F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Withdrawl Symptoms
ARMA SPEED

02-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Withdrawl Symptoms

Having ordered a New F30 and getting close(ish) to delivery, I decided put my E46 up for sale on autotrader thinking it will take a while. Put it up Friday Evening and got a call that night and sold it the following Morning.

Having had the car for 9 years, I'm suffering from severe withdrawl added to which I still have another 6 - 8 weeks before the new one arrives. Not sure I can last!!!

I know it's an F30 Forum, but can't resist putting a couple of pics of my former car

// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

That looks great for a 9 year old car, are the pics recent?

Only problem with selling a car so quickly is that you start to think it was priced too low.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
That looks great for a 9 year old car, are the pics recent?

Only problem with selling a car so quickly is that you start to think it was priced too low.
Pics from Friday!

I must admit I did think that. But put it at book price, was knocked down a little but that's expected and to be honest it needed 3 new tyres due to worn tread...
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
fafs
First time Bimmer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EBII M Sport XDrive

Beautiful ride. It must be painful to let her go but keep in mind you will be driving an awesome brand new car pretty soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
davyk31
Major General
Rep

What F30 model are you getting, colour, spec etc?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafs View Post
Beautiful ride. It must be painful to let her go but keep in mind you will be driving an awesome brand new car pretty soon.
Part of me did not want to let her go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
What F30 model are you getting, colour, spec etc?
Exact Spec - http://mybmw.co.uk/z7e3n5b8

320D M-Sport (F30)
EBII with Black Leather
Sports Automatic
Visibility Pack
Media Pro Pack
Adaptive Suspension
BMW Apps
Sun Protection Glass
EU6 BluePerformance Diesel

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Tiller
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 3 Series

I know your pain, I sold my 123d coupe about a month ago. Delivery expected 15th March with only a mercedes A180 Cdi (old) for kicks.

Having a surprising amount of fun the merc has way more grip than the BM ever did. Every cloud.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #8
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196
Do I prefer the e46 to the f30? Mmm it's a close call. The e46's really are beautiful. Especially in space grey, that was what mine was in. So are you buying th car out right, or through finance?
Actually leasing the car. Will be the first time I've done this as always bought my cars...

It was a no brainer when I compared the costs

Lease had no deposit, includes all maintenance, tyres, insurance etc all I do is just pay for the fuel, whereas the finance deal had a deposit to pay and the monthly payments were higher, and that didn't even include the additional cost of insurance / maintenance etc

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:00 AM   #9
davyk31
Major General
Rep

Can we ask what you are paying and mileage per year. Leasing I have never done before but am tempted next time.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #10
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31
Can we ask what you are paying and mileage per year. Leasing I have never done before but am tempted next time.
£461 per month. But on a 9,000 mileage per annum. I don't drive that much my average tends to be around 8000.

The diesel was cheaper than the 320i quote so opted for the 320d... (Weird)

Last edited by venkata; 02-19-2013 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:51 AM   #11
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Looks very nice and I really like the colour. But the best things come to those who wait and the new one will be here before you know it (for me the wait should be less than 3 weeks now!).

I had a similar situation with my 3 year old MX-5 which I sold privately in 2007, gutted to see it go and it went so quickly I thought i could have help out for more but I got much more than part-ex price.

As for comparisions in truth the F30 is the first modern 3 series that's made me say "wow" (was a sport model in non-metallic black in the dealership). The interior is also now (in my mind) closer to the quality of my Audi and the dealership went the extra mile to get a deal done.

I'm going for a PCP deal (although i have never handed a car back or used the equity against a new one at the end of the deal, i've always paid them off early). I like the ability to own the car. Never looked at leasing as a serious option, always seemed like the business route. Would be interesting to see how it compares with a PCP, but I think the PCP has more flexibility (I may be wrong).

Will I keep my F30 for 4 years or will I be tempted to change before then? Depends how good it is or whether i'll wish i'd gone for the 320d xDrive over the 320i xDrive but it's good that it's easy to change when I want.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #12
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31 330d

im not surprised it sold quickly it looks like its been well cared for,thats what all s/h buyers are looking for
      02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #13
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1swk View Post
im not surprised it sold quickly it looks like its been well cared for,thats what all s/h buyers are looking for
Yes, I look after my cars too (if only other road users would!) which is why I rarely struggle to shift anything that i own!! Always had the view that if i look after it then it will look after me and this looks like a car owned with my mentality.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #14
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
As for comparisions in truth the F30 is the first modern 3 series that's made me say "wow" (was a sport model in non-metallic black in the dealership).
I know what you mean, I was exactly the same. I probably would have changed sooner but the E90 just didn't do it for me. It looked too ordinary and didn't look "sporty" enough for me...

However the F30 with the Xenons just looks nice and aggressive...

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #15
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

It's the aggressiveness of my A3 Quattro that I love. Phantom Black Black edition with DRL's and Xenon's. Two black cars in a row though and the EBII is soooo nice :-)
Appreciate 0