F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Svache's Mojave/Havana Metallic Luxury Line 328i
proTUNING Freaks

04-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #45
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlv View Post
Great, great pics. I just noticed on the back seats, did you get the cold weather package? I figure for Hawaii it's not necessary, haha, unless you're going up Mount Haleakala. When I went to visit years ago, it can be a 50 degree difference from sea level to the top of the mountain!

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9123/dscn1823g.jpg

BTW, love that havana color so, classy.
Haha yeah I have the cold weather package. I know it's a bit silly but when we ordered the car, we were still planning to move to Europe. In the end we decided not to move but kept the order as it was

It's ok, I often have cold hands and I love the heated steering wheel, and my wife loves the warm seats =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderone View Post
Svache - I have always bought my cars off the lot. First time I am ordering. My order has been sitting at the Port in germany for about 10 days now.

How long did it take from time the BMW website showed enroute to U.S. to dealership in Honolulu?

Thanks in advance
My car stayed about 7-8 days at the port waiting for a ship, however, the BMW site showed me waiting for about 10-11 days. Your CA can tell you whether or not your car is on a ship already, they can look this up in their system. I had my CA confirm that my car was on board of the ship even before the BMW site was updated

I just checked, yesterday a ship left Bremerhaven, you might be on that one since you've been waiting for a couple of days already. Best would be to call your CA

Btw, you might also like my timeline as reference: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...19&postcount=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerffejleahcim View Post
Svache, thanks for sharing interior pics! Btw, Sirius doesn't cover Hawaii. Tried it on our Countryman before and to fin out it doesn't work here. :-)
That's what I always thought, and in previous years this was indeed the case. However, both Sirius and the dealership claimed that there is coverage in Hawaii now (a Google search showed me that it is indeed covered since last year). I tried Sirius today, of course had some problems. I do seem to be able to download the whole list of channels and see what's playing but I am unable to get sound out of the satellite radio.. had a call with the Sirius tech support today and they were unable to fix it. They don't think it's because of sloppy coverage but possibly an error in my radio. Either way, they will call me back in a few days to see what they can do, I'm curious what they will come up with.. it would be weird if they will tell me "sorry there's no coverage after all", coz then why did they say so before? :S

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #46
AcuraGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 E92

Hi svache,
In one of your interior pictures, it shows your Sport+ mode in the screen. I thought the Sport+ only comes with the Sport line models. Did they change it to allow luxury lines to also have Sport +?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #47
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraGuy View Post
Hi svache,
In one of your interior pictures, it shows your Sport+ mode in the screen. I thought the Sport+ only comes with the Sport line models. Did they change it to allow luxury lines to also have Sport +?

Thanks,
Hiyas!

Haha yeah I know, that's one of the things I was wondering about in the beginning, I never thought I would get it.

It turns out that when you have a car, no matter what line, and you order something sport-related (sport variable steering in my case, but it could also be the sport suspension or sport transmission for example), then you get the Sport+ mode as well

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #48
aarslan
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW 3.20i 2012

Love the colors! <3

Mine is Mojave (Havanna in Europe) Modern line. Your interior color is like modern rather than luxury (not saddle brown), just the wooden style is different (I have the 3d wood thingy).

I do not understand why many people, especially people in the States do not like Mojave and the beige interior color. I believe it is very classy and good looking.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #49
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks! I think quite a few people actually do like the color but since they don't see it at the dealership, many of them don't dare to order it since it looks quite brown on the website (which, in reality, it is really not)

I think you made the right decision for you car, this color is indeed very classy

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #50
aarslan
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW 3.20i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Thanks! I think quite a few people actually do like the color but since they don't see it at the dealership, many of them don't dare to order it since it looks quite brown on the website (which, in reality, it is really not)

I think you made the right decision for you car, this color is indeed very classy
We both did. :-p
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #51
Photoman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30, 2013 E70

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2012 BMW 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
That's so true, I was debating between Mojave and Imperial Blue, eventually went with IB because there wasn't a Mojave on the lot where I could judge the colour accurately.

Svache your colour combo is really nice; very refined and classy.
      06-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #52
dude987
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport DHP

Very nice color combination. Like the wheels. Except BMW's are notorious for excessive brake dust accumulation. Keeping that wheel clean could be a bit tricky. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #53
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks guys

And yeah, you're right haha, they do accumulate some break dust indeed... it takes a long time to get them clean.

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #54
xit2050
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 318d

Quote:
And yeah, you're right haha, they do accumulate some break dust indeed... it takes a long time to get them clean.
I have the same problem with my current E90.
However, I just bought a bottle of Iron X which is supposed to work miracles on wheels (it does smell disgusting). Going to try it out very soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #55
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Kudos on the new car as well as choosing a unique color. I really like the Mojave!

Quick question, which pic above is nearer the true color of your interior. I ask only because BMW have had beige that is more taupe-ish and beige that is more yellowy and the configurator has two names for what appears, judging by the color swatch, to be the same color: Venetto Beige and Venetian Beige. Your door handle pics look more taupe-beige and the front seat pics look yellowy-beige.

Regardless of the color, your car looks nice. Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #56
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks Tony. It's a bit hard to say which one comes closest to the color but I think it is the more yellow-ish color. I have the Veneto Beige, the color they show in the configurator is pretty much the same color irl

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #57
dude987
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xit2050 View Post
I have the same problem with my current E90.
However, I just bought a bottle of Iron X which is supposed to work miracles on wheels (it does smell disgusting). Going to try it out very soon.
Don't mean to hijack this thread. But I suspect the issue of brake dust on wheels and trying to keep them clean is a major ordeal for most BMW owners. I for one would be very interested in knowing how Iron x works. Maybe you could start a separate thread and keep us posted on the results. Inquiring minds want to know.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #58
xit2050
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude987 View Post
Don't mean to hijack this thread. But I suspect the issue of brake dust on wheels and trying to keep them clean is a major ordeal for most BMW owners. I for one would be very interested in knowing how Iron x works. Maybe you could start a separate thread and keep us posted on the results. Inquiring minds want to know.
Just go to Youtube and do a search for Iron X and you'll get some great examples of the stuff in action.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #59
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Svache,

we need more pictures of your car...

The color is so nice and very classy!!

Do your car a favor, and show it to us...

especially under different light conditions, the color "changes" like for IB.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #60
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Svache,

we need more pictures of your car...

The color is so nice and very classy!!

Do your car a favor, and show it to us...

especially under different light conditions, the color "changes" like for IB.
Ehmmm.. I don't know about that for now.. my car is so incredibly dirty, I'm just driving and hauling with it lately :S

It'll come

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #61
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

CLASSY
grat color for LUX line.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 03:03 AM   #62
briersben
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

I will soon need to order the BMW F31 Touring, and need to decide on a color.

I am debating between the colors Sparkling Bronze and Havana / Mojave. I seem to like the color Sparkling Bronze, but I am not really sure about it. It is really hard to find some decent pictures on the net. In Belgium, where I live, the BMW dealers don't typically have this color in stock.. I managed to see one, but the weather was really bad, so I did not really get a decent impression.

Svache, you mentioned in a Official Sparkling Bronze thread you initially opted for this color as well. I have seen the pictures of your car, and I must say it looks spectacular. In retrospect, now that you own a Havana f30, would you still prefer the Sparkling Bronze over Havana? Or are you really pleased that you finally got it in Havana?

I think I will go for the color Havana, since I also really like this color.. I have seen it in real life, and I have seen quite a few very nice of pictures on the net..

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #63
ironysatire
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Deep Sea Blue E90 sedan

X2 what briersben asks..........
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #64
schnell13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Beautiful car, sir! I must admit, the Luxury Line wheels are easily my favorite. And yes, please post pics of the interior. Just love all the woods and inlays you can choose from on the Luxury Line. Enjoy the car and the beautiful weather!
Individual Order 2013 335i M-Sport through BMW Military Sales / Mineral Grey / Coral Red / 4MR / ZMM / ZPP / ZTP / ZDH / 2TB / 494 / 688 / ///M Performance / ///M5 Blue Brakes / K&N / aFe / H&R / Turner Motorsports / SportLine Wheels / Details, details, details...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #65
dannyzlo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Luxury Line

Quote:
After a long wait (well, ok, I know there are people here on the boards who wait longer, I feel for you guys!), I finally took delivery of my new 328i yesterday in the late afternoon
My 328 is almost here, and it's almost identical to yours. So excited!