F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY

Yesterday, 01:11 AM   #2047
tpaxadpom
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1llM0ng3r View Post
I am disappointed in Avin, with how cheap electronics are these days they could have pushed for a much more future proofed design - these units are running on a severely aged android platform! Thatís a massive security issue and if I were you guys, I would only connect this device to a guest network which should be disabled when the car is not in use.

Moving forward, the specs on these things are terrible, it could be a much better experience if they just put some actual thought into their next unit. Itís literally just a tablet thatís dual booting, it should be beefier to support that.
It is economy of scale. They could off, but are you ready to pay double price or even more? They have to make money and Chinese know very well where to save and how. You cannot have iPad, Samsung Tab S3 performance in this price range. These guys sell a few thousand of these units if that... I don't mind android 4.4 but I do mind horrible audio performance and low quality screen.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #2048
milanE90
Rep
Drives: BMW 320 D E90 LCI

They saved everywhere... This is too old and too crapy hardware! And software is crap also. I've just tried to add more maps to sygic, transfered maps to sd card, and the unit freaked out, restarted and i only had default CIC layout, not ID6 ... I had to restore factory.xml from device factory setup.
Appreciate 0