F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > How to get Enhance Bluetooth and USB on F30 without Tech Package
GetBMWParts

01-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #23
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Thank you Michael for your positive feedback!

If anyone wants to confirm if this can be done in his car please send us your VIN to info@bimmer-tech.net and we will confirm!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #24
Mermaid
Queen of the Sea
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i & 2012 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepisko View Post
You should. Just look at the first post in this thread that I typed up. Open your trunk and then pull up the cover. You will see a fuse box on the right and the combox should be on the left. I posted a pic of what the combox looks like. If you have that combox then you can code the car and replace the 6NH code with 6NS and you will get enhanced bluetooth and usb.
Does it cause you to lose the BMW Assist?

And can you get texts now?

Last edited by Mermaid; 01-05-2014 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #25
mikepisko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340xi Sedan MSport

Good question mermaid. I actually didn't set up my BMW assist yet. I just went and activated it with no issues. So to answer you question enabling Enhanced bluetooth and usb doesn't affect or disable BMW Assist.

As far as text messages I can confirm that this does work after the coding. To get this to work after the coding is done you need to forget your phone in the car and then sync it back up. I have an iphone so you need to go into settings for bluetooth and then click on the info button next to the BMW car that you just synced. You then have to make sure you have show notifications turned on. I also went into the notifications on the phone and under messaging tuned on the option "show in lock screen"

Then once you see the phone in your car you need to highlight the phone and click on the options button on the idrive. Then you need to scroll down to configure bluetooth and then make sure the box for "Office" is checked.

You will only get messages for new text messages. You will see an envelope icon show up next to the "Phone Reception Bars". To make it easy I just set up one of the shortcut buttons to go to messages.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #26
Mermaid
Queen of the Sea
Rep

Quote:
Good question mermaid. I actually didn't set up my BMW assist yet. I just went and activated it with no issues. So to answer you question enabling Enhanced bluetooth and usb doesn't affect or disable BMW Assist.

As far as text messages I can confirm that this does work after the coding. To get this to work after the coding is done you need to forget your phone in the car and then sync it back up. I have an iphone so you need to go into settings for bluetooth and then click on the info button next to the BMW car that you just synced. You then have to make sure you have show notifications turned on. I also went into the notifications on the phone and under messaging tuned on the option "show in lock screen"

Then once you see the phone in your car you need to highlight the phone and click on the options button on the idrive. Then you need to scroll down to configure bluetooth and then make sure the box for "Office" is checked.

You will only get messages for new text messages. You will see an envelope icon show up next to the "Phone Reception Bars". To make it easy I just set up one of the shortcut buttons to go to messages.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.
Thanks for the info! I need to get a hold of a windows computer (we have all Mac's) and then I'm going to do it.

Since I have a 2014 and the voice recognition button doesn't work....are the texts read through the car or the phone or just on the screen to be read?

Are you saying that now you have Office? Do you have the internet? Can you get Google maps sent to the car now?

I didn't want Navigation but I sure wanted all this stuff and have been bummed for a few months about it. If this coding gives me that stuff I'll be so happy!

Now to just get rid of my annoying wind noise!
      01-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #27
mikepisko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I don't have voice controller either on my car. I have the button but it doesn't do anything.

I do get text messages but not through voice. You are able to read them through the headunit if you go to the messages option under the telephone menu.

Unfortunately you will not be able to get the BMW App, internet, Maps or voice control with out the nav option or buying after market equipment to make those functions work.

I to didn't want to pay 2200 bucks for the nav option. I actually just use the maps on my iphone and through bluetooth it gives me turn by turn directions via the speakers in the car which is good enough for me.

This was really worth the 180 bucks I paid because I did get all the Enhanced Bluetooth and USB options I should have gotten standard since I already have the hardware in the car.

You can just buy a program called Vm Fusion for your mac. This will allow you to create a windows virtual machine if you wanted to go that route.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #28
Mermaid
Queen of the Sea
Rep

Quote:
I don't have voice controller either on my car. I have the button but it doesn't do anything.

I do get text messages but not through voice. You are able to read them through the headunit if you go to the messages option under the telephone menu.

Unfortunately you will not be able to get the BMW App, internet, Maps or voice control with out the nav option or buying after market equipment to make those functions work.

I to didn't want to pay 2200 bucks for the nav option. I actually just use the maps on my iphone and through bluetooth it gives me turn by turn directions via the speakers in the car which is good enough for me.

This was really worth the 180 bucks I paid because I did get all the Enhanced Bluetooth and USB options I should have gotten standard since I already have the hardware in the car.

You can just buy a program called Vm Fusion for your mac. This will allow you to create a windows virtual machine if you wanted to go that route.
Thanks for all the info, I'm excited to do it!!
      01-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #29
Deleted853
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Will you lose this code after taking the car in for service or is this permanent after coding?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #30
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwm1166 View Post
Will you lose this code after taking the car in for service or is this permanent after coding?
Depends how you code it; I usually disable the option that writes the new option code to your VIN so when you take the car back in for service, it won't interfere with any dealer programming. You will need to have it recoded after a dealer flash but it's the safe way.

I hear that you can maintain it after dealer programming if you save the modified vehicle order to the car but no one has been able to confirm that yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #31
robgutie328i
Private
Rep
Drives: Mel Red 2014 BMW 328i MSport

Gonna try this

Made the buy with bummer tech Friday should get gear in by Wednesday. Excited to use Bluetooth really crappy of BMW to make it only with tech pack. My ford f150 has it. I mean come on. Too bad u can't mirror phone on screen to be able to use google maps.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #32
F30 Epal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

I have a question with this pic right here:

Mine doesn't have the "Audio" box, it's not showing up. However, the album covers are showing up now. Any idea as to why is that?
      01-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #33
mikepisko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

You changed the code from 6NH to 6NS? If you did the coding you can try and forget the phone and re-pair it. Can you now use the white usb cable?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #34
F30 Epal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
You changed the code from 6NH to 6NS? If you did the coding you can try and forget the phone and re-pair it. Can you now use the white usb cable?
It wasn't me who coded the car. It was the guys over at BimmerTech (I'd also like to thank the person who was helping me for sticking with me despite all the hooplas from my end).

I did try and forget the phone and then re-paired it again, still not showing up. By white USB cable, are you talking about the I-phone white cable? I tried connecting it in the usb slot in the armrest and played some songs. But sound was only coming from the I-phone and not it the car speakers.
      01-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #35
mikepisko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I would email Patryk from bimmer-tech he will def help you out. The tech that I worked with stayed connected until I verified both the USB and Bluetooth functions worked. If you don't see the audio option or the white iPhone USB cable isn't working that leads me to think the coding wasn't successful. I would have them remote back in and check.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #36
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 Epal View Post
I have a question with this pic right here:

Mine doesn't have the "Audio" box, it's not showing up. However, the album covers are showing up now. Any idea as to why is that?
Click options once you get into the Bluetooth Phone Menu, then go to configure Bluetooth and make sure Audio, Office and Show images are all selected.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #37
robgutie328i
Private
Rep

Working nicely

I got my stuff from bimmer-tech Wednesday but was not able to meet because of my work until this morning. Everything went smoothly. I wish i was more techy and sure of myself but with the car being only 2 weeks old i didn't want to mess anything up i attached some pics. Thanks again to Patryk and his tech that did the remote install . They were very helpful and timely. Sucks you have to hack your car to get a feature that some in my F150 standard lol. But now i got the mod bug. So this will be first of many. Tint is also done and going to put on keyhole cover tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 02:20 AM   #38
ckrieg
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Subscribed
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #39
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I helped someone code this on a 2014 320i without navigation but had a telematiks combox and it was just as easy as coding it on any 2012/2013 model with navigation and combox media.

Change 6NH to 6NS, VO code CMB_MEDIA and HU_ENTRY. The car had two combox ECU's on the SVT; CMB_ECALL and CMB_MEDIA. Make sure you only VO code CMB_MEDIA and HU_ENTRY.

For album cover art to work, you need to let the car go to sleep first then start it up again.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #40
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
The most relevant thread is on the front page of the Coding forum!

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851042

Pay particular attention to post #79, which is on page 4.

Let me know if I can do anything else for you.
How come this thead is saying 6NH to 6NS, but the thread in the link above is saying 6NH to 6NK?!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #41
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
How come this thead is saying 6NH to 6NS, but the thread in the link above is saying 6NH to 6NK?!
My post was around the process of actually changing a VO rather than the specific addition.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #42
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
My post was around the process of actually changing a VO rather than the specific addition.
Lots of people in this thread have said 6NS though, so which one is it, or do both work?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #43
mikepisko
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

My 2014 was coded with 6NS. I believe someone tried 6NK and it didn't work. Try 6NS and it should work.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #44
robgutie328i
Private
Rep

So I got it all working with EBT. but quick question for the coding gurus. To get album art to show can it be done through EBT? Cause I don't see it or an option to enable it or can album art only be seen when connected through USB.
Appreciate 0