
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

I don't think its a great idea to keep your flap open. It's there to balance back pressure from low to high RPMs. Opening it permanently equals less back pressure at low RPMs, less flow velocity, and a negative impact on how your engine produces power.

Surprised the US version of the perf exhaust doesn't have one, but maybe its internals are designed differently. The 335i version has one, both euro and US.
2000 E46 318i Cosmos Black
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #75
NK80
Private
Rep

Thanks all.

Sorry if I misunderstood.. So the Euro version makes more or less noise than the US?

Less noise is the compromise I am looking for as the Mrs - who has claimed the car and will be driving it mostly, doesnt want too much sound.
      02-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #76
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks all.

Sorry if I misunderstood.. So the Euro version makes more or less noise than the US?

Less noise is the compromise I am looking for as the Mrs - who has claimed the car and will be driving it mostly, doesnt want too much sound.
will be the same after ~2.5k to 3k RPM, Euro slightly less under that. slightly.

Besides, make sure you to remind your wife that sports exhausts on cars make a female driver look younger and sexier. It's been scientifically proven.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:24 AM   #77
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

ROFL... I have been banned from any performance exhaust for that same reason.. A man can still dream =)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #78
NK80
Private
Rep

He he Classic!!!!!!

Thanks again for clarifying Dabaitu.

the exhaust should have gone on at delivery so she would think its standard!!
      02-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #79
chenb72
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

thinking about getting the M Performance Exhaust when the car arrives, just wondering if the engine needs re-tuning or does the factory ECU smart enough to automatically adjust things like air/fuel ratio, etc......?

Not sure if it's the right place to ask, but am thinking about the aFe Power Scorcher Module (extra 50hp it claims), has anyone has any experience this this particular chip?

Last edited by chenb72; 02-09-2013 at 06:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #80
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenb72 View Post
thinking about getting the M Performance Exhaust when the car arrives, just wondering if the engine needs re-tuning or does the factory ECU smart enough to automatically adjust things like air/fuel ratio, etc......?

Not sure if it's the right place to ask, but am thinking about the aFe Power Scorcher Module (extra 50hp it claims), has anyone has any experience this this particular chip?
The engine won't need retuning at all.

No idea about that aFe chip.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #81
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

So, Stuart, why don't you respond to my PM?
Thanks, David
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #82
Elcuban
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: GOLF GTI MK5

Hi All, has anyone purchased the M performance mats. I'm tossing between those and the carpet and rubber mats.

Does anyone have an opinion on quality or feel of either one. Thanks I know it's a stupid question. I just can't decide.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #83
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
So, Stuart, why don't you respond to my PM?
Thanks, David
Done
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #84
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

Anyone interested in the genuine 19" 403m Msport wheels? New a set is $3,295 but I'm sure a member on here would be willing to sell for less than that...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #85
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Did the exhausts turn up today?

I'm trying to find space in my diary next week to have them fitted
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #86
Straight6Driver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I'm interested in this gauge. Is the installation exactly the same for RHD (installed on driver's side)? Do you have one in stock to post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
I've got a P3 Digital Vent Gauge for the F30 in stock, it's a RHD version however requires installation into your vent.

RRP: $389
Special: $359

$10 delivery aus wide

RHD version

Video install instructions

Features:
- Boost display
- IAT
- Built in performance timer (record 0-100km/h)
- Diagnostic data interpretation and reset
and more!

Some installed pics:
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #87
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight6Driver View Post
I'm interested in this gauge. Is the installation exactly the same for RHD (installed on driver's side)? Do you have one in stock to post?
Yes install is the same for RHD and in stock ready to post

I'll send you a PM...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #88
benben73
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcuban View Post
Hi All, has anyone purchased the M performance mats. I'm tossing between those and the carpet and rubber mats.

Does anyone have an opinion on quality or feel of either one. Thanks I know it's a stupid question. I just can't decide.
I'm over in Perth and I bought the mats from BMR. Couldn't be happier with the quality of the mats compared to the standard carpet ones I got from the dealer. They have a rubber underside and a "rubbery" water proof material for the mat that has a weave pattern. Excellent quality and looks great in my BSM with black interior. Overall very happy and shipping only took 1 week.
Appreciate 0