F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F32 adaptive LED headlights (552A) retrofit - both TMS LIN BUS Error
ARMA SPEED

10-16-2017, 12:53 AM   #1
bmw335coding
Rep
Drives: 435d xDrive

F32 adaptive LED headlights (552A) retrofit - both TMS LIN BUS Error

Hi guys,

i am so frustraded with my retrofit of full adaptive led headlights at my BMW F32 from 10/2016.
Before i start the retrofit the car has SA522 xenon headlight (non adaptive).

So i bought two adaptive led headlights (part numbers left 7424101-02 +
right 7460622-01) and check the wiring in ISTA.
I changed one 12V PIN3 and added 4 wires at the headlight plugs (9+10 K-CAN2 for TMS Modules and 11+12 K-CAN2 for LHM2 Modules).

After this i edit the VO and delete 522 for xenon and add 552 for adaptive LED.
Code the FEM_BODY with the new VO. After this nothing works.
I check the wiring again in ISTA and measure the voltage at the headlight plugs. All is like in ISTA.

I go to ESYS and read all ECUs from the car, now there are two LHM ECUs, i select the right cafd and code both LHMs.
After this the low beam and high beam working perfect.

The two both TMS modules are not detected now.
I checked the wiring again, but it looks ok. K-CAN wires at 11+12 are bridged from 9+10. After this i readed the fault codes.

There are these fault codes in ISTA:
"0xD90D2F Treiber-Modul Scheinwerfer (TMS) links: Fehlender LIN-Slave" (lin slave to TMS modul left is missing)
"0xD90D31 Treiber-Modul Scheinwerfer (TMS) rechts: Falsche Variante verbaut" (wrong variant of tms module are detected)
"0xD90D32 Treiber-Modul Scheinwerfer (TMS) rechts: Fehlender LIN-Slave" (lin slave to TMS modul right is missing)
"0xD90D37 Innenlichteinheit (ILE): Falsche Variante verbaut"
"0xD91DE0 CAN-Botschaft, Status Licht Außen Frontelektronik_1 Links (ST_LP_EX_FE_1_LH): Timeout"
"0xD91DE6 CAN-Botschaft, Status Licht Außen Frontelektronik_1 Rechts (ST_LP_EX_FE_1_RH): Timeout"

I try to code FDL from FEM_BODY -> "TMS_ID_CHECK_OFF" from not_active to active.
But the fault is the still the same.

Now i try to do the ABL in ISTA -> Service Functions -> "ABL LED-Headlights" and the result is both TMS modules are unreachable for ISTA.

To i unplug both led headlights and recode 522 for xenon, plug the xenon headlights to car and all is working, also the LIN Bus to both TMS modules.

So there is no fault with lin bus or power for headlight modules.

Recode again 552 for adaptive led headlights and plug the adaptive led headlights back again.

For the moment i am out of ideas.
The part numbers of the TMS modules are the right one for these car: 63117427613

I try to bought two brandnew TMS Modules with partnumbers: 63117440881 for these car, but the result is still the same fault.

I tested allready a xenon headlight with ahl and code 524 to FEM_BODY.
The result, still the same faults like with adaptive LED headlights.

I need help please.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 10:24 PM   #2
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Reviing this thread... Were you able to resolve this? What was the issue?
Appreciate 0