F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > How could i improve accelerate response
GetBMWParts

02-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
Raytec85
Private
Rep
Drives: F34

How could i improve accelerate response

Dear All,

I have been tune my car into RC chip, changed Downpipes, intake and exhaust. I found my car was response slow when i press accelerate. I did install sprint booster, it showed slight faster response, but i felt that still slow for me. When i press the accelerate, it takes 2sec to response.

Does anyone have a suggestion, what should i do to improve ?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
taylor_green
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport

I know my car is slow to respond when I am not in either Sport or Sport + mode. Also, these new 8-speed automatic transmissions make dropping from cruising the highway in 8th gear to accelerating in 4th a little bit of a task. Still, 2 seconds is a little long. Also, if you press your accelerator pedal into the floor, past the clicky-resistance point, you should basically put the car into Sport mode acceleration as long as your hold the pedal all the way down.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 07:32 AM   #3
Raytec85
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor_green View Post
I know my car is slow to respond when I am not in either Sport or Sport + mode. Also, these new 8-speed automatic transmissions make dropping from cruising the highway in 8th gear to accelerating in 4th a little bit of a task. Still, 2 seconds is a little long. Also, if you press your accelerator pedal into the floor, past the clicky-resistance point, you should basically put the car into Sport mode acceleration as long as your hold the pedal all the way down.
Yes, that's exactly my problems. Any suggestion i can improve it? or modified?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
TomDenmark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' 320i ActiveFlex

Try make a video.. 2 seconds are a really long time. considering 0-100km/h can be 5 seconds.

You might have a problem, would be easy to say from a video
      02-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #5
CharlieVu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i x-drive Melbourn RED

I'm in for this. My car does it to. BMW replaced spark plugs but the throttle response still exist. When I try to get on the highway, I'll floor it in sport mode, it'll respond 1-1.5 seconds later. I read that the sprinter n jb4 sport mode should help but from what you're saying it's not resolving the issue. I read that you can code the car to shift better in the coding section. Have you tried that?
      02-05-2016, 09:21 AM   #6
Raytec85
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVu View Post
I'm in for this. My car does it to. BMW replaced spark plugs but the throttle response still exist. When I try to get on the highway, I'll floor it in sport mode, it'll respond 1-1.5 seconds later. I read that the sprinter n jb4 sport mode should help but from what you're saying it's not resolving the issue. I read that you can code the car to shift better in the coding section. Have you tried that?
Do you have the specific code to make it shift better ?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 10:11 AM   #7
EvolutionFQ
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i F30

Just take off your RC and do flash tune. Rc only increasing your power when you are in boost. But flash tune increse power both in off boost and in boost. It also re adjust your timing and AFR in all RPM. So the powerband is very linear. It also adjust your throttle response. And the most important one is it also increase your water pump pressure to do better cooling for your engine which piggyback cant do except dinan.
Appreciate 0