F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > ONEighty | OE-S F30 LED Headlight Upgrade for Halogen & Xenon (UPDATED 11/6)
Studio RSR

10-06-2015, 09:43 PM   #67
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F320i

Thanks for the pictures. Looks really close to OEM
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 01:14 AM   #68
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty View Post
Glad to see you're keeping tabs, allows us to see how deep our following really goes.
I'M GUILTY!!! Igor - you know i luv ya guys and LOVE your work (BEST work out there rivaled only by OSS). Your craftsmanship is UNREAL. But you can't promise us the world and then pull the carpet from under us. You gotta deliver bro - can't disappoint like that... set the bar sky high, then disappear for a few years. Who decided it was a good idea to post all this stuff before you knew it was achievable?

Whatever... let bygones be bygones. While all the wrangling now seems to be about price, i still think the LED lights look like SHIT - fish eyes

Nothing beats projectors. Can you guys do those acrylic lens' with projectors??

THose LED fish eyes need to be BURIED... for reals bro

You read the part where i said i luv ya guys right...? lolz
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #69
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10

I am kind of confused at this whole thread (and yes I read through all 3 pages)... sooo... let me see if I get this correctly:

ONEEighty just came up with a set of OEM looking lights but alibaba is selling for cheaper?
(kinda like MARS back in the days? with the EE lights?)

I guess its time to switch headlights... AGAIN...
My questions for the folks that's been following this thread since day 1.... These are *FULL* LED lights? As in LED low beam and ring/driving lights? I see no mention of Halogen or HID and only LED so I am assuming the headlight comes with LED for low beam.

Do we think the LED light is bright enough low beam? I know the LEAF and a few other brands are running on LED low beams now... so maybe its okay?

What about high beam?

Thanks in advance... I like ONEighty's work, but if they are just reselling the Alibaba brands......
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 08:27 PM   #70
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrossVFX222 View Post
I am kind of confused at this whole thread (and yes I read through all 3 pages)... sooo... let me see if I get this correctly:

ONEEighty just came up with a set of OEM looking lights but alibaba is selling for cheaper?

My questions for the folks that's been following this thread since day 1.... These are *FULL* LED lights? As in LED low beam and ring/driving lights? I see no mention of Halogen or HID and only LED so I am assuming the headlight comes with LED for low beam.

Do we think the LED light is bright enough low beam? I know the LEAF and a few other brands are running on LED low beams now... so maybe its okay?

What about high beam?

Thanks in advance... I like ONEighty's work, but if they are just reselling the Alibaba brands......
These are 100% LED and have no halogen or HID bulbs. I currently run full LED bulbs for low/high beam in the Eagle Eye headlights, and they're as bright as HID's.

I put my trust in LED technology now they've been used for a few years and haven't really had any downsides. They're bright, run cooler, use less power, what else can you ask for?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 11:44 PM   #71
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 328xi

the lights look fantastic and so close to oem i dont think many people would be able to tell it wasnt. However, having gone through several different attempts and hid retrofit/custom retrofit/ knock off replica i will never buy a set without taking a look at the cutoff of the headlight you are installing. I have had trouble with all the installations in regards to the cutoff and without a good light spread your awesome, cool, oem ish, headlights are essentially useless. They need to do their job well, first and foremost, which is to light up the road well with an even light spread and cutoff. Just some conclusion form having bought and tried many retrofits on my f30.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 09:48 AM   #72
E30toF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 528i Executive Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH View Post
That's what I thought. I understand people are out here trying to make a business and profit and I have no problem with that, but when you are selling it for almost 3 times as much as the actual manufacture. That's a bit extreme.

I still couldn't find it on that website. Clearly looking in the wrong place.
It would seem that is how everything in the world works.
The $150 jeans you bought from Nordstrom's for example. Nordstrom's paid a wholesaler/disti $75 for. Disti paid the brand/company $40 for them. The company paid $15 a pair to the factory/manufacturer. You can't help it if the manicurer then goes behind your back and undercuts the final retailer and sells the same jeans for $50.

I used jeans as an example but you can pretty much take any consumer good and apply the same/similar idea.

So in reality, this is by no way extreme imo.

Last edited by E30toF30; 10-27-2015 at 10:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 01:19 PM   #73
dangson
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrossVFX222 View Post

What about high beam?

I believe ONEEighty is just reselling what some people have found on Alibaba. They've stated they're selling a product manufactured in Asia.

However, if you buy through ONEEighty you get a longer warranty period and customer support. On one of their earlier posts they stated the various benefits of buying through them. I got a quote from an Alibaba seller for $1400 shipped to the U.S. so it's a matter of deciding whether the benefits are worth the $200 price difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #74
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangson View Post
I believe ONEEighty is just reselling what some people have found on Alibaba. They've stated they're selling a product manufactured in Asia.

However, if you buy through ONEEighty you get a longer warranty period and customer support. On one of their earlier posts they stated the various benefits of buying through them. I got a quote from an Alibaba seller for $1400 shipped to the U.S. so it's a matter of deciding whether the benefits are worth the $200 price difference.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I guess its time to upgrade my EE.
I have to say they look awesome... I guess as long as they have build in resistor so coding is not needed I am good.

I have good things from ONEEighty so probably will give them a shot.
I assumed group buys are all done now?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 04:45 PM   #75
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

More than likely coding will still be needed, even with the resistors, they'll still flicker on start and every so often
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #76
ATL0501
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 540 Msport

So I guess this means there will not be any aftermarket non-adaptive xenon with corona rings protrusion besides the "U" shape from EE. They should be significantly cheaper too.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 12:22 AM   #77
instalher
25cent millionaire
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m4 comp vert

Garage List
2020 bmw  [0.00]
  [9.00]
  [0.00]
  [9.50]
2018 bmw 230i xdrive  [8.50]
Man that's a lot of money if your Canadian 2200 bucjs shipped with duty brokerage fees, and tax.., tell you what, I will come down there and bring Justin Beiber home, for a free demo set..lol....
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 04:11 AM   #78
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00 View Post
My original hallgens used to do this, my new ones dont, and i get an error.

I also used to be able to adjust the vertical angle with a wheel next to my steering wheel, but i cant anymore..

Id be very keen on this retrofit if it does have vertical aim
Hey Igor, can you please look into this for these overseas?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 04:12 AM   #79
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00 View Post
My original hallgens used to do this, my new ones dont, and i get an error.

I also used to be able to adjust the vertical angle with a wheel next to my steering wheel, but i cant anymore..

Id be very keen on this retrofit if it does have vertical aim
Hey Igor, can you please look into this on your next update?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 08:18 AM   #80
Insert Name
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sedan

I didn't read every single page, did anything happen with this? I'd love to be put on the list for the first 10.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #81
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep

They've just about filled up from the last time I talked to them. You may want to pm igor and find out for sure though
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 07:29 AM   #82
thornfrog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328i xDrive sedan

I see angel eye which is DRL. It appears to me low beam is upper half of all four lights ?? Or is it parking light ? Would the angel eye turn off when low beam lit ? Can anyone please explain how this headlight works ?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 09:18 AM   #83
Adamr916
Captain
United_States
Rep

Upper half in both is low beam, full lights is high beam
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 05:43 PM   #84
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Sooooooooooo......

What's the latest on the lights? Anyone on this forum in the group buy?

Have you received/installed headlights yet.....and please review??!!
      10-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #85
MisterZebb
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i MSport

Gentlemen,

Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 02:10 AM   #86
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

Another false promise again... How can people trust them anymore?
      10-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #87
JOE YOUNG
SEAL TEAM SIX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 E90 E84 F30 X3G01 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty View Post
We're experiencing some weather tantrum over here, so as soon it clears up I'll get you guys photos of side by side comparisons against a clean wall.

Then we'll tare them apart and dissect the guts and compared them to OEM M3/M4/4-Series guts.

Maybe then Daftasabrush can understand why BMW calls it "BMW LED Technology" and not "We put some LED's inside your headlights technology... like NASA"

1-YEAR Replacement Warranty. If its only a module, we will replace it with a brand new one. In case of any internal failure (mechanical or cosmetic), we will replace it with a brand new unit.

We will personally inspect each set for defects and damage, as well as make records of every set that is mailed out to the customer to assure a double quality check.

The free installation to the locals is equivalent to the free shipping we're providing to the First-10. Keep in mind that we're paying shipping TWICE for each set, and offering a discounted price.

WarrENDeatH - no one is getting these lights at $700. Passing judgement/criticism based on false facts/information is... ehem. You be the judge.
This what happens when people get united at an issue, it becomes a big issue.
Now they are throwing in most things free, just so that they can reverse the backlash.
      10-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #88
denwhat
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328xi

Are there any updates with output photos? They look great but I'm interested to see if they provide a good cutoff and lumen to the ground.
Appreciate 0