F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > ONEighty | OE-S F30 LED Headlight Upgrade for Halogen & Xenon (UPDATED 11/6)
Extreme Powerhouse

10-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #45
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH View Post
Found them. Strange no comment has been made regarding the backlash these have received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamr916 View Post
+1
We're not dodging anything here guys, we understand the fundamentals of the automotive forums, so we sat back and allowed the forums "CSI team" to conduct their speculations and report back to us. Hence why we limited the amount of information we provided in our original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty View Post
Annnnnd these are already all over Alibaba. Sadly I feel like this is when Mars performance said they were coming out with the first set of aftermarket lights for the halogen F30's. They charged $1000 delivered to the USA, and then a few months later everyone on ebay had them for $400 shipped.
Quote:
Got quoted $700 from one seller, and $1250 shipped to the USA from another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
How much money are you trying to make of these???...they are less than half price online

Hold up, so where do we sign up for this Group Buy?

First things first, we never made any claims to manufacture these lights, so lets make sure everyone is clear on that. However, we are the first to introduce and offer them to the US market. We did not tie up the factories sales team and stuff them in a container in hope that no one ever finds out that these became available.

We anticipated the forums Wal-Mart Roll Back team to fly in and start slashing prices with figures every Chinese sales man uses to pitch you into an inquiry. Alibaba experts at their finest.

We made a slight mistake in calculation with initial pricing for the MSPR & First-10 Group Buy basing it on the shipping costs we were quoted. After speaking to the manufacturer, we were able to lower the price by getting a better shipping quote and made adjustments in the main post.

So, without getting any kind of feels spilled all over this thread, lets make a long story short.

We are SELLING a product that's manufactured in ASIA
When WE SELL a product manufactured by another factory:
- We TEST the product.
- We CERTIFY & validate the QUALITY of the product.
- We provide SUPPORT for the product.
- We provide WARRANTY for the product.
- We provide CUSTOMER SERVICE for the product.
- We make sure our product and service results in CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

So. If you want to save a few hundred bucks, and purchase the product from a RESELLER outside the US, you are voiding all those mentioned factors above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXL XLR8 View Post
Wow thanks, guess I'll hold off for a couple months and see if these start selling for $400 on eBay

You will NOT see these exact headlights that cheap, maybe 5+ years from now after thousands have been sold. You WILL end up seeing several versions of this product the minute another asian factory gets their hands on it. Sure, you'll see that for $400 eventually, but by then you end up with a product that is replicated from the replica that's already based on several generations of replicas. You want to put that in YOUR BMW? An ELECTRICAL component, with MODULES, that not only compromise the safety of yourself, but others around you?

Sure. go ahead.

Or, you purchase a product from a US based company that will stand behind the product because their reputation is at stake... we're not some new start up.

There's a reason why we charge what we charge for custom headlight services, and why we're still in business almost 8 years later. Every single one of our F30 jobs ranges in the $1600-2500 mark on the CUSTOMERS headlights.

We believe we set a fair market price for these lights, considering what other Alibaba "factories" aka salesmen are charging, and in addition to the lengths we are taking to stand behind the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
I don't get it I'm all in for making money but I thought the main focus of the forum was to help each other out not be rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH View Post
That's what I thought. I understand people are out here trying to make a business and profit and I have no problem with that, but when you are selling it for almost 3 times as much as the actual manufacture. That's a bit extreme.
The forums main focus IS to help each other. When a business is providing a service or a product on the forum, and pays a premium to do so... they are still HELPING you, because the average forum user is much harder to deal with due to their newly discovered expertise, and have the ability to bash the brand because they didn't like the color of the packaging peanuts they used.

Every vendor that is advertising on any automotive forum is taking a far greater risk advertising here, for a less than average increase in sales for the time and cost that is invested.

And no one is making 3, 2, or even 1 times the cost of the product by reselling it on the forum. Quoting a post, and using that unvalidated information against another forum member and/vendor only brings out the xxxx in you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
here we go again .. lol ... let me recap:

1) http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=807287 - Feb 22, 2013

2) http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=858322 - June 27, 2013

3) "Tomorrow won't be just another day" - Sept 28, 2015

hey alex/igor - hopefully tomorrow won't be another 2/22 or 6/27 - can you guys ... like finally ... deliver ... this is getting a little embarrassing all talk, no walk ...
Glad to see you're keeping tabs, allows us to see how deep our following really goes.

Can't even disagree with your statement, failing to follow through with our previous propositions is something we regret. We were in over our head, and tried to cover too many basis without having a concrete plan for execution. That won't be happening again as we're older, wiser, and have better resources at hand to actually follow through with the promises we stand to make today.

One thing I would like to mention however, is that we don't stand to make a product we don't feel 100% with, and if we do, it will not be a product that will carry our name, or certification.

The products we wanted to make in the past did not come thru simply because the level of quality wasn't there that was within our budget. We would rather not make something and break a promise than to develop and manufacture something that will destroy our image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmaygarg View Post
Great work guys! Looks amazing.

What is the discounted price if i come to your shop for the installation?
(Count me in for group buy!)

Also, waiting for more pictures!
For the first 10, we are offering FREE installation.

We have 5 remaining spots for the first 10 orders, within 24 hours, before we even made a Group Buy thread, or even came in here to "defend" ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Do you offer core exchange or do we ship our headlights to you and wait for the magic to be done?
This is a complete product that you buy out right, does not involve your headlights, you buy, we ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjustinn View Post
Well, they look great, just like OEM! If they were made to full OEM spec, with adaptive functions and all, then I could understand the price being so high. But I'm pretty sure they won't have the auto-leveling function since it's PnP; no level sensors to install. Though, I'm not sure if it's possible to "plug & play" adaptive headlights. Either way, I just can't justify spending that much for a lighting upgrade nearly halfway through my lease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotjonnL View Post
Any night time photos and light output photos?
Like the rest said, theres no adaptive function, however, the quality of these vs the OEM F32 and F80/2 is about 95% cosmetically. We will do a side by side comparison with a stock M4 equipped with the LED Package and provide a FULL Comprehensive review from the cosmetic and functional perspective, inside and out. We'll make sure to spill the guts for you savages.

Quote:
These do look to be OEM for what is optional on the 2016 F30's. The only "missing" component is the led eyebrow that's connected to the inner most ring. This is almost a combination of the new LED lights, and the old xenon design mashed together.
Quote:
I would say they are closer to the F10 style than the F30 style
Actually, these are based more on the 4-Series LED headlights which are also fitted on F8x M3 & M4's.
The only design that resembles them to the factory F30 xenon headlights is the chrome trim that runs along the bottom of the housing right by the lens.

I will update the main post with detailed photos and side by side comparison review to similar BMW LED headlights and the borrowed design characteristics in a few days once our test vehicle is returned.

Keep in mind that we live and breathe BMW headlights, from factory to aftermarket, we are very knowledgable in our field, we have dissected nearly every BMW headlight that was manufactured in the last 10 years, including all the recent LED headlights. We are aware of the technology, and components used. From the DTRL optics, to the heatsinks and fans cooling the LED's, I personally studied, and see these components and design elements in my sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji99lypuff View Post
I dont blame them for wanting to make some money, if its not your thingto go through them you can go ahead and buy it off alibaba. I think they are here to make money but also offer feedback, opinions, and advice. Do i think is expensive, yes! But i also dont think its wrong for them to offer a product at theor price.

Also, someone please get these and do a detailed review!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #46
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty
We present to you the first aftermarket lighting application to use BMW’s LED Technology and incorporating OE styling and all OE functions all while providing equal, if not greater lighting performance.
Do you have a source for this? The OEM modules are made by ZKW unless I'm mistaken, who are Austrian. Why would an Asian firm integrate genuine ZKW modules like this into aftermarket headlights when they could make cheaper more local? Are they genuine BMW/ZKW LEDs or are they *like* BMW/ZKW?

You claim they use BMW's LED technology so I'm assuming they use BMW/ZKW modules? Is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 06:10 PM   #47
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush
Quote:
We present to you the first aftermarket lighting application to use BMW’s LED Technology and incorporating OE styling and all OE functions all while providing equal, if not greater lighting performance.
Do you have a source for this? The OEM modules are made by ZKW unless I'm mistaken, who are Austrian. Why would an Asian firm integrate genuine ZKW modules like this into aftermarket headlights when they could make cheaper more local? Are they genuine BMW/ZKW LEDs or are they *like* BMW/ZKW?

You claim they use BMW's LED technology so I'm assuming they use BMW/ZKW modules? Is that correct?
Technology vs Components

The modules and all other components inside this headlight are reengineered and remanufactured to perform the same functions the factory modules can without the need of having to communicate with a new LCM you would normally be required to retrofit, in addition to running extra wiring and performing hours of coding.

This aftermarket lighting upgrade is by far the best lighting solution we've seen to date.
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2015, 06:32 AM   #48
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

do these headlights have vertical aim? (control the vertical aim with a small wheel above the glovebox?)

my current lights have 'headlight vertical aim control!' error
      10-02-2015, 08:19 AM   #49
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Could we get a side by side output comparison? I'd like to see how the output looks on them before I decide to pull the plug
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #50
dangson
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I get that you're a business and I'd be perfectly fine with spending a few more hundred dollars for warranty and customer support. That being said, I have a couple questions:

What does the warranty cover and how long is it good for?

You said you're offering free installation for the first 10 orders. Is this applicable to those ordering outside of New York? It'd be great if you could give a credit to those outside of NYC equivalent to the labor you'd charge at your shop. This way we could spend the money on installation at a shop in our city.
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #51
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty View Post
Technology vs Components

The modules and all other components inside this headlight are reengineered and remanufactured to perform the same functions the factory modules can without the need of having to communicate with a new LCM you would normally be required to retrofit, in addition to running extra wiring and performing hours of coding.

This aftermarket lighting upgrade is by far the best lighting solution we've seen to date.
You might as well go the whole hog and say it has NASA technology in that case, after all I'm pretty sure they have LEDs on some of their kit...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #52
WarrENDeatH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic Type R

I guess I am still confused. So these are shipped from asia, tested and then upcharged? Not trying to be offensive or anything. Just really confused why these are still 1k more than the ones sold anywhere else. Oh well. I should have guessed. I was hoping something would take me away from the Eagle Eyes, but guess not!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #53
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Could we get a side by side output comparison? I'd like to see how the output looks on them before I decide to pull the plug
We're experiencing some weather tantrum over here, so as soon it clears up I'll get you guys photos of side by side comparisons against a clean wall.

Then we'll tare them apart and dissect the guts and compared them to OEM M3/M4/4-Series guts.

Maybe then Daftasabrush can understand why BMW calls it "BMW LED Technology" and not "We put some LED's inside your headlights technology... like NASA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangson View Post

1-YEAR Replacement Warranty. If its only a module, we will replace it with a brand new one. In case of any internal failure (mechanical or cosmetic), we will replace it with a brand new unit.

We will personally inspect each set for defects and damage, as well as make records of every set that is mailed out to the customer to assure a double quality check.

Quote:
You said you're offering free installation for the first 10 orders. Is this applicable to those ordering outside of New York? It'd be great if you could give a credit to those outside of NYC equivalent to the labor you'd charge at your shop. This way we could spend the money on installation at a shop in our city.
The free installation to the locals is equivalent to the free shipping we're providing to the First-10. Keep in mind that we're paying shipping TWICE for each set, and offering a discounted price.

WarrENDeatH - no one is getting these lights at $700. Passing judgement/criticism based on false facts/information is... ehem. You be the judge.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #54
DXL XLR8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30

None

Quote:
Quote:
We're experiencing some weather tantrum over here, so as soon it clears up I'll get you guys photos of side by side comparisons against a clean wall.

Then we'll tare them apart and dissect the guts and compared them to OEM M3/M4/4-Series guts.

Maybe then Daftasabrush can understand why BMW calls it "BMW LED Technology" and not "We put some LED's inside your headlights technology... like NASA"

Quote:

1-YEAR Replacement Warranty. If its only a module, we will replace it with a brand new one. In case of any internal failure (mechanical or cosmetic), we will replace it with a brand new unit.

We will personally inspect each set for defects and damage, as well as make records of every set that is mailed out to the customer to assure a double quality check.

Quote:
The free installation to the locals is equivalent to the free shipping we're providing to the First-10. Keep in mind that we're paying shipping TWICE for each set, and offering a discounted price.

WarrENDeatH - no one is getting these lights at $700. Passing judgement/criticism based on false facts/information is... ehem. You be the judge.
So say my Front FEM unit shorted because of these headlights, would that be cover under your warranty
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #55
MisterZebb
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i MSport

Not surprised at the backlash, but the community needs to give these guys a chance. I for one am looking forward to your dissection and comparison pictures to get a feel for the quality of these things. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 08:30 PM   #56
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F320i

I understand the backlash from the community. However, on a positive note if not for this thread most of us wouldn't know this product is available on the market. Now we can get it at a better price from the Alibaba link provided.

I do not really buy the excuse for the price error. Shipping cost alone cannot result in a $500 dollar price error for each pair of light.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #57
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7
I do not really buy the excuse for the price error. Shipping cost alone cannot result in a $500 dollar price error for each pair of light.
You know better
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #58
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

looking forward to the disassembly
      10-05-2015, 07:31 AM   #59
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

let me weigh in here, I contacted the sellers in alibaba, they're quoting $1250 excluding shipping, so approx $1450 in total. For these in the US, $1600 doesn't seem like such a bad deal, considering you're buying through a local vendor?

Not quite sure what the fuss against 180 is all about
      10-05-2015, 07:48 AM   #60
DXL XLR8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00
let me weigh in here, I contacted the sellers in alibaba, they're quoting $1250 excluding shipping, so approx $1450 in total. For these in the US, $1600 doesn't seem like such a bad deal, considering you're buying through a local vendor?

Not quite sure what the fuss against 180 is all about
Pricing was at $2050 originally, then lowered the next day
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #61
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Pricing was at $2050 originally, then lowered the next day
Initial pricing was based on the high shipping cost we were being quoted, it took a bit to sort out and we wanted to be sure before the pricing was adjusted.

Todays pretty nice out (brick - but sunny), so we'll get some side by side cosmetic comparison, and as soon as the sun goes down we'll line em up against the wall.

By the end of the day we'll have the headlights back off the car and begin the tear down tomorrow morning
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 12:08 PM   #62
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
Initial pricing was based on the high shipping cost we were being quoted, it took a bit to sort out and we wanted to be sure before the pricing was adjusted.

Todays pretty nice out (brick - but sunny), so we'll get some side by side cosmetic comparison, and as soon as the sun goes down we'll line em up against the wall.

By the end of the day we'll have the headlights back off the car and begin the tear down tomorrow morning
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 03:07 AM   #63
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Can you please let me know if the headlight dips down and up on startup?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #64
DXL XLR8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00
Quote:

Can you please let me know if the headlight dips down and up on startup?
Most likely not since there are no projectors in the headlights
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #65
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Most likely not since there are no projectors in the headlights
My original hallgens used to do this, my new ones dont, and i get an error.

I also used to be able to adjust the vertical angle with a wheel ndxt to my steering wheel, but i cant anymore..

Id be very keen on this retrofit if it does have vertical aim
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #66
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Had a slight delay with getting the test vehicle back here, but we finally got some comparison shots. Unfortunately, pulled the lights off the car before getting an output comparison. I'll get another car in here ASAP to get some shots of the cut off, but it the mean time I'll get some cut off shots with the headlights off the car.

I'll answer any questions, and I'll write up our comparison summary in a little bit (gotta run out), but check out the photos in the first post (original post).
Appreciate 0