F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > University of Miami Allegations
ARMA SPEED

08-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #23
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Not at this level. I'm pretty sure every major or competitive program in the country has shit it's doing that is in violation of regulations, but this is an absolute gold mine. I've never heard of allegations this extensive.
thats cause in Miami, we do it big or go home
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #24
DB
M3/Raptor
United_States
Rep
Drives: to the track

In my opinion, this is everywhere. It's just that there are cooler ways to give free stuff in Miami than other places (e.g. not gonna have as many places to take the yacht for a spin in State College, PA). I don't really blame players for taking stuff. Any other student at the school could take that stuff with no penalty. Who wouldn't take cash and parties as a college student? Heck, who wouldn't take it after college? I'd go for a ride on a yacht full of cash and hot chicks in a second. But, my opinion on the severity (not severe) of taking free stuff (or something as trivial as free f'n tattoos) does not mean that I think miami won't get in a bunch of trouble for this stuff. Violations like these stopped bothering me a few years ago when I started to believe it was everywhere and I was actually just waiting on schools to get caught. Miami's turn. Will be someone new next week/month/year. By the way, I think this stuff, even though widespread, is far more benign than schools paying directly for services (that's you Cam Newton), but somehow that was ok because it was just his dad negotiating for him.

My guess is that what sets the Miami stuff apart from others is not the actual violations, but that you have the person behind this who decided to document everything and feels like burning the "friends" he tried to buy because they were bad people who didn't maintain their "friendships" with him (says the scumbag who is in jail for a $1 billion heist)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #25
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #26
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I'm from Miami, I went to FSU, I'm a dedicated Hurricane hater... but this is not how I want to see things go.
      08-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #27
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
http://allabouttheu.wordpress.com/20...te-his-claims/
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #28
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
whoa
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #29
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I'm a U fan since as far back as I can remember. Fucking A, this doesn't look good at all... but I can't honestly say this is a huge surprise. Still, at least it started in 2002 and won't be putting a blemish on the 2001 Miami Hurricanes - the greatest college football team in history.
looks like it will effect the national championship team. The list of players include Sean Taylor et al. EAch of them has a violations file on Yahoo! Sports related to this.

read the right hand column

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigatio...enefits_081611
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #30
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Why is it that everyone thinks it is acceptable to call this booster's credibility into question. They keep saying things like "known liar". GTFO. More than half the criminals in jail were put there based on the testimony of "known liars".

Why else would there be video of a random white boy running on the field during games and pics of him with players on vacations, etc?
      08-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #31
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Why is it that everyone thinks it is acceptable to call this booster's credibility into question. They keep saying things like "known liar". GTFO. More than half the criminals in jail were put there based on the testimony of "known liars".

Why else would there be video of a random white boy running on the field during games and pics of him with players on vacations, etc?
Seriously? It's acceptable because he lied, cheated, and stole from innocent people to the tune of over $900M. And he was convicted of said crime. He is a professional liar, why shouldn't his credibility be questioned?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #32
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Seriously? It's acceptable because he lied, cheated, and stole from innocent people to the tune of over $900M. And he was convicted of said crime. He is a professional liar, why shouldn't his credibility be questioned?
Because aside from an axe to grind (which he openly acknowledges) what other motivation does he have by bringing this up? Yes he is a convicted felon, but many convicted felons prove to be the cornerstone for prosecutors in court cases all the time.

According to ESPN:

Quote:
The NCAA told Miami administrators that, in light of allegations made by a former Hurricanes booster, it will consider invoking its "willful violators" clause and make an exception to the four-year statute of limitations on violations
      08-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #33
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Because aside from an axe to grind (which he openly acknowledges) what other motivation does he have by bringing this up? Yes he is a convicted felon, but many convicted felons prove to be the cornerstone for prosecutors in court cases all the time.
Because he has a book he wants to sell. He is a criminal that needs money. He has already tried extorting players and that didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #34
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Because he has a book he wants to sell. He is a criminal that needs money. He has already tried extorting players and that didn't work.
What's really funny is had he not been arrested or needed the money. The truth may never have come out. But because of those reasons, you believe it is a compelling enough argument to deny the allegations.

There isn't a single school in D1 sports that doesn't break the rules. Some are more active than others. As far as I am concerned, they are all just waiting to get caught at this point.

Miami is as guilty as USC or OSU.

Snitches/whistle blowers more often than not have a motive. But it doesn't make what they have to say any more or less credible. What it does do, is give people like yourself 'cane an opportunity to deny based on his character. While averting attention away from the obvious problems with how athletes are being handled at Miami.

Miami Alums are now going after the writer from Yahoo. It is insane. College football fans are hilarious.