F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > 328i w adaptive on order
GetBMWParts

11-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
matts325i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Carrera S

hey mate should be a nice car. I get my 328 Lux Line tomorrow.

It might be a good idea for you to check out the Pro Nav/Extended Display and sports seats. I ordered both, but I know some people find the sports seats uncomfortable, so you should try them out first.

Enjoy the wait
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #24
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

328 was a good choice

it'll be a great ride/drive/car regardless of the options chosen. The wait is the killer... I'm hoping mine comes soon
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #25
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
328 was a good choice

it'll be a great ride/drive/car regardless of the options chosen. The wait is the killer... I'm hoping mine comes soon
Which car did you get?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #26
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Which car did you get?
i'm waiting on a 328 as well
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #27
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Sports seats were a great call. The standard ones are flat and unsupportive by comparison.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #28
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts325i View Post
hey mate should be a nice car. I get my 328 Lux Line tomorrow.

It might be a good idea for you to check out the Pro Nav/Extended Display and sports seats. I ordered both, but I know some people find the sports seats uncomfortable, so you should try them out first.

Enjoy the wait
So did you take delivery?

I tried the sports seats in my first test drive 5 weeks ago in a demo car which was made me believe they were standard. It was a modern line with the textured wood trim (not my taste).

So I wasn't mentally prepared to tick this option being taken by surprise when I visited the other dealership the 2nd time around. That's why I did a double take Sunday evening.

I definitely don't have the same gnawing feeling at all about ditching the heated seats as I did Sunday night. The thought of not having adjustable bolsters was giving me the s---s.

The saleslady told me the same thing that some people find the sports seats uncomfortable. I can't figure out why as it adds two more dimensions of support. I didn't feel that they were any firmer... in fact if they were firmer, it's better and more supportive for longer drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
i'm waiting on a 328 as well
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
Sports seats were a great call. The standard ones are flat and unsupportive by comparison.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #29
matts325i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
So did you take delivery?
Nope, I am going to pick it up later this afternoon. Will throw some pics up when I get time. Its a Mineral Grey Luxury with Saddle Brown Interior.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #30
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts325i View Post
Nope, I am going to pick it up later this afternoon. Will throw some pics up when I get time. Its a Mineral Grey Luxury with Saddle Brown Interior.

Cheers.
Sounds nice. Let us know how it goes.

I didnt let it stop the sale as my heart was set on the car but there was a car in the showroom that had yellowy stains under the bonnet and door drains.

It would have been crazy for me to insist they follow up on this car as its not mine, but just something for you to check.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #31
Rozza
Rep
Drives: Golf R

Sorry to change the topic.
I am looking to finalise the order of a 328i sportline. I am tossing up the adaptive dampers. Most magazines say they are mandatory but the dealer said they really are not needed. I am after a reasonably performing car but have no intention of taking it to track or anything like that. The dealer didn't have 2 similar cars with and with out adaptive suspension to drive. The standard suspension was a softer than my old but never felt awful.
I was wondering if anyone had driven similar cars with and without adaptive dampers under Australian conditions and what your thoughts are. I could probably stretch the extra money but I will be running out of wife acceptance.

Cheers
Rozza
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #32
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

I am a noob with hyperlinking on forums. There is a nz guy who has driven both back to back and like me is coming from a Golf.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...=764750&page=3

I reckon their roads and conditions would be similar to ours. They have lots of hilly areas.

Last edited by CKau; 11-13-2012 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #33
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozza View Post
Sorry to change the topic.
I am looking to finalise the order of a 328i sportline. I am tossing up the adaptive dampers. Most magazines say they are mandatory but the dealer said they really are not needed. I am after a reasonably performing car but have no intention of taking it to track or anything like that. The dealer didn't have 2 similar cars with and with out adaptive suspension to drive. The standard suspension was a softer than my old but never felt awful.
I was wondering if anyone had driven similar cars with and without adaptive dampers under Australian conditions and what your thoughts are. I could probably stretch the extra money but I will be running out of wife acceptance.

Cheers
Rozza
My 328i has it and I've been driving a 320i without it for three days. You're right in saying standard isn't awful, Adaptive is much better though. If you're not into twisty mountain roads or sporty touring on weekends you likely wouldn't worry about it TBH.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #34
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Rozza... Two other considerations.

1. You will get the sports suspension which has good body control. Refer same thread above.
2. I believe the price gap is smaller since you have sports suspension. I think Its only $1k instead of $1600
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #35
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
My 328i has it and I've been driving a 320i without it for three days. You're right in saying standard isn't awful, Adaptive is much better though. If you're not into twisty mountain roads or sporty touring on weekends you likely wouldn't worry about it TBH.
Is the adaptive more uncomfortable/toss passengers around more than standard?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #36
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:

1. You will get the sports suspension which has good body control. Refer same thread above.
Just to clarify, with the Sportline - you do not get a different suspension here in Australia. You only get the standard suspension as per the "base" and other lines. You only get M Sport suspension with the M Sport Package as standard OR if you option it into the Sportline.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #37
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij05
Quote:

Just to clarify, with the Sportline - you do not get a different suspension here in Australia. You only get the standard suspension as per the "base" and other lines. You only get M Sport suspension with the M Sport Package as standard OR if you option it into the Sportline.
Same as NZ. Sport line is just a trim level and has standard suspension, which in my opinion is way too soft and didn't have the body control I was wanting. M Sport suspension is fantastic though.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #38
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Oops. My bad. Thanx for the corrections.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:35 AM   #39
Rozza
Rep
Drives: Golf R

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.
I think the standard suspension is out.
Does any one have a comparison of the adaptive and the M sport.
If I can put the adaptive suspension and sportline money together then the M sport packsge with uprated suspension is close to in budget.

Could you live with the firm non-adaptive suspension day to day round town?
What 'range' does the adaptive suspension cover - more or less firm than standard in comfort and more or less firm than M sport in sport.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #40
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:

What 'range' does the adaptive suspension cover - more or less firm than standard in comfort and more or less firm than M sport in sport.

Cheers
If you are referencing firm and M-Sport suspension as one and the same, let me put your mind at ease. As terrific as the M-Sport suspension is, it is not at all firm. If you want firm, check out an E90 with sports suspension. Now that is very firm. I had 7 years of it. I was used to it.

Now in the F30, the ride is very, very smooth rolling on those wonderful 19" wheels. So the F30 M-Sport removes the reported over softness of the standard suspension and gives a fantastic ride. The adaptive is the next step, especially if you travel cross country often and have to navigate through twisty, windy roads. Or if you just want it.

Ahhhh - imagine, the day to day slog of travelling to work in your F30, all alone along some spectacular twisty, windy roads, changing gears with your flappy paddles, travelling at whatever (safe) speed you want.

As the old man once said, "Life wasn't meant to be easy."
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #41
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is the adaptive more uncomfortable/toss passengers around more than standard?
Depends on which setting you use
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #42
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Does any one have a comparison of the adaptive and the M sport.

I totally agree with both David's and Dabaitu's statements. If your not a sporty driver then you won't be missing much.

When you hear alot of the enthusiast talk about suspensions being soft.. dont be mistaken that it is very soft.. in fact on a comfort level i would give it an 8 or 9 outa 10. I would say that more of the guys in the forums like a sportier ride for the playful weekends in Sports + mode, hence a preference leans towards a firmer suspensions. I have had both before and if you have a mix of driving characteristics then go for adaptive.

Quote:
I live in the city and its fine dont worry. I actually even asked the Mrs before if she found the ride harsher to our F10. She gave the tumbs up so it must be ok.

I urge newcomers to get the Xenons! Dont miss out its a must have.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #43
matts325i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Sounds nice. Let us know how it goes.

I didnt let it stop the sale as my heart was set on the car but there was a car in the showroom that had yellowy stains under the bonnet and door drains.

It would have been crazy for me to insist they follow up on this car as its not mine, but just something for you to check.
Well I picked it up last night, checked out the issues that I've read about on the forum, but it all looks OK.

Went for a cruise last night with the kids in the back. They were so comfortable they fell asleep, a bit different to my 1M!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #44
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Oh i do like the saddle brown!

Hmm... Must resist as i have already stretched the budget. Thats another 1700 largely for the pleasure of the colour. I dont care for the exterior chrome bits but geez that saddle brown is nice.
Appreciate 0