F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Auto engages park when moving with door open... Can it be Disable???
Extreme Powerhouse

02-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Auto engages park when moving with door open... Can it be Disable???

Is there anyway to disable the car from auto engaging Park when driving with the door open? Sometimes I need to move the car real quick like moving up or down a driveway.

Also when it auto engages park it very violent. I want to disable it.

Anyone know how? Is it possible to code it off?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 03:06 AM   #2
JOHN328
Feeling horny
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328

I'm wishing to do the same. felt pain everytime car does that. a good technology based on harming the transmission.
      02-16-2013, 04:03 AM   #3
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

It's no doubt somewhere in the coding.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #4
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

i found this out the other day too, got a "prevent car from rolling" type message pop up on idrive
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
MotoEV
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Active Hybrid 3

It Is A Needed Safety Check

A long time ago, life was much more simple. People were responsible for their actions and the actions of their children. Today, many people (even on this blog forum) are quick to blame a manufacturer for anything that goes wrong and any unintended consequence of a technology in which they have not gained adequate competency
  • We want our products 100% problem free
  • We rather complain on a blog about problems rather than schedule a service appointment
  • We don't want to read the owners manual (paper or electronic editions)

Therefore, manufacturers have to plan for scenarios based on the LCD

LCD - Lowest Common Denominator i.e. Idiots

Idiot Proofing Cars Is The Future

Jumper Cables

Last edited by MotoEV; 02-16-2013 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoEV
A long time ago, life was much more simple. People were responsible for their actions and the actions of their children. Today, many people (even on this blog forum) are quick to blame a manufacturer for anything that goes wrong and any unintended consequence of a technology in which they have not gained adequate competency
  • We want our products 100% problem free
  • We rather complain on a blog about problems rather than schedule a service appointment

Therefore, manufacturers have to plan for scenarios based on the LCD

LCD - Least Common Denominator i.e. Idiots
Yeah, and if your family member were killed by a defective product, you would drop the issue and not litigate, right?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
Hayir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i modern line

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoEV View Post
  • We want our products 100% problem free:
    I think it is our right to expect 100% problem free if we are paying. If it is free, I am Ok with problems.
    Before going to service I always research the forums/blogs. It is good to have some knowledge before talking to the service. If you don`t you usually loose money or time. I am glad people share their experiences online.
I agree with this. This should be the first thing to do for many products IMO.
      02-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
WPGM5
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoEV View Post
  • We want our products 100% problem free True, and ridiculous to expect. Parts fail and build quality is never 100%
  • We rather complain on a blog about problems rather than schedule a service appointment Yep. Some complain before trying for resolution. The forums are a great source of research and knowledge which some use, others just want to vent. Whatever.

Therefore, manufacturers have to plan for scenarios based on the LCD also very true, sad, but true

LCD - Lowest Common Denominator i.e. Idiots

Idiot Proofing Cars Is The Future

Jumper Cables
It comes down to people in this day and age refusing to be held accountable for their own actions. We have developed a culture of blaming anyone and everyone but ourselves. If you are looking for some funny reading, google "Gladue Report" and check out some of the Canadian "Justice" systems sentencing practices. Accountability has become a bad word, apparently.